Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    T Park Num 9
    My fingers have been crossed since July 1 12:01 AM.

If we could talk to Jermaine youd just tell him to use his head,

that with him here, that the team would be a IMIDIATE DYNASTY!!!!

Bandit2981
    1 more time...would jermaine play center or PF? and anyone know why tim dislikes C so much? he would have to play that if brand came

Pooh
    O'Neal hates playing the center spot that is why B.Miller does it. They rotate from time to time, but O'Neal doesn't like it. Tim isn't going to want to play center so, just got after Brand and be done with it or get Alonzo, that is what you really need, a big person to bang heads with Shaq.

T Park Num 9
    Go after brand.

Nah,,, I think well go after Jermaine.

The fear of loosing Jermaine is showing!!!!:evil :evil :evil

Pooh
    Not worried a bit actually, JO's best place is in Indiana, period. Not here and playing second fiddle.

Bandit2981
    starting a dynasty would get him all the publicity he needs...and i dont think it would really be a 2nd fiddle role, more like a duo...duncan and o'neal! sounds fearsome to me

Pooh
    O'Neal doesn't like to play center and neither does Tim.

Bandit2981
    isnt brand too small though? like 6'9 or something?

Truthsayer
    Defensive stopper? Defensive stopper! Defensive stopper?

When Pop got his defensive stopper in Bruce Bowen, you gave him nothing but grief. Now you give Nellie a pass because he hasn't been fortunate enough to find his defensive stopper?????????

Nice guy and Spurs fan you are,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but logical or consistent you are NOT!

GrandeDavid
    DeMarcus, I hear ya! I don't want to overestimate any man's loyalty, especially a pro athlete's "show me the money" loyalty, but one would seriously think that loyalty issues to the Pacers org. will be a major factor in JO's decision-making.

CosmicCowboyXXX
    O'Neal doesn't like to play center and neither does Tim.
    I am so sick of hearing this.

In todays NBA, PF/C are virtually interchangeable positions. Both "play" center all the time if by that you mean they find thenselves guarding the other teams "center"...

no matter what you called it, a front court of Tim Duncan and Jermaine O'Neal would undoubtedly be scary dominant in the NBA even over a frontcourt of Shaq + ?...

travis2
    Hasn't anyone ever heard of a guard/wing/post offense?

Jimcs50
    Tim played"center" 4 yrs at Wake Forrest, he plays almost exlusively in the post area, he is not worried about this at all, we are talking semantics here...PF-center....they are interchangable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice trip down memory lane...

Spurs really, really struck out hard in the 2003 offseason post-championship, probably worse than the Lakers did this year. Striking out on both O'Neal and Kidd, acquiescing to Rasho as their consolation prize... losing Stephen Jackson in his prime for free, they didn't even bother to re-sign Speedy Claxton. Just brainless on the part of PATFO that year. The only move they made that ultimately paid long-term dividends in the future was signing Robert Horry, though he was terrible his first year here.

And lol at the losers ITT who wanted Elton Brand from the Clippers. Dude was a glorified Malik Rose/Dejuan Blair,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ran into Jermaine O’Neal and his buddy Al Harrington in 03 in a Boston restaurant. Super gangsta dude

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ran into Jermaine O’Neal and his buddy Al Harrington in 03 in a Boston restaurant. Super gangsta dude
    April/May?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember him saying that if he knew ahead of time that Isiah Thomas would be fired, he would have signed with the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember him saying that if he knew ahead of time that Isiah Thomas would be fired, he would have signed with the Spurs.
    Damn you Larry Bird

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn you Larry Bird
    Yeah, Larry Bird played him on that one.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He confirmed it in a Slam Magazine interview several years ago. The reason he re-signed with the Pacers was because he viewed Isiah as a father figure and didn't want to turn his back o him. Bird promised him that he would keep Isiah but fired him immediately once he had Jermaine under contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Smart move by Bird. Spurs would've won at least 5 in a row. Damn

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He confirmed it in a Slam Magazine interview several years ago. The reason he re-signed with the Pacers was because he viewed Isiah as a father figure and didn't want to turn his back o him. Bird promised him that he would keep Isiah but fired him immediately once he had Jermaine under contract.
    Yeah, that was a dirty move by Bird.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can never figure out why players would ever gravitate towards that back stabbing incompetent racist Isiah Thomas.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Smart move by Bird. Spurs would've won at least 5 in a row. Damn
    not with Pop coaching.

Thread Information