Silence Isn't Inactivity Donnie Nelson's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    What a season! Here’s my top things I loved and hated about our series vs the Clippers.

LOVED
    1. The veteran savvy of players like Josh Richardson and Boban really pushed us to play our best. We need more of that.

2. This is a league that loves to play fast and shoot tons of 3 pointers, so Rick Carlisle being the genius that he is decided to slow the pace and play zone! Brilliant old school, veteran moves by a head coach who doesn’t feel the need to rely on critical analysis to push the team.

3. Kristaps Porzingis buying into the gameplan. Enough relying on sharpshooting and athleticism. Just park your ass in the corner and move like you have cement in your shoes, the way great Mavs big men like Raef Lafrentz and Pavel Podkolzin did it!

HATED
    1. Excessive shooting from Luka. We all feel like this kid’s got some promise, but he needs to dial back all the trick shots and get back to fundamental basketball. Feed our crafty big men in the post every possession! Really disappointed with Luka’s play, not gonna lie.

2. The Clippers relying on excessive talent to beat us. It isn’t really a victory unless you win with craftiness and hustle. I would have loved to see the Clippers use more of their real assets like Patrick Beverley and Luke Kennard to win. They really dodged a bullet by letting us go against the likes of Terance Mann, Paul George, and 40 minutes of Kawhi.

3. No Jerry Stackhouse. We needed his veteran savvy, but unfortunately he refused to come out of retirement to push us over the edge. Maybe next year.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is probably the reall donnie nelson.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

If Stackhouse isn't available, need to see what Devean George is up to these days IMO

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    dont forget men of loyalty like wes matthews, who legitimately earned a contract 3x larger than hes worth simply because he followed through on his verbal agreement

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Damn had no idea Porzingis was making that much

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Michael Jordan about to overpay some Hornet scrub in the next few weeks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You were probably too busy claiming Flynn was going to jail.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Is Darren Collison still around? Jalen Brunson played ok but he doesn't have enough "veteran savvy" to really help this team. If they're going to keep Luka around, they need a veteran who has that savvy presence to keep him in check IMO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Darren Collison still around? Jalen Brunson played ok but he doesn't have enough "veteran savvy" to really help this team. If they're going to keep Luka around, they need a veteran who has that savvy presence to keep him in check IMO
    Collins retired cause he wanted to be a son of God or some bull . The Mavs should just sign Dragic, he knows how to play with Luka. They already had him 2 or 3 years ago, but then Dallas rejected the trade. Just shows you what kind of re s are running that organization. Anyway, if Dallas wants to be relevant, they better trade half of that pathetic roster, but listening to Cuban and the re Donnie Nelson, it sounds like they love the team they have. In 3 years if that team wont be a contender, expect a request for a trade from Luka, as he for sure aint gonna be loyal to the Mavs and them not being able to get good players.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Collins retired cause he wanted to be a son of God or some bull . The Mavs should just sign Dragic, he knows how to play with Luka. They already had him 2 or 3 years ago, but then Dallas rejected the trade. Just shows you what kind of re s are running that organization. Anyway, if Dallas wants to be relevant, they better trade half of that pathetic roster, but listening to Cuban and the re Donnie Nelson, it sounds like they love the team they have. In 3 years if that team wont be a contender, expect a request for a trade from Luka, as he for sure aint gonna be loyal to the Mavs and them not being able to get good players.
    Good call on Dragic, he actually fits what Dallas is looking for even better! Older, more unathletic, and white. Another name that I haven't seen in the free agent wire often, but the Mavs should seriously consider is bringing back Keith Van Horn. If KP is going to camp out in the corner and brick one 3 pointer after another while doing jack sh!t on defense, then he really needs a mentor with "veteran savvy" who's been there before to show him how it's done

