My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    mention something to be optimistic about.

i'll start: spurs aren't paying anyone over $16 million next season, it's good they aren't weighted down by a wall / porzingis contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Average age of the team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

i'll start: spurs aren't paying anyone over $16 million next season, it's good they aren't weighted down by a wall / porzingis contract.
    People like about Spurs contracts here, but the team is well run in general. , timvp was sobbing about Poeltl's contract when he signed it not long ago and it's proven to be a good one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We were a dynasty at one point and had the great Timothy Duncan.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We were a dynasty at one point and had the great Timothy Duncan.
    I never took it for granted when the Spurs had Duncan and the championship runs. I took it all in when it happened so I'm set for life as a fan. The only downside of this is that there is no emotional investment when I watch these games. Spurs could lose by 30 and I would still be good. I can imagine right now fans of the Suns,Jazz,Clippers,Nuggets will be stressing out over the next few weeks over losses since none of their teams have a won le. I will never have that experience again as a Spurs fan even if this team becomes a contender again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Salary cap situation is good, lots of young players, own all future draft picks, very good scouting department...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJs knee another off season removed from injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have 5 championships. Only 4 other NBA franchises have more. And our last one was still within a decade so it wasn't like they all happened back in the 60's.

LAKERS - 17
    CELTICS - 17
    BULLS - 6
    WARRIORS - 6

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They also have all their picks moving forward and have drafted good role players.

If they aren’t good enough to win, an unwilling and reticent tank will follow. Maybe they get lucky in the lottery and draft a franchise guy in years to come. The future may not look bright right now, but that can change in one year if they draft the right guy… one can hope.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The culture, though much maligned and mocked on ST, is amazing. It has led to some great chemistry and obvious camaraderie among the troops here.
    So many rebuilding franchises lack this and are at cross purposes internally. There is great unity and a strong family system in place here.
    Even a mild mannered complainer like Trey Lyles seems to be, is not a good fit. It's a potent intangible for the Spurs from top to bottom.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Former Spur Sean Marks will win a ring

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not being in the playoffs gives me more time to play my PS5

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They almost made the playoffs with old rudy gay, past his time demar derozan, and drew Eubanks playing backup minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No Aldridge, Lyles. The jury is out on Demar, Rudy and Patty. But maybe 1 vet coming back, I hope no more. That means a real step forward to youth movement this coming season. I look forward to Lonnie, Luka and Keldon beasting it. Keldon has a chip on his shoulder as option 2-3 of the team and I’m sure he’s working hard to add to his offense. Devin hit the rookie wall there, but he’s so polished and poised, I expect him to get bulkier and finish more in the rim than just catch and shoot. I also like him to be a defensive catalyst to hang his hat on. Tre Jones was a great steal at 41st, but now he needs to shoot those mid-range and occasional 3’s. He has deceptive athleticism, and shown burst of speed and even dunks. He reminds me of CoJo with that dunk, but hopefully better overall player. He was mentioned to be better than his brother, so that is promising. I’m hoping they can resign Dieng back. He’s a good guy and a team player, needless to say can shoot the 3 and has better motor. He can pass and has good bball iq, which is great having that big on ball movement. If we can nab Wagner or Giddey, that’s another good players who can facilitate. And who knows which FA will be signing with the available salary. Bottomline, the future is bright, despite the pessimism of some.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the coyote still a boss

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No Aldridge, Lyles. The jury is out on Demar, Rudy and Patty. But maybe 1 vet coming back, I hope no more. That means a real step forward to youth movement this coming season. I look forward to Lonnie, Luka and Keldon beasting it. Keldon has a chip on his shoulder as option 2-3 of the team and I’m sure he’s working hard to add to his offense. Devin hit the rookie wall there, but he’s so polished and poised, I expect him to get bulkier and finish more in the rim than just catch and shoot. I also like him to be a defensive catalyst to hang his hat on. Tre Jones was a great steal at 41st, but now he needs to shoot those mid-range and occasional 3’s. He has deceptive athleticism, and shown burst of speed and even dunks. He reminds me of CoJo with that dunk, but hopefully better overall player. He was mentioned to be better than his brother, so that is promising. I’m hoping they can resign Dieng back. He’s a good guy and a team player, needless to say can shoot the 3 and has better motor. He can pass and has good bball iq, which is great having that big on ball movement. If we can nab Wagner or Giddey, that’s another good players who can facilitate. And who knows which FA will be signing with the available salary. Bottomline, the future is bright, despite the pessimism of some.
    We don't need 3 and 4 aging veterans on the team getting major minutes. What the is the point of drafting young guys if they are gonna continue to ride the bench behind old vets? Phoenix built thru the draft and added and aging vet in Chris Paul, but the offense still flows thru the young guys, as Paul sets them up. Poodle, Gay, Defrozen, Mills all must go this summer, but I know that's not gonna happen. A guy like Larry Brown hated playing young guys. That's why we didn't get gold in 2004. That olympics is strictly on him relying on Jefferson and others over the likes of Lebron and Melo. On paper, that was a great team, but Larry Brown, like Popovich, has to show everyone that he's in charge..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...I haven't felt the urge to throw anything through my TV during the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is still coaching��

