Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know much about this Turk but the Spurs drafting a big? I definitely won’t complain about that bro. I like that. He fills a need and I’ll trust y’all if he’s got a high ceiling. I was just thinking about salary.

I see. Oubre Jr. currently would easily be worth more than a Zaire Williams then. Most rookies need at least 2-3 years of experience to be effective winners in the league otherwise they are "still developing". Paying Oubre, Jr. for what his peak years will be is different situation. How much he is worth is up in the air but I can see him being worth $20M/yr in today's NBA though. If his character is there he is an ideal small ball 4 that could be attainable by the Spurs. Not sure of his character but since they have a good relationship with GS they can probably get good feedback on whether to make an offer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Height? 6-foot-6 ¾
    Wingspan? 7-foot-2 ¼
    Position? Wing

Sign me up.

Of course the height and wingspan doesn't make a player good but it doesn't hurt either. I wouldn't be sad if we signed him at the right price. Its not like we're doing much better now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Despite his impressive length, he lacks the strength to defend big wings, which renders him more of a 2.5 than 3.5. He'd be redundant positionally, skill set and basketball IQ wise.

If we presume Murray, White, Johnson, Vassell are entrenched in the 1-3 rotation, other than an offensive focal point, they need a creator who can shoot and a volume/movement shooter to round them out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would love a S&T with Cha DDR for Rozier but why would CHA do that right????

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idk Jordan has proven to be kind of re ed when it comes to evaluating talent, aside from Ball. He might think Costco Kobe is worth something because he plays like a 90s player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it would depend on the numbers. If we're not resigning Demar, Mills or Gay, he could help round out the roster. We need height, and we need shooters. He averaged almost 19 PPG with 35% from three in '19-'20, and he's only 25, so there's definitely worse out there.

It all depends on what his demands are and who we're bringing back.

He shot 31.6 from 3 last yrear, and that’s working off Stephs’ gravity. You say we need size and shooting? Harrison Barnes is bigger, and shot 38% from 3 last year. That 38% is like his 5th best season. He’s shot 40% twice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rozier for DDR would be terrible for Spurs.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sometimes beggars can’t be choosers and he may very well be one of the better FAs in a thin FA class.

no, no he’s not

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He shot 31.6 from 3 last yrear, and that’s working off Stephs’ gravity. You say we need size and shooting? Harrison Barnes is bigger, and shot 38% from 3 last year. That 38% is like his 5th best season. He’s shot 40% twice.
    Look, we get it. You think Harrison Barnes would be a much better bet. Ok. What are you proposing to trade the Kings for him? He's not an FA, he's under contract for 2 more years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is hilarious. SpursTalk never fails with the completely idiotic evaluations of ty players.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is hilarious. SpursTalk never fails with the completely idiotic evaluations of ty players.
    Also SpursTalk--Just draft Tim Duncan and David Robinson again, and also hit on hall of fame international players at 28 and 57. No use signing any flawed but talented young players with the cap space.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sacramento will want at least a first round pick for Barnes, like they did at the trade deadline. Don't think the Spurs are in a position to trade future firsts, however protected, for someone who's not a difference maker. He's a good player but would be a more valuable piece for a contender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look, we get it. You think Harrison Barnes would be a much better bet. Ok. What are you proposing to trade the Kings for him? He's not an FA, he's under contract for 2 more years.
    Good question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’ve been trying to offload him since the deadline. They’ve already paid Hield, Fox’s extension kicks in this year, and they have several more youngsters lined up. Their payroll is going to be in a crunch, and sooner than later. Posters are always saying that we have too many guards. DeAaron and Lonnie are boys. Make it happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’ve been trying to offload him since the deadline. They’ve already paid Hield, Fox’s extension kicks in this year, and they have several more youngsters lined up. Their payroll is going to be in a crunch, and sooner than later. Posters are always saying that we have too many guards. DeAaron and Lonnie are boys. Make it happen.
    Lonnie for Barnes is not going to happen without a pick attached. I dont think the Spurs would do that. The one thing they have done well is keep their picks and draft best available… (the gamble on Samanic notwithstanding, it happened the one year they had two first round draft picks). You know Lonnie for Barnes isn’t enough. Maybe if he has a kind of “breakout” year, and in that case, Spurs should keep him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie for Barnes is not going to happen without a pick attached. I dont think the Spurs would do that. The one thing they have done well is keep their picks and draft best available… (the gamble on Samanic notwithstanding, it happened the one year they had two first round draft picks). You know Lonnie for Barnes isn’t enough. Maybe if he has a kind of “breakout” year, and in that case, Spurs should keep him.
    Lonnie’s making ~$4M next year. Barnes is making $20M. We’re not giving them any kind of decent pick to help them clear their cap with a two year rental player, and Lonnie, in spite of his shortcomings, is way more of a sure thing as an NBA player than any mid to late first rounder, esp. with Sacto scouting and making the pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie’s making ~$4M next year. Barnes is making $20M. We’re not giving them any kind of decent pick to help them clear their cap with a two year rental player, and Lonnie, in spite of his shortcomings, is way more of a sure thing as an NBA player than any mid to late first rounder, esp. with Sacto scouting and making the pick.
    They can do better IMO, he’s been one of their best players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They can do better IMO, he’s been one of their best players.
    The better player WILL COST MORE. They are trying to CUT SALARY.

No one is trading them a top 10 pick, past or future, for a two year rental of a 29 YO player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy is definitely not over himself. I could see the Spurs kicking the tires and Pop asking Steve Kerr about him. I can’t see him playing here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The better player WILL COST MORE. They are trying to CUT SALARY.

No one is trading them a top 10 pick, past or future, for a two year rental of a 29 YO player.
    They will want something better back than Lonnie, otherwise something like this would have already happened and you know it tbh. This isn’t a bad contract or garbage player. Maybe their insistence on a pick is what has prevented a trade from happening but that still doesn’t prove your trade is realistic.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

why the would the Spurs do that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why the would the Spurs do that?
    It would have to be something like Murray/DDR/Vassell for Rozier/Hayward/2021 1st Rd. But both teams won’t want to give up that much and both over value their players

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They will want something better back than Lonnie, otherwise something like this would have already happened and you know it tbh. This isn’t a bad contract or garbage player. Maybe their insistence on a pick is what has prevented a trade from happening but that still doesn’t prove your trade is realistic.
    They kinda have boxed themselves into a corner where they are going to have to TAKE a small asset for Barnes or GIVE a larger asset to move Hield.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They kinda have boxed themselves into a corner where they are going to have to TAKE a small asset for Barnes or GIVE a larger asset to move Hield.
    But why? Their cap situation is alright. They can comfortably re-sign Holmes and use the MLE while staying under the lux tax. Trading someone for a better fit is clearly needed for them to improve but they’re definitely not doing that for a TE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But why? Their cap situation is alright. They can comfortably re-sign Holmes and use the MLE while staying under the lux tax. Trading someone for a better fit is clearly needed for them to improve but they’re definitely not doing that for a TE.
    Spur fan is just grasping at straws with scenarios that will never happen

Thread Information