Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Walton Buys Off Me
    ideal roster for next year;

Duncan, Willis
    O'Neal, Horry
    Bowen, R.Miller
    Ginobili, Kerr
    Parker, Claxton

That's right- I want Rose and Jackson off the squad, Jackson replaced by Reggie Miller and Rose by Robert Horry for financial reasons. No Malik will not go to the Lakers, he'll go to Indiana in a sign and trade.

Who could argue that Reggie- under our system wouldn't revitalize his game? As far as Horry goes- stricly off the bench, some time at the 4, some at the 3, he'd get some good looks playing for the Spurs.

Why restructure something that just won a championship? Simple, it makes us better. We keep our nucleus in Duncan, Parker, Ginobili and Bowen, sign a bonafide all-star in Jermaine O'Neal, sign another all-star for the MLE in Reggie Miller- someone who won't turn the ball over twenty-six times in the Finals, and we retain our character with guys like Willis and Kerr. Resigning Claxton is also imoprtant in my book.

Gone: Robinson, Smith, Rose, Ferry, Jackson
    Arrived: O'Neal, R.Miller, Horry

ducks
    miller? to much money and expensive

he has oneal and miller with the pacers now and he is not what he was. true they have no point but still to expensive

Marcus Bryant
    No thanks. Other than the JO'Neal and Horry parts.

ducks
    if it took rose for oneal I would do it

we could still get willis to come back might get pj brown.

Marcus Bryant
    If that's what it took, sure. Doubt Indy would go for it.

ducks
    or they would let oneal walk for nothing? oneal has some leverage you know and he wants to show the pacers some respect .... sure they might want speedy or tp but tp is off limits besides oneal wants to have a point guard not a idiot at point

Marcus Bryant
    SA sends back a couple of picks. We throw a 'cue. Good Times.

Walton Buys Off Me
    No, we sign O'Neal- we do a sign and trade for Reggie

TwoHandJam
    O'Neal and Horry would be great. If we could fit Piatkowski in there somehow, that would be the icing on the cake.

Walton Buys Off Me
    Can someone in this forum seriously and intelligently argue that Stephen Jackson is > Reggie Miller????!!!!!

Marcus Bryant
    a 57 year old Reggie Miller? Sure.

ducks
    are you also going to say steve smith> SJ?

TwoHandJam
    With the lineup he's proposing, we certainly wouldn't need Jax. Miller would fit well in that respect if he came cheaply enough. Horry + Miller + Kerr = unbeatable veteran clutchness.

Marcus Bryant
    Why give up Rose for an old Reggie Miller when you already have the rights to Jax?

Marcus Bryant
    So you dump a Rose in his prime for 35 year old Robert Horry? 24 year old Jax for 37 year old Reggie Miller?

No thanks.

Walton Buys Off Me
    First off, please don't compare Steve "I haven't hit a big shot in twelve years" to Reggie Miller...that's asanine.

As far as Jackson goes, would we have won without him? Maybe not, but he should made us sweat the whole way through. Same for Malik- does anyone truly belive this guy is going to get better? He won't, flat out- he's got the heart of a lion, but no talent to speak of.

I'd like to keep these guys- they are great guys, but we have a chance to get really better here and unfortunately we can't satisfy everyone.

Reggie is still money- case closed. Believe me.

Marcus Bryant
    Kerr gave the Spurs what they need wtf do they need to run out a young athlete who just put together a string of clutch shots for an old ass guard like Reggie Miller?

As for Rose you are flat wrong. Dammit I am tired of seeing Spurs fans bag on him. Rose has singlehandedly given this Spurs team a bench over the last 5 years and the thanks he gets is the assumption that he is expendable. Thankfully the front office disagrees with your astute analysis.

Giving him up to add a JO'Neal? Sure. Moving him just for the of it so you can replace him with Horry is not just dumb...it's insane.

TwoHandJam
    There really wouldn't be any minutes for Rose with Tim/O'Neal/Horry/Willis around and his contract would hurt us as the years go by. I'd rather bring in Scola or Oberto on the cheap.

I would be willing to give Jax one more year to drastically improve his ballhandling and turnovers. No progress next year = out.

Marcus Bryant
    No. There are limited minutes for Horry and Willis, not Rose.

Marcus Bryant
    There's a reason Rose has that contract. He earned it. He's making less than the average salary in the league right now.

TwoHandJam
    If we get a guy like O'Neal, it just makes more sense to have guys like Horry and Willis. Rose wouldn't be happy with his reduction in minutes and cheaper/older guys like Horry and Willis are still very versatile and more cap friendly.

Parker and Manu are going to have to get paid soon and the more cap space for them the better. Let Malik realize his starter dreams in the east.

Marcus Bryant
    TD 38 minutes
    JO 35 minutes
    MR 23 minutes

Reduction in minutes?

T Park Num 9
    WTF the bagging on Jackson??

He singlehandedly helped them win games 2 against phoenix, game 6 against Dallas, and game 6 against Nets.

Yeah lets toss him aside for a guy who couldnt hit a damn shot against the Celtics.

Get a clue.

Jackson > Miller
    Rose > Willis+ Horry PERIOD.

Where would the Spurs have been without Rose in game 4 against Dallas.

Come on people these people who helped win a ring DESERVE to be back, Jackson, Parker, Claxton, Rose.

People grow a brain.

KoriEllis
    Walton, you want an intelligent argument to keep Jack over getting Reggie... here you go!

Reggie Miller is one of my all-time favorites. I have his poster on my wall and his jersey in my closet. We were at UCLA at the same time. But he's not better than Jack right now.

Reggie's turning 38 in August. He's coming off surgery.

He averaged 12.6 points, 2.5 rebounds and 2.4 assists in 30 minutes this season. He was never a defensive giant, but he has lost all his defensive quickness with ankle problems and crickety knees. Reggie is looking to finish out his career either in Indy -- or back home in L.A.

Jack is 25 years old. He averaged 11.8 points , 3.6 rebounds, 2.3 assists in 28 minutes this season. (And before someone cracks on his turnovers, he only averages 2.2 per game)

He carried the Spurs in the Phoenix series. Duncan was bogged down and ineffective -- Jack was the only one to step up and perform -- he won the Phoenix series.

Game Six vs New Jersey, the Spurs were this close to being done. Jack had been sucking in the first half. But he reached down inside himself and in his first Finals of his life buried shots and single-handedly turned the tide of the game to bring home the le to your San Antonio Spurs.

Yes, he is young and makes bonehead decisions at times. But when the chips were down, he had the balls to step up and knock down shots when it counted. He believes in the Spurs system. He works hard. And he has balls of steel.

That quality is not something that shows up in the stat sheet every night. But it's something that makes Champions -- NO FEAR.

DON'T TRADE JACK.

:queen

T Park Num 9
    ^^^^ Read this and memorize jackson hating morons.

Especially you walton. he averages 2.2 a game, your precious Miller shot like 28% against Boston.

PATHETIC.

Jackson kept them in game 1, won game 2 and game 6 against Phoenix,

GROW A BRAIN MORONS!!!!!!!

Give him another summer of development and practicing the plays, and this guy is going to develop even more.

Thread Information