goliath
    According to a poster on SR, Our good buddy SAS just reported on the Best Damn Sports Show that the Pacers and Spurs are discussing a sign and trade involving Parker and Brad Miller, thus paving the way for JKidd to enter our back court.

While I SAS is full of it, I just thought you all might like to know.

Marcus Bryant
    Kidd
    Ginobili
    SJackson
    Duncan
    BMiller

Not a bad lineup.

Aggie Hoopsfan
    I think we could get more with Parker.

Marcus, the numbers don't work, unless Miller is signing for less than 4 million per.

AHF

Marcus Bryant
    Parker has a salary the last time I checked. Also, +15%.

Jimcs50
    No way. **** that trade, **** Kidd.

Aggie Hoopsfan
    Alright,

Spurs cap room: 16 million
    - Kidd (12.6 million ?)
    ----------
    3.4 million left
    + Parker (856K)
    -------
    4.256 million starting for Miller?

Throw in the 15%, that's still, what, 4.7 million?

And we give up a kid who's fixing to blow up? Who backs up Kidd? Who guards the smaller, quicker points who like to roast Kidd? Going against Nash and Van Exel would be a blood bath.

AHF

goliath
    AHF,

I was thinking the same thing. S&T Parker for Miller would only get Miller about 800K more than if he just signed outright with us. Doesnt seem worth it. We could add other players, but we really dont have much else to add with only 5 players under contract.

Personally, I think SAS is just trying to get back at Spurs fans for giving him sh!t all year2

NCaliSpurs
    Parker for B. Miller? Are you joking?

What a slap in the face of Parker. They trade Parker for Brad Miller, who Malik Rose would match in numbers were he to get Brad's minutes.

Naah.

To top it off, how sure is Kidd coming here? A lot of people think it is less than 50/50. So why would we trade Parker for Miller if weren't even sure on getting Kidd.

This seems both immature and unlikely, like many people on these forums' chances of getting laid.

Aggie Hoopsfan
    Personally I think SAS is a dumbass mofo who only has his job because like Rome, he has a big mouth and a lot of what he says is funny - not necessarily humorous, but it's one of those things when he's blabbering and his animations, studio execs and the dumb public like it for some reason.

Honestly, the only "scoop" I recall SAS getting right in the last 3 years was that LeBron would go #1, and well, who didn't?

If we're going to trade Parker, we can do a lot better for him than Miller. Plus it leaves us with no backup point - Speedy's gone.

AHF

Marcus Bryant
    Obviously if they dealt Parker that would only be because they have Kidd signed, sealed, and delivered.

But of course that would make sense. Sorry for interrupting.

Aggie Hoopsfan
    I'm still waiting to hear who our point will be Marcus?

Steve Kerr?

And like I said, we can do better than Brad Miller for Tony.

AHF

Marcus Bryant
    Um, Jason Kidd.

Aggie Hoopsfan
    Meant to say backup.

NCaliSpurs
    Obviously if they dealt Parker that would only be because they have Kidd signed, sealed, and delivered.
    Obviously, these talks are both

unlikely and immature

Brad Miller is a little taller than Malik Rose. That is about it.

Marcus Bryant
    Good one. Remind me to laugh.

baseline bum
    It's going to take one of Ginobili/Rose/Bowen + Parker to sign Miller and sign Kidd also. I hate any of those ideas - Ginobili and Rose are too talented to give up for nothing, and Bowen is one of our key guys in the LA matchup.

Not to mention that Parker is way too talented to give up for a pretty good but not great player.

NCaliSpurs
    Check out the numbers of Malik Rose if he got Brad Miller's minutes. They are virtually identical.

In Malik's favor, these things aren't often purely linear. He might even have better numbers.

Aggie Hoopsfan
    NCali,

Malik cannot hang with starting frontlines in the NBA west.

No way, no how.

I guess he could do some damage against Dallas (and that's dependent on who they get inside this year), but against LA and Phoenix the dude would just find himself under the bucket looking up way too often.

Sorry, no thanks. We need no part of a 6 foot 5 guy starting at PF or C.

AHF

MannyIsGod
    good thing barkely never played for the spurs

NCaliSpurs
    I am not saying Malik is a great center.

Look at his numbers per Brad Millers minutes. You will see that Miller is just taller.

The numbers don't lie. Malik Rose deserves his contract, and I want another goddamned shot blocker on this team.

picnroll
    Maybe Spurs are floating rumors to scare the out of O'Neal to get him to sign. Probably not. But then again it is CIA Pop.

smackdaddy11
    80% of what you hear is all smoke. Agents love to float out items to potentially increase their clients value.

I know we have heard LA is interested in SJax. Pure Bull. LA needs help at areas other than SG and C. LA floats this to hopefully inflate SJaxs value. I believe nothing, especially from A. Steven Smith.

kohai
    This may be the dumbest rumor ever floated. Why the **** would we GIVE them Tony if BMiller is interested in coming here? SAS is a ing idiot, but you know THAT already.

Thread Information