Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Statistically he was good but he never seemed like he was comfortable in the last 5 minutes of a close playoff game. Never seemed like he “wanted it” the way great players do. Nash did but he was obv never the type who you could just clear out for who’d get his own shot.

In 2005 Amare’s stats were really good because Duncan was guarding him in a bum ankle (iirc). It was also pre micro fracture surgery. He definitely had productive seasons after that surgery but he was never as explosive as he was pre micro fracture.
    True, Duncan screwed up one ankle in a late season game in Detroit and missed most of the last 15 games or so of the season and then ed the other ankle up late in Game 6 of the series against Seattle right before the WCF. Still, I remember Stoudemire being pretty devastating late game like when he sealed the 2007 Game 4 comeback in San Antonio right before Horry sent Nash into the scorer's table. It's just those Suns teams couldn't ever get a stop in the late game.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    True, Duncan screwed up one ankle in a late season game in Detroit and missed most of the last 15 games or so of the season and then ed the other ankle up late in Game 6 of the series against Seattle right before the WCF. Still, I remember Stoudemire being pretty devastating late game like when he sealed the Game 4 comeback in San Antonio right before Horry sent Nash into the scorer's table. It's just those Suns teams couldn't ever get a stop in the late game.
    Yeah he was great at the end of that game 4 I remember that too, but then he had to go ooga booga and get suspended for the next game.

Different topic but I’m still livid the Suns picked Bridges over Michael Porter. Bridges isn’t bad or anything but Booker Ayton Porter would be such a lethal nucleus to build around for the next decade. Idk why Porter slipped as far as he did in draft night, coming out of high school he was considered more talented than Ayton and scouts said he had a Durant like skill set.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah he was great at the end of that game 4 I remember that too, but then he had to go ooga booga and get suspended for the next game.

Different topic but I’m still livid the Suns picked Bridges over Michael Porter. Bridges isn’t bad or anything but Booker Ayton Porter would be such a lethal nucleus to build around for the next decade. Idk why Porter slipped as far as he did in draft night, coming out of high school he was considered more talented than Ayton and scouts said he had a Durant like skill set.
    Porter's back was all ed up and there was a lot of worry he'd never be able to play in the league because of it.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Porter's back was all ed up and there was a lot of worry he'd never be able to play in the league because of it.
    I still think you take that chance with what was only the 10th pick iirc. Your alternative is a guy like Bridges who’s good but a comparable player is easy to find. Imo finding all star level talent is largely a game of averages and you need to play the odds when you have the opportunity.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Also from the Suns perspective having a 7 footer and a 6’10” wing both athletic enough to play in a league where big men are less and less prevalent would be such a unique advantage.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    It was the biggest topic on social media for an entire day and it got a single thread in this forum. You've got to have some insane TDS to think that's as spammy as ducks, Derp, Qhris and your other pro-Trump cultists.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    You asked, TSAnon. Dont get pissy when you get an answer.

BTW, what's your next conspiracy going to be about? Looking forward for ST to dunk on you per par.
    I asked if you are able to iron your own clothes. You didn't answer. Don't get pissy and lie.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do you even bother talking to Derp? I just put him on ignore and never read his .

There's co-derpendence with a lot of posters here. You can't really ignore derp because so many of his enablers can't help themselves and you always, always have to read his dumb since he's always being quoted.

Guys like ef-man and Chump couldn't function if they didn't have derp here.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve literally never cooked rice on my life. If I want to eat a meal full of empty carbs, I’ll make pasta instead since that actually tastes good

The guy thinks I should eat rice every day like the Puerto Ricans. Maybe that’s why he’s so obsessed with rice? He thinks that’s some kind of insult and still brings that up all the time as if making rice is a must and a priority in life. TSAnon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Statistically he was good but he never seemed like he was comfortable in the last 5 minutes of a close playoff game. Never seemed like he “wanted it” the way great players do. Nash did but he was obv never the type who you could just clear out for who’d get his own shot.

