Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FAIL as the NON GOAT (not even top three - Kareem, Jordan and Russell all FAR superior and case can be made Wilt and Duncan as well). Kobe got 5 chips on a single team. Case can be made not even a top 5 Fakers (Kareem, Wilt, West, Baylor, Kobe......)

Stop any BS discussion on the GOAT forever = he is 4*** - 6 in finals now with in LA a missed playoffs and this latest first round travesty, after predicting that his big shoulders would carry the Fakers. Now with only a sham bubble championship in LA and a motley career championship record despite 2 "superteams". He only got to most finals in the weak East and got carried last year by Davis against weak and injured teams with biased officiating behind him per par. All this on likely PED use.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    It's not about rings. It's about level of play

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stat Queen ball dominant player par excellence and among the greats - most over-rated by far ever. Can’t win without super teams and most often even with them.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Stat Queen ball dominant player par excellence and among the greats - most over-rated by far ever. Can’t win without super teams and most often even with them.
    LeBron isn't perfect player - noboby is. And it's tough to compare players from different era's. Quality of the teammates impacts player production, different rules require different skillsets (for example Shaq became less dominant after removing of illegal defense and, imo, zone era favours wings, pre-zone era favours bigs). You can't compare 60's players with modern stars too. Players are so much more skilled now. So, it's impossible to call somebody GOAT.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron isn't perfect player - noboby is. And it's tough to compare players from different era's. Quality of the teammates impacts player production, different rules require different skillsets (for example Shaq became less dominant after removing of illegal defense and, imo, zone era favours wings, pre-zone era favours bigs). You can't compare 60's players with modern stars too. Players are so much more skilled now. So, it's impossible to call somebody GOAT.
    Agree except for BS that players more skilled now - except for three ball game regressed. Show me a great big who can hit a hook shot like Kareem or bank one softly off glass like Duncan or have the footwork of the Dream. Overall LESS skill without a doubt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree except for BS that players more skilled now - except for three ball game regressed. Show me a great big who can hit a hook shot like Kareem or bank one softly off glass like Duncan or have the footwork of the Dream. Overall LESS skill without a doubt.
    Today' NBA skill = crossover or a 3 ball

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I got my 17th out of him.

ADDENDUM:::And it was iffy as to whether he'd win (it was a gimme like '09 in Florida) or, whether he'd purposely sabotage it to hurt my people (white), to deny us our (want). But in the bitter end he shut the up, dribbled, soldiered and I was able to lodge it with the other 16 NBA World les.
    Last edited by Thread; 06-04-2021 at 06:29 AM.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That's all it's about.

There in '10 Wallace had to be carried out of Staples by LAPD SWAT. tee, hee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember, the Spurs, in particular Manu, gifted LBJ a le in '13.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s a playmaker, of course he’s ball dominant

it’s not like he’s a ballhog

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember, the Spurs, in particular Manu, gifted LBJ a le in '13.
    Nah Miami won fair and square

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except players are more skilled now, that’s a fact not an opinion

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was so glad ......so en tired of Super teams and that sucker Lebron in the Finals....NBA needed a change
    Last edited by Gervin44Silas13; 06-04-2021 at 08:59 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was so glad ......so en tired of Super teams and that sucker Lebron in the Finals....NBA needs to change
    You must have hated the 80s top teams and the 90s Bulls thrn

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOVE IT

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had a argument with my brother and I told him its all small ball the three has taken over the game. He argues its a big mans game what he didn't understand is you have 6'9 guys chucking threes and not banging the boards inside the paint

Players and coaches have reverted to chucking threes more so now that ever

Remember back in the day oh....you need a true Point guard and a dominant center to score...Jordan changed that he never relied on a big man...he'd connect mid range jumpers, dunks, and 3s here and there and feed other teammates.

In the Duncan/Kobe era it was a mix big man and mix of mid range...However Pop implemented a Defense 1st mentality and a inside outside game. The Spurs would beat you on defense alone

By the time you get to the Splash brothers era...it became small ball a way to rip up defenses and hitting threes and hitting high percentage shots also flopping on threes became the norm you can thank those suckers Harden, Paul, Westbrook, and Lebron for that.......gone is the era of the center and mid range jumpers....in fact I see fast break dunks less now. Seeing Super teams and a lot of 3's and less dunks is making the NBA Boring to watch...or could it be the NBA is just so watered down...less about team and more induvial play.

just my observation......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah cause I hated those teams everybody was sucking on that Lakers/Celtics at the Hemisfair Arena
    enjoyed the Pistons run....Bulls 2nd 3peat was fixed by Sterno...Jordan had some personal problems....they killed his Papa ...memba....that what happens when you don't pay your debts!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except players are more skilled now, that’s a fact not an opinion
    I mean are they? Yeah they are more skilled than the 50s and 60s . But honestly this whole they are more skilled is overrated. They shoot more 3s and that's about it. Only like 5 people in the league know how to post up effectively. Midrange is basically dead and half their moves are traveling and carrying the ball like crazy. I'm not saying that players didn't travel or carry beforehand (everyone did), but I've never seen an era not give a about it as much as this one. They are faster and stronger for sure but more skilled... meh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well zone D is a factor
    It makes sense that big men take more outside shots
    And good post up big men still exist today, Jokic, Embiid, KAT, Cousins when he’s playing lol
    They can play inside and outside, it’s beautiful basketball
    I would rather watch those guys than Shaq.
    Ewing was just Ian Mahinmi with a midrange jumpshot
    Hakeem was great to watch tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP did your ex girlfriend give any of your stuff back?

