Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    emmo
    www.twincities.com/mld/tw...540263.htm

• Pssst: At an informal workout the other day at Target Center, after Timberwolves rookie Rick Rickert made a nifty move to slip past his boyhood idol, Kevin Garnett of the Wolves, to score a basket, Garnett responded, without warning, by punching Rickert in the jaw.

A cut required seven s ches to close, and Rickert also suffered a chipped tooth. The astonished 6-10 Rickert didn't retaliate against the 7-foot NBA most valuable player, who also had unkind words for the former Gophers player. Apparently, the rookie wasn't supposed to score on the MVP. Rickert received his s ches at University of Minnesota Hospital.

Because the incident involved the Wolves' franchise player, the incident seemingly will make it even more difficult for Rickert to make the Wolves' final roster.

The astonished 6-10 Rickert didn't retaliate against the 7-foot NBA most valuable player

ChumpDumper
    Just read that.

I agree Rickert is a tool, but KG is officially a -- his .

Bring forth the apologists....

Tommy Duncan

Rickert, Rick

That's going to endear KG to the Minnesota faithful.

ChumpDumper
    Ladies and gentlemen, we have our final big man.

Will probably have as much impact vs. the Wolves as Malone would at any rate. Pull the trigger RC!

From Way Downtown
    KG is 100% class -- or is that ass?

SpursWoman
    Unreal.

exstatic
    Where is Wolves009 now?

bigzak25
    i think garnett is a racist. he's obviously a punk asshole.

maxpower
    If always wondered why people who have been enamored of garnett despite his history. I thought it was too superficial to think that because of his stats and gameplay people would overlook an obviously blatant punk asshole. More and more it seems to me that is the only reason. It is beyond me, what garnett has done to deserve any of the praise he has gotten the past couple of years. Granted I do not live in the minnesotta area and therefore am not privy to his local exploits...but nationally, there is nothing to cause me to believe this guy is a good guy.

garnett fans...:served

tekdragon
    is this for real?

Honestly, it's hard to believe. Not because KG is such a great guy, but in an informal workout?!? Absolutely unbelieveable.

What an ass.

And it's really a shame. I've been a pretty big fan of KG, (don't confuse that with the ridiculous KG>TD debate bull ) but that might be changing. Adding this to his Olympic refusal, and he's slipping quickly in my book.

Nikos
    Who is that Chump? :Q

ChumpDumper
    It's Rickert -- he played in Slovenia last season.

I know the Wolves own his rights, but I'd venture a guess the Wolves aren't in a great bargaining position right now.

Shaq H8ter
    The only thing KG can do now is MAKE SURE he gets on the team.

He'll try to play it off saying he's tired and stressed out and that he always got people coming at him trying to show him up.
    Then he'll say the kid is tough and even though he's not use to the Street Game, fashizzle.

Dump this team Kid come play for the Spurs, we'll promise you a starting role everytime we play the Timberwolves this season.

Thank you Larry Bird for making this all possible!

Solid D
    This may be an incomplete story (one-sided). MJ and Steve Kerr got into a tangle once with the Bulls but it doesn't sound like this. Even if it was trash talking by Rickert, that isn't just cause for assault by KG.

If the story "is what it is" - then KG just adds another instance to a growing list of punk acts.

E20
    What mother ing pussy got ass punk.
    I want TD to nut all over KG just 14 times this season.

Rick Von Braun
    If this is true, it is unreal!

I wonder if Rick Rickert could sue KG? :Q

sportcamper1
    I don’t blame Garnett one bit...I always wanted to punch that “Dennis the Menace Kid” myself...

From Way Downtown
    I wonder if Rick Rickert could sue KG
    he might consult with that dude that Antonio Daniels slugged a couple of summers ago.

ducks
    man do that to me next time! I would take his butt to the cleaners!

kmgospurs
    I thought he was too busy to play for the USA? I guess he has time to slug someone playing basketball. I still remember the time he almost got into it with Manu and if Tim wasn't holding Manu back I think Manu wouldn't of allowed that.

Useruser666
    :Q

Would it be worth a vet min to see the mailman twist KG's alien body into a pretzel just once? I'd pass the hat for a piece of that.

Useruser666 :eyebrow

iminlakerland
    Screw that take it for all its worth. You bas you got beat get the **** over it.

timvp
    This is what team leaders do.

iminlakerland
    Team leader since when? If i'm not mistaken he needed Cassell and Sprewell to make it out of the first round.

Where the is wolves? Can i upper cut him in the jaw and force him to chip a tooth and get s ches?

SickDSM
    Rickert went overseas because he sucked. He was only drafted bc he's from the U of M. Supposedly he had been playing good enough to compete for the final two roster spots. Shooter (guy who wrote that column) usually spews nonsense, you have to when your writing for a B-class newspaper. That being said i'm dissapointed that something happaned. I'm sure this is a one sided story however.

Very disspointed, however
    Jordan,
    Kobe,
    Shaq,
    and many more have thrown punches with teamates before.

I would have thought that the whole "KG is a wuss cuz he didn't come to the olympics" talk would have ended.

Timmy didn't even garner a gold yet he's 95 % sure he's not coming back in '08. When Tim and AI win a gold and come back to play the next olympics then you can talk.

Thread Information