Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1 Stephen Curry, PG Golden State Warriors $43,006,362 Play in then OUT
    2 Russell Westbrook, PG Washington Wizards $41,358,814 8th seed then 1st round out 4-1
    3 Chris Paul, PG Phoenix Suns $41,358,814 Still coatailing in 2nd Round.
    4 James Harden, SG Brooklyn Nets $41,254,920 Still in.
    5 John Wall, PG Houston Rockets $41,254,920 8th seed then 1st round out 4-1
    6 Kevin Durant, PF Brooklyn Nets $40,108,950 Still a massive got
    7 LeBron James, SF Los Angeles Lakers $39,219,565 7th seed out 4-2
    8 Paul George, SG LA Clippers $35,450,412 still in
    9 Klay Thompson, SG Golden State Warriors $35,361,360 Injured OUT
    10 Mike Conley, PG Utah Jazz $34,502,130 8th seed out 4-1

11 Jimmy Butler, SF Miami Heat $34,379,100 6th seed swept 1st round
    12 Kawhi Leonard, SF LA Clippers $34,379,100 still in
    13 Kemba Walker, PG Boston Celtics $34,379,100 7th seed out 1st round
    14 Tobias Harris, PF Philadelphia 76ers $34,358,850 still in
    15 Khris Middleton, SF Milwaukee Bucks $33,051,724 massive choke still in
    16 Anthony Davis, PF Los Angeles Lakers $32,742,000 7th seed out 4-2
    17 Kyrie Irving, PG Brooklyn Nets $31,742,000 still in. playing well.
    18 Damian Lillard, PG Portland Trail Blazers $31,626,953 6th seed out 4-2 1st round
    19 Kevin Love, PF Cleveland Cavaliers $31,258,256 OUT
    20 Pascal Siakam, PF Toronto Raptors $30,559,200 OUT

I bolded the 40s club and final one since I'm too lame to know how to line these up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Summary of Top 20

4 did not make the playoffs. (2 completely out Love / Siakim, 2 Play-In then OUT Curry / Klanus Thompsan)
    8 went out 1st Round. 9-32 is their record. 4 of those won 1 game. 2 were swept.

8 still in
    Last edited by MultiTroll; 06-09-2021 at 02:30 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same team overpaid.

3 are teams of the top 20 twins: Curry Thompson, Lebron Davis, Kawhi George.

1 is a set of triplet bois. Durbetta, Harden and Kyrie Irving.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree 6 is got and diva but sadly will likely win chip as Nets stacked as Irving alone damm good

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Agree 6 is got and diva but sadly will likely win chip as Nets stacked as Irving alone damm good
    "Hope, hope."

" Ritchie" - "True Romance"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With 5 teams left...

3 players remain.
    Nephew
    Paul George
    Chrissy Paul

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cool, now do the revenue the franchises made from these players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Summary:

Spurs 5 rings, 6 Finals visits in the past 21 or so years. Knicks, nothing much. Look at their revenues. Why do more people pay to see a losing team?

It's not about winning and losing. It's about marketability. The people on your list make a lot because they bring fans to the arenas and sell a lot of . The owners aren't paying for rings. They are paying for revenue. Fans are hoping for rings but all they need to keep buying season tickets is something to hope for. Making the playoffs with a big name player probably drives a lot of revenue that "blow it up" franchises won't see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Summary:

Spurs 5 rings, 6 Finals visits in the past 21 or so years. Knicks, nothing much. Look at their revenues. Why do more people pay to see a losing team?