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good call on Dragic, he actually fits what Dallas is looking for even better! Older, more unathletic, and white. Another name that I haven't seen in the free agent wire often, but the Mavs should seriously consider is bringing back Keith Van Horn. If KP is going to camp out in the corner and brick one 3 pointer after another while doing jack sh!t on defense, then he really needs a mentor with "veteran savvy" who's been there before to show him how it's done
    They need at least 2 shooters and one of those has to play defense. Trading Porzingis should also be a priority. Even if he'll play better, sooner or later he'll get injured. I dont think Markkanen is that good, but he did say he want to play with Doncic, so if theres a chance to send Zingis Pingis to Chicago I'd do it. Heck, i'd trade him for a second round pick, just to get rid of that horrible contract. People should be fired for that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did something for the first time and wish I used more caution in the process. I used MySpace to look up matches for dating. I had a few interesting returns, replies, and dinners out of the deal. However, I had one experience I regret. One person I found that I started chatting with, I really liked. She appears to be my intellectual equal, and make more money than I do. After going though her photo's for the second time, I noticed one of her new house had the number clearly visible. That alone wouldn't be much, but her city was Gresham Oregon which is maybe only 75,000 population. It was a flag lot which there aren't many of. The photos clearly indicated they were clearly taken within a short time of the summer solstices and close to noon, because if the angle of the shade. Because of this, I knew the orientation of her driveway was in the general direction of north. It was obvious she would be easy to find. I wanted to warn her this was a photo to remove, so I did. Since people have a hard time believing my capabilities, I went to Google Maps satellite view, and found her house in under ten minutes. Probably three or four. I then mailed her with the request she remove the picture with the house number and sent the satellite link showing her property too.

Guess what. She freaked. I guess that's understandable, but now she doesn't want anything to do with me. Here I am looking out for her, and get bit for doing what I thought was the right thing to do. At least she removed the photo. I wish I handled it differently. Warning her that it could be done, then when she didn't believe me, find her house and show her. For me, it was a game. I like solving puzzles. In the end, it doesn't matter. She's not good enough for me is she's going to be so judgmental.

Long story short. Be careful what information you post on the internet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure they give porzingis one more season before moving forward. But i give him max 5 years of basketball, before he retires. He was good last season and in the bubble, but that meniscus tear realy ended his quickness. Now he is poor mans Brook Lopez.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a season! Here’s my top things I loved and hated about our series vs the Clippers.

LOVED
    1. The veteran savvy of players like Josh Richardson and Boban really pushed us to play our best. We need more of that.

2. This is a league that loves to play fast and shoot tons of 3 pointers, so Rick Carlisle being the genius that he is decided to slow the pace and play zone! Brilliant old school, veteran moves by a head coach who doesn’t feel the need to rely on critical analysis to push the team.

3. Kristaps Porzingis buying into the gameplan. Enough relying on sharpshooting and athleticism. Just park your ass in the corner and move like you have cement in your shoes, the way great Mavs big men like Raef Lafrentz and Pavel Podkolzin did it!

HATED
    1. Excessive shooting from Luka. We all feel like this kid’s got some promise, but he needs to dial back all the trick shots and get back to fundamental basketball. Feed our crafty big men in the post every possession! Really disappointed with Luka’s play, not gonna lie.

2. The Clippers relying on excessive talent to beat us. It isn’t really a victory unless you win with craftiness and hustle. I would have loved to see the Clippers use more of their real assets like Patrick Beverley and Luke Kennard to win. They really dodged a bullet by letting us go against the likes of Terance Mann, Paul George, and 40 minutes of Kawhi.

3. No Jerry Stackhouse. We needed his veteran savvy, but unfortunately he refused to come out of retirement to push us over the edge. Maybe next year.
    This team was missing Erick Dampier, tbh... plus, even after you loss, you would have the Dampier chip for the offseason!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Roddy B the savior > Manu/Porker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice job OP!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The real Donnie Nelson actually did throw Luka under the bus for losing

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If only Tyson Chandler hadn't walked.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The real Donnie Nelson actually did throw Luka under the bus for losing

literally 0:35 in " we ran into a buzzssaw " roflrofl sometimes the trolling writes real life

tbh Donnie Nelson's "first round buzzsaw" is analagous to Jason GarrettBot's "gotta tip your cap to a better team today" line

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see Van Horn, Eduardo Najera, Lafrentz, and Dampier coming back to help push _allas over the top. They could even wheel out Shawn Bradley on one of those electric gurneys that rotate them to see people, to be a good locker room presence.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    You were probably too busy claiming Flynn was going to jail.
    And you were probably busy trying to entrap young boys into a van by giving out candy with those fat ass hands

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Also good luck Dallas trying to build a roster around Luka. No 2021 or 2023 first round picks. Porzingis making 30 million dollars and being untradeable without picks

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Also good luck Dallas trying to build a roster around Luka. No 2021 or 2023 first round picks. Porzingis making 30 million dollars and being untradeable without picks
    lol having to build around john wall

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And you were probably busy trying to entrap young boys into a van by giving out candy with those fat ass hands
    Solid take DJohn. The pervert in white van move hasn't been seen here in years.

Thread Information