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we do draft a franchise player soon... all of the surrounding role players will be in their prime at the beginning of his career and hopefully extend his career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team will look different next year, allowing for a hopeful start to the season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a surprisingly active community of Spurs trolls to keep us entertained until the team is good enough to do that on its own. Thanks for everything, SpursTalk.

Now seriously. I think the biggest brightside (one that, hilariously, the very OP of this thread continually has missed) is that the Spurs are a top notch organization in the NBA. Y'all know the Macho Man classic saying, "the cream always rises to the top", right? No matter how dire the present state of the team might get, even if it gets so bad that a hard tank has to ensue, I can rest easy knowing there's a level of corporate wisdom, good drafting and scouting, and overall sense of direction keeping the Spurs afloat. So many other franchises go from mediocrity, to blowing it up and tanking, back to mediocrity and back again (Orlando is a great example, now they're at the blowup stage again it seems)... I know the Spurs are most unlikely to go through that cycle, and it's practically only a matter of time until they find the next building block to turn the franchise around.

If your only knowledge of the Spurs came through this forum, you'd think they're Kings level of incompetence and haven't won a le in thirty years, let alone less than 10 years ago. So that's my brightside, the (partly irrational, I'll admit) certainty that we'll eventually go back to contending just like we've always done. I think most folks here really over rate the amount of years we'll go without making the playoffs again, tbh. A poll on that would be interesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This off-season, the Spurs are facing what they haven't experienced in the last 33 years, that of having no franchise player signed. Give Demar his credit, his style of play could be antiquated to "modern basketball," but he is an efficient scorer and once an All NBA. Same thing with Aldridge who at his prime could dominate anybody on the paint. 33 years!!! from DRob, to Timmy, to Kawhi, Aldridge and Demar. It wasn't what the PATFO had planned, no thanks to nephew single-handedly derailed this organization's future. And PATFO have been patching up with what players we are left after the storm. But it is what it is. This is an uncharted territory for many fans. Heck it's a lifetime for many. I've expressed my optimism with our young core, but it could be a bumpy road ahead . Cheers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never took it for granted when the Spurs had Duncan and the championship runs. I took it all in when it happened so I'm set for life as a fan. The only downside of this is that there is no emotional investment when I watch these games. Spurs could lose by 30 and I would still be good. I can imagine right now fans of the Suns,Jazz,Clippers,Nuggets will be stressing out over the next few weeks over losses since none of their teams have a won le. I will never have that experience again as a Spurs fan even if this team becomes a contender again.
    All of this. I feel the same.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at one point during our run, we were the only major sports franchise to have a winning record over every other franchise in that league. We had the 4th most les. We had the 2nd best all-time winning %. We had only missed the playoffs 4 times, sub .500 6 times, and .500 or worse 8 times. We set a standard of winning, so many consecutive 50 win seasons and consecutive trips to the playoffs.

for a broke ass, podunk ABA franchise, we are one of the elites in the history of the NBA. BTW, we are still the only ABA franchise to win a NBA le, and we have 5. The Nets are 0-2, Pacers 0-1, Nuggets 0-0.

while I have had a hard time watching the games, and sports in general in recent years, mainly cause of the social justice bull ......The young guys have been entertaining. They have given me a ray of hope. Please do not bring back DDR, Gay, or Mills. I love Mills, great guy, teammate, and philanthropist, but his time in SA is over, unless to be an Asst. Coach. DDR can go back to Toronto for all I care. Gay was a decent signing, but his body is shutting down.

2021-22 The Year of the Youth Movement

GO SPURS GO

Thread Information