It's not about winning and losing. It's about marketability. The people on your list make a lot because they bring fans to the arenas and sell a lot of . The owners aren't paying for rings. They are paying for revenue. Fans are hoping for rings but all they need to keep buying season tickets is something to hope for. Making the playoffs with a big name player probably drives a lot of revenue that "blow it up" franchises won't see.
    With the Knicks, I think it's not even marketability sometimes as much as sheer numbers. The New York Metropolitan area's population is over 20 million, and that includes NYC, parts of Jersey, Long Island, southern Connecticut... so that's-- in addition to NYC-- also entire cities like Hoboken, Jersey City, Newark, Stamford, Norwalk, and big areas like Hempstead, the Hamptons, the North Shore, upstate NY, etc., etc... They have about 10x the population of San Antonio, and that's not even counting the millions who've retired to Florida, Texas, Arizona, California, etc...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Summary:

Spurs 5 rings, 6 Finals visits
    tee, hee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the Knicks, I think it's not even marketability sometimes as much as sheer numbers. The New York Metropolitan area's population is over 20 million, and that includes NYC, parts of Jersey, Long Island, southern Connecticut... so that's-- in addition to NYC-- also entire cities like Hoboken, Jersey City, Newark, Stamford, Norwalk, and big areas like Hempstead, the Hamptons, the North Shore, upstate NY, etc., etc... They have about 10x the population of San Antonio, and that's not even counting the millions who've retired to Florida, Texas, Arizona, California, etc...
    That's the market though. It's a huge market, so the Knicks have TV agreements for billions. They don't even have to win a game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers 17 rings, 32 Finals visits.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lakers 17 rings, 32 Finals visits.
    But they never sold our , D.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But they never sold our , D.
    Twas a stealing of your .

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Twas a stealing of your .

(That) was the lowest point I've ever experienced as a Lakers fan. I thought we were done, that there was no way we could recover and make it up. It was Magic who saved us from the scrap heap. A very pivotal point in the franchise right there. Toss the towel and settle, or, grab the old "jacks and timbers and start back down"? He took us on a 100-game grailed quest that ended in Boston 9 June 1985. He became proficient at the mid range jumper instead of hiding from it, that was a key.

Magic was also cognizant enough to realize that Worthy & Jabbar and the others were not strong enough to rise from the grave after '84. Boston knew it too, that's why they tried so hard to "end" Magic in '84, make him, compel him to submit as West had submitted to their aura and power in the past, that had made him afraid of the dark. Boston knew the threat that Magic presented and tried so hard to end that threat as early as possible before said threat became unmanageable. Auerbach:::"Stop him now, or, we'll regret it the rest of our lives. Right- ing-now."

Magic was determined not to go down that same tired, heartbreaking path; grabbed Kareem, Worthy, the entire team by-the-hand, took out the crop that he'd been wise enough to arm himself with and beat them mercilessly to the end with it, changing them from NBA Champions to mythical figures and even enabling West to take some measure of salvation even though he was no longer a player...to calm the shakes, still the rampaging heart of bitter losses to Boston he'll take to the grave.

Am I right, Mult? Goddamn rights I am.

Magic Johnson

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    (That) was the lowest point I've ever experienced as a Lakers fan. I thought we were done, that there was no way we could recover and make it up. It was Magic who saved us from the scrap heap. A very pivotal point in the franchise right there. Toss the towel and settle, or, grab the old "jacks and timbers and start back down"? He took us on a 100-game grailed quest that ended in Boston 9 June 1985. He became proficient at the mid range jumper instead of hiding from it, that was a key.

Magic was also cognizant enough to realize that Worthy & Jabbar and the others were not strong enough to rise from the grave after '84. Boston knew it too, that's why they tried so hard to "end" Magic in '84, make him, compel him to submit as West had submitted to their aura and power in the past, that had made him afraid of the dark. Boston knew the threat that Magic presented and tried so hard to end that threat as early as possible before said threat became unmanageable. Auerbach:::"Stop him now, or, we'll regret it the rest of our lives. Right- ing-now."

Magic was determined not to go down that same tired, heartbreaking path; grabbed Kareem, Worthy, the entire team by-the-hand, took out the crop that he'd been wise enough to arm himself with and beat them mercilessly to the end with it, changing them from NBA Champions to mythical figures and even enabling West to take some measure of salvation even though he was no longer a player...to calm the shakes, still the rampaging heart of bitter losses to Boston he'll take to the grave.

