Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    That is the most midget wall of all-time.

Laughing about height in futbol, that's a strange move, tbh.

Anyways, Hincapie 6'0", Preciado 6'0", Galindez 6'2", Estrada 6'2", Arboleda 6'2", Campana 6'3". Ecuador must be one of the tallest teams, in average, out there.

Not like it matters much in futbol.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Imagine a southamerican side scoring an own goal like the one Spain scored on themselves.

but, but, but it's good futbol!

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Do you really think a team like, let's say, Denmark, who is on the semis, or Switzerland, who were a penalty shootout away, would go to Copa America and start beating everybody? Nah, they most likely would get beat in quarters, maybe semis like they did in the Euros.

Do you think Italy, Spain or England are far and away better sides than Argentina and Brazil? Of course not. Then, where's this monumental difference you speak of?
    Denmark still the same emotionally charged side? Then definitely yes.

As for Switzerland, they knocked out the defending World Cup champions and had a sh** red card take away a great chance at knocking out a Spanish side that's as good as any in COLEMBOL.

Basically, any team in the round of 16 at Euros is Top 35 in the world. You can be well below top 60 and be in the quarterfinals of Copa. So, yes that's very noticeable.

Peru wouldn't have likely qualified. Colombia would've quite possibly been knocked out in the group stage.
    Brazil and Argentina would've both likely made the knockout round; and likely one or both would be knocked out by the semis.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Laughing about height in futbol, that's a strange move, tbh.

Anyways, Hincapie 6'0", Preciado 6'0", Galindez 6'2", Estrada 6'2", Arboleda 6'2", Campana 6'3". Ecuador must be one of the tallest teams, in average, out there.

Not like it matters much in futbol.
    You can have great small players. Landon Donovan, Lionel Messi, etc. are proof of that.
    But too many small defenders in the box is a great detriment.
    The South and Central American teams are always conceding more goals on ck's b/c of it in the WC.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Peru is basically the same as Russia, whom the Danes smashed 4-1.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Denmark still the same emotionally charged side? Then definitely yes.

As for Switzerland, they knocked out the defending World Cup champions and had a sh** red card take away a great chance at knocking out a Spanish side that's as good as any in COLEMBOL.

Basically, any team in the round of 16 at Euros is Top 35 in the world. You can be well below top 60 and be in the quarterfinals of Copa. So, yes that's very noticeable.

Peru wouldn't have likely qualified. Colombia would've quite possibly been knocked out in the group stage.
    Brazil and Argentina would've both likely made the knockout round; and likely one or both would be knocked out by the semis.

Tell me what below 60 team made it to the quarters of Copa America? Not one. I don't think there's even one below 60 team in the entire Conmebol confederation. CONMEBOL qualifies 90% of their teams to the second stage in the WCs, that's the top 16.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    You can have great small players. Landon Donovan, Lionel Messi, etc. are proof of that.
    But too many small defenders in the box is a great detriment.
    The South and Central American teams are always conceding more goals on ck's b/c of it in the WC.
    Dude, I already told you the heights of the Ecuatorians. Go compare them to the heights of your bandwagon team, England.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Tell me what below 60 team made it to the quarters of Copa America? Not one. I don't think there's even one below 60 team in the entire Conmebol confederation. CONMEBOL qualifies 90% of their teams to the second stage in the WCs, that's the top 16.
    I'm not talking FIFA's sh** rankings. I'm talking realistic rankings.

Peru #27 might very well lose to North Macedonia #62, tbh.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Dude, I already told you the heights of the Ecuatorians. Go compare them to the heights of your bandwagon team, England.
    The official heights are BS if that's what that was supposed to be.
    The number of players under 5'10" on the field is very noticeable.

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    It was good Brazil and Peru played since there was nothing else on. It was boring like all those other Copa games. It ended before the Stanley Cup which is good timing

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    It was good Brazil and Peru played since there was nothing else on. It was boring like all those other Copa games. It ended before the Stanley Cup which is good timing
    My cable on the fritz or I'd be watching it. F; it's OT too.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Peru are a team that are almost good, but they're not.
    They're a fine example of a team that wouldn't make a quarterfinal in the Euros, let alone a semifinal.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    If USA loses to Argentina the next time we play them, we officially suck.
    We officially suck now as it is. Beating Mexico not enough. We have to control the run of play against that weak team.
    U.S.A. beating Mexico in one final over the last 14 years hardly qualifies as U.S. Soccer having taken over the reigns... CONCACAF still runs through Mexico.