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 rings with a super-team in Miami that should have had 4. A ring just cause Miami had injuries to their leading scorer and Adebayo. And then the ring, that everyone in the media jersk off to, how he won it alone, even tho that Cleveland team was pretty damn good and Curry and Thompson played like in the finals. Whoever thinks this guy is a goat or even in top 5 is a ing re . Oh, he also spend 95% of his career in the easiest conference of all time. Its not that hard to play at 100% in the finals, when you have to defeat sub 50% teams in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 rings with a super-team in Miami that should have had 4. A ring just cause Miami had injuries to their leading scorer and Adebayo. And then the ring, that everyone in the media jersk off to, how he won it alone, even tho that Cleveland team was pretty damn good and Curry and Thompson played like in the finals. Whoever thinks this guy is a goat or even in top 5 is a ing re . Oh, he also spend 95% of his career in the easiest conference of all time. Its not that hard to play at 100% in the finals, when you have to defeat sub 50% teams in the playoffs.
    His Finals opposition were no joke : thse Spurs and Warriors teams were amazing
    It's not like he faced the Jazz, a depeleted Lakers team or Drexler+scrubs

Also in Miami Bosh wasn't Bosh from the Raptors days and had health issues, people are acting lie he was a dominant force
    Wade was also terrible during those FInals, but nobody brings it up
    It wasn't really a real big 3

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FAIL as the NON GOAT (not even top three - Kareem, Jordan and Russell all FAR superior and case can be made Wilt and Duncan as well). Kobe got 5 chips on a single team. Case can be made not even a top 5 Fakers (Kareem, Wilt, West, Baylor, Kobe......)

Stop any BS discussion on the GOAT forever = he is 4*** - 6 in finals now with in LA a missed playoffs and this latest first round travesty, after predicting that his big shoulders would carry the Fakers. Now with only a sham bubble championship in LA and a motley career championship record despite 2 "superteams". He only got to most finals in the weak East and got carried last year by Davis against weak and injured teams with biased officiating behind him per par. All this on likely PED use.
    That's a generous description. Refs had to straight-up cheat to get the Lakers past the Nuggets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got my 12th out of him.

ADDENDUM:::And it was iffy as to whether he'd win (it was a gimme like '09 in Florida) or, whether he'd purposely sabotage it to hurt my people (white), to deny us our (want). But in the bitter end he shut the up, dribbled, soldiered and I was able to lodge it with the other 11 NBA World les.
    12 doesn't count, unless you're Kirby being the 12th best of all time.

He's first of all time killing his daughter by forcing that heli pilot to fly in weather deemed unsafe for the LAPD. Imagine being such an egomaniac that you kill your daughter trying to play a middle school bball game.

Sad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean are they? Yeah they are more skilled than the 50s and 60s . But honestly this whole they are more skilled is overrated. They shoot more 3s and that's about it. Only like 5 people in the league know how to post up effectively. Midrange is basically dead and half their moves are traveling and carrying the ball like crazy. I'm not saying that players didn't travel or carry beforehand (everyone did), but I've never seen an era not give a about it as much as this one. They are faster and stronger for sure but more skilled... meh
    They shot more 3s and that'S about it?

That's an oversimplifaction

Look at a big PG like Luka, he has better handles than Magic Johnson, is a great passer, a much much better shooter and scorer, also has a high BB IQ and he has the oportunity to eliminate a stacked Clippers team without an other star in his team

defenses back then dared Magic and DJ to shoot from midrange, that was comical

AND he, like every star today, is playing against zone D, which is more difficult than constant ISO ball with a defender left on an island

Luka in the 80s - 90s would hae been really unreal, damn

Jokic can bring the ball up like a guard, is already one of the GOAT passers of all time, can shoot the 3, can shoot the midrange - and not just any midrange - one legged fadeaway midrange shots - AND he can post up like old schools Centers
    Name me 1 center from the 80s-90s who could do all those things and do them at a high level, I'll wait

If you took away Reggie's 3 pt shot by closing in on him, he would try to drive to the rim or pass it to a teammate; nowadays that is not enough, as we saw with Lillard in his recent 55 pt outburst, he can still take that 3 to tie the game in late game situations by side steeping and shoot the 3, instead of being forced to blow by his defender and be forced to take a 2 instead of a 3

If shooting the 3 if so easy, how come Jordan was so terrible in that department?
    Last edited by lefty; 06-04-2021 at 10:14 AM.

Thread Information