Magic Johnson

How'd you end up rooting for Lakers anyways, Cub? I figured you were an Arizona native

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    How'd you end up rooting for Lakers anyways, Cub? I figured you were an Arizona native
    No, I was born in Cleveland and brought up there. I was watching a telecast of a random Lakers game one time and saw who I now know as Van Breda Koff mistreat Chamberlain, had benched him and was deriding him while he sat on the bench. Something clicked and lodged---that was it.

We didn't move to Arizona till Xmas, '86.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No, I was born in Cleveland and brought up there. I was watching a telecast of a random Lakers game one time and saw who I now know as Van Breda Koff mistreat Chamberlain, had benched him and was deriding him while he sat on the bench. Something clicked and lodged---that was it.

We didn't move to Arizona till Xmas, '86.
    Gotya

Since you softened up maybe you should make amends with the Suns fans you terrorized for decades

didn't you send them gore pics on their forums back in the day?

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotya

Since you softened up maybe you should make amends with the Suns fans you terrorized for decades

The Amare Stoudemire suspension was horse though. Most likely the Suns ring in '07 otherwise. They were the better team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Magic Johnson
    Stern made sure bias is dead and tarpley and the entire rockets backcourt are suspended.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Gotya

GD, do you guys forget anything?

I asked (ill) to approach the owner of their phxsuns.net site (Mori) about me getting a temporary sign in privilege where I'd make a proper and humbled congratulations should they make NBA World Champions. They're a fine bunch and I want them to experience an NBA World Championship this season. They, the entire Suns faithful need it desperately. Not the local Media, not them rats and vultures, but the fellows at .net and at the KTAR Boards and all Arizonans who have waited and been denied for half-a-century.

I never asked/prayed for an NBA le for the Lakers that I didn't receive. When I needed it---I received it, my prayers were answered. We've been very fortunate, Mitch. We have been blessed. I want that for the Sun's faithful to now be blessed with their NBA World Championship.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Stern made sure bias is dead and tarpley and the entire rockets backcourt are suspended.
    amb, with the astute point of entry. Yep, the specter of Tarpley was going to be an ongoing problem. And that beast for the Rockets/Lewis Lloyd was having none of Magic's skins, grins, and glad-handing. Just looked spears thru Magic when he'at put on his act. "Uh, oh." - me in the circa. The mid-'80's Jazz were a bit similar (the big white guard, name escapes me "Bobby something or other), but they/he didn't have the criminal intent that the Lloyd was drenched in. Sweet Jesus, he was a rough customer. It was a sobering realization of the long term view with him loitering the playoff landscape. I was extremely grateful when he was sent out the door...and he went quietly too. Like a gd miracle, amb.

That Leon Powe for the Celtics in '08 was kinda like that. Scared Kobe right out of that '08 playoff series. Him and that Perkins were akin to the two black dudes that "Marsellus Wallace" was going to put on that guy who porked his rump -Pulp Fiction- they was gonna come over with a pair of pliers and a blow torch.

Thanks for the prompt, amb. Always good going back in the stacks of memories.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    GD, do you guys forget anything?

I asked (ill) to approach the owner of their phxsuns.net site (Mori) about me getting a temporary sign in privilege where I'd make a proper and humbled congratulations should they make NBA World Champions. They're a fine bunch and I want them to experience an NBA World Championship this season. They, the entire Suns faithful need it desperately. Not the local Media, not them rats and vultures, but the fellows at .net and at the KTAR Boards and all Arizonans who have waited and been denied for half-a-century.

I never asked/prayed for an NBA le for the Lakers that I didn't receive. When I needed it---I received it, my prayers were answered. We've been very fortunate, Mitch. We have been blessed. I want that for the Sun's faithful to now be blessed with their NBA World Championship.
    just messing, cub. You had a respectable run as Sun's #1 menace to society

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Always good going back in the stacks of memories.
    You'd a been lookin at the same thing in 87 and 88.

Thread Information