As for your continual attempt to downplay the quality of CONMEBOL, most of their teams consistently move into the round of 16 World Cup after World Cup... they have proven themselves to be a handful... and when they do lose (other than the 7-1 s acking between Brazil and Germany) CONMEBOL teams are a hard out.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    I'm not talking FIFA's sh** rankings. I'm talking realistic rankings.

Peru #27 might very well lose to North Macedonia #62, tbh.
    So, basically, what you are telling me is " objectivity, I will say whatever the I want, no matter how re ed it is"? Very consrructive way of arguing son.

If that'z the path you are going to take there's no reason to keep debating. I will keep providing logic and examples based on real life experiences and you're just going to keep inventing whatever you want.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    The official heights are BS if that's what that was supposed to be.
    The number of players under 5'10" on the field is very noticeable.
    Once again going with the " facts, I'm just gonna keep inventing " tactic, I see.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Once again going with the " facts, I'm just gonna keep inventing " tactic, I see.
    You see that wall? Trust your eyeballs, bro.
    It was very noticeable all game.
    That you don't understand that teams lie about heights.
    Muh "Facts"

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    So, basically, what you are telling me is " objectivity, I will say whatever the I want, no matter how re ed it is"? Very consrructive way of arguing son.

If that'z the path you are going to take there's no reason to keep debating. I will keep providing logic and examples based on real life experiences and you're just going to keep inventing whatever you want.
    The rankings aren't objective, nor are you for that matter (what you're trying to imply). Everyone has been 'ing at FIFA rankings for years.

Even if I gave you that Peru would beat North Macedonia (and it would probably come down to the last twenty minutes), most the teams 40-50 would beat Peru, tbqh.

Also at "logic and examples based on real life experiences"

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    U.S.A. beating Mexico in one final over the last 14 years hardly qualifies as U.S. Soccer having taken over the reigns... CONCACAF still runs through Mexico.
    I made it clear that USA won against the run of play. And I stated that I don't consider that they are where they need to be if they're not controlling the match against your un-sensational Mexicans.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    As for your continual attempt to downplay the quality of CONMEBOL, most of their teams consistently move into the round of 16 World Cup after World Cup... they have proven themselves to be a handful... and when they do lose (other than the 7-1 s acking between Brazil and Germany) CONMEBOL teams are a hard out.
    I don't downplay CONMEBOL. They are a distant second in terms of federations. I'm ranking them exactly where they are.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    You see that wall? Trust your eyeballs, bro.
    It was very noticeable all game.
    That you don't understand that teams lie about heights.
    Muh "Facts"
    Yeah I watched the entire game. Ecuatorians were tall as . I don't know what the you saw, tbh.

How old are you son? Maybe it's time for an eye check?

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    I don't downplay CONMEBOL. They are a distant second in terms of federations. I'm ranking them exactly where they are.
    Sure, then 4 out of 5 CONMEBOL make it to the final 16 in the World Cup eliminating UEFA teams in the process but you will still trust your "eye test" and say that those CONMEBOL teams aren't top 60 and worse than Macedonia.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    U.S.A. beating Mexico in one final over the last 14 years hardly qualifies as U.S. Soccer having taken over the reigns.
    Also at this disingenuous argument. USA won two of the last four Gold Cups, four of the last eight, five of the last ten. Mexico has the exact same numbers in that time.
    If you want to claim tiebreaker based on head to head in finals, then fine. But Mexico sh**ing their pants and not making as many finals is not proof of dominance.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    A top 16 team like Poland showing a non-top 60 team like Colombia just how inferior they are to teams like Macedonia and other European powerhouses:

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Sure, then 4 out of 5 CONMEBOL make it to the final 16 in the World Cup eliminating UEFA teams in the process but you will still trust your "eye test" and say that those CONMEBOL teams aren't top 60 and worse than Macedonia.
    Peru performed above the mean. Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay are the top heavy teams that can compete with anyone. But the federation as a whole is far behind UEFA.
    I give them credit. For their limited numbers, they overachieve. At some point, other federations could pass them. But it probably won't be before gentrification hits Africa / Asia more fully. And CONCACAF will have a chance if MLS ever gets their sh** together; but that doesn't seem to be on the horizon; though it is greatly improving the quality of the Central Americans.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Yeah I watched the entire game. Ecuatorians were tall as . I don't know what the you saw, tbh.

How old are you son? Maybe it's time for an eye check?

Thread Information