In 2005 Amare’s stats were really good because Duncan was guarding him in a bum ankle (iirc). It was also pre micro fracture surgery. He definitely had productive seasons after that surgery but he was never as explosive as he was pre micro fracture.
    spurs also basically let amare get his. wanted the suns to just be a 2 man team, and not let their role players get involved. let amare and nash score a combined 70-80 but not give up tons of open 3 point shots. so amare/nash pick and roll without much weakside help... not even healthy duncan could defend that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    really like today's suns btw. CP0 has been wildly underrated for the last 2-3 years, and he's exactly what Booker/Ayton needed tbh. i'm pulling for a Suns/Sixers finals

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

i remember that draft happened a month or so before the kawhi trade happened, and when there was a rumor that the clippers were offering tobias + both their firsts, and michael porter was still on the board when the clippers were up, i was really hoping they'd pull something off right there and then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Denver takes them out.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    spurs also basically let amare get his. wanted the suns to just be a 2 man team, and not let their role players get involved. let amare and nash score a combined 70-80 but not give up tons of open 3 point shots. so amare/nash pick and roll without much weakside help... not even healthy duncan could defend that
    Yeah exactly. Letting him go off was part of their game plan, the goal was keeping Marion/Quentin Richardson/etc. from ever getting a rhythm going.

It's similar to what the Suns are doing with Jokic, only at least through one game Ayton has defended him incredibly well w/o any help defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    really like today's suns btw. CP0 has been wildly underrated for the last 2-3 years, and he's exactly what Booker/Ayton needed tbh. i'm pulling for a Suns/Sixers finals
    Yeah I'm rooting for them to ring this year. Don't see any way Philly makes the Finals with Embiid's torn meniscus though. He shouldn't even be playing right now. Even without Harden it's difficult to see Brooklyn losing to Atlanta in the ECF.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was the biggest topic on social media for an entire day
    So, Will came here running with the beta topic of the day.

K

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Correct. Post-2005 Amare was more of a jump shooter and opted for softer finishes at the rim instead of explosive high flying dunks that made him so popular from 2002-2005. Still was a good player from 2007-2009 with the Suns and an improved free throw shooter and defender from his early years. But his career pretty much fell off when he went to the Knicks.

Basically Amare and Blake Griffin had largely similar career arc's.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Correct. Post-2005 Amare was more of a jump shooter and opted for softer finishes at the rim instead of explosive high flying dunks that made him so popular from 2002-2005. Still was a good player from 2007-2009 with the Suns and an improved free throw shooter and defender from his early years. But his career pretty much fell off when he went to the Knicks.

Similar. But Griffin's run was shorter. It seems he was finished once CP0 left and as the game changed, or maybe he would've spanned closer to Amare's run.
    He was unfortunately at the peak of his powers in 2015 when the Spurs fell to the Clippers in 7; though, they never should've let that series get away from them.
    Fun fact about Griffin: The most points he scored in any season was his rookie season.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Similar. But Griffin's run was shorter. It seems he was finished once CP0 left and as the game changed, or maybe he would've spanned closer to Amare's run.
    He was unfortunately at the peak of his powers in 2015 when the Spurs fell to the Clippers in 7; though, they never should've let that series get away from them.
    Fun fact about Griffin: The most points he scored in any season was his rookie season.
    To be fair, Griffin learned to be a stretch PF/C and play a poor man's Horry role as a three point shooting stretch big off the bench and is acquiescent to the role. Amare never really learned to shoot threes and his lack of defense and one-dimensional offense (12-15 foot jumpers) quickly put him out of the league. Amare's career even post-knee was fine until he made the dumbest decision of his life, by leaving Nash to join the ing Knicks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wasn't Amare still awesome his first year in New York though? Then Melo came and took all his shots.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Wasn't Amare still awesome his first year in New York though? Then Melo came and took all his shots.
    He was but it was a lot more skill based than 2005 Amare was. If 2010 Amare had 2005 Amare’s athleticism he’d have been 1st team all NBA.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    You know this forum’s NBA section sucks if we’re talking about basketball in the political forum

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Srs question. I’m bored as at the moment so I figured I’d kill time on this site, but if the forum is still getting spammed by Derp I can go outside and watch paint dry instead.
    You could easily "ignore" him and his alts yet you decide to cry about it instead. Go figure...

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Srs question. I’m bored as at the moment so I figured I’d kill time on this site, but if the forum is still getting spammed by Derp I can go outside and watch paint dry instead.
    Dude's been bringing some pretty quality 'unintentional autistic' goods in the NBA Forum. The one that comes to mind was him replying (in a basketball thread) to a DMC quote about James Naismith. Derp being the derp he is somehow misread it as Joe Namath and went on some rant about football ball carrying And then he smugly doubled down as if it was a reasonable gaffe to make.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know this forum’s NBA section sucks if we’re talking about basketball in the political forum
    It's almost entirely gs/Slob alts.

Thread Information