6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giannis / Middleton scored 79.1 of their team's points in a playoff game. The previous record was held by Duncan and Daniels. I didn't catch the game / percent; but that sounds vaguely familiar, so I'm pretty sure I watched it back in the day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder how many NBA records Antonio Daniels holds? Tim probably would never know he even held this mark, but Antonio is probably sobbing this morning.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giannis / Middleton scored 79.1 of their team's points in a playoff game. The previous record was held by Duncan and Daniels. I didn't catch the game / percent; but that sounds vaguely familiar, so I'm pretty sure I watched it back in the day.
    You probably did and many other Spur fans who are 30 plus in age saw that game. It was game 2 vs the Lakers in '01. Spurs lost the game 88-81. Duncan had 40 points and Daniels had 24 in that game. The rest of the team only had 17 points.
    https://www.basketball-reference.com...105210SAS.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder how many NBA records Antonio Daniels holds? Tim probably would never know he even held this mark, but Antonio is probably sobbing this morning.
    I think Duncan wouldn't want to even reflect on that record. It came at the loss of the Lakers in game 2 in '01. I think that series was Duncan's most painful playoff experience.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The can have it… losing to the Lakers is not a fun memory, woof

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You probably did and many other Spur fans who are 30 plus in age saw that game. It was game 2 vs the Lakers in '01. Spurs lost the game 88-81. Duncan had 40 points and Daniels had 24 in that game. The rest of the team only had 17 points.
    that series was one of the more deflating things I watched post 98 till now. Games 3 and 4 being completely uncompe ive… just, yeah.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that series was one of the more deflating things I watched post 98 till now. Games 3 and 4 being completely uncompe ive… just, yeah.
    The Derek Anderson injury before the series started changed the complexion of the match up. I still believe if the Spurs had DA at the start of the series it would have gone 6 or 7 games. Spurs win game 2 for sure with both AD and DA in the backcourt.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Derek Anderson injury before the series started changed the complexion of the match up. I still believe if the Spurs had DA at the start of the series it would have gone 6 or 7 games. Spurs win game 2 for sure with both AD and DA in the backcourt.
    meh, Anderson was almost a complete no show for that Minnesota series, I’ve never been convinced he would’ve made a difference personally.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    meh, Anderson was almost a complete no show for that Minnesota series, I’ve never been convinced he would’ve made a difference personally.
    In game 2 I can say he would have between Duncan and AD there was nobody else that could create their own offense He also looked good in game 1 of the Mavs series up until Juwon Howard rock bottomed him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Juwan Howard. Anderson's career was never the same after he got clotheslined by Howard.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Juwan Howard. Anderson's career was never the same after he got clotheslined by Howard.
    Agreed it was one of the dirtiest plays ever. If it happened today in a playoff game Juwon would have gotten suspended. I thought it was pathetic how the league didn't even bother to suspend him.

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there a game without breaking record these days?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there a game without breaking record these days?
    It reminds me of that one swimming at the Olympics when everyone had those swim suits. Records were getting smashed. They had to change the rules to get rid of them.

The game now protects the offender too much. It'll get worse before it gets better. Most teams play far too similarly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always find it interesting to look back on this series
    Us fans saw the palindrome backcourt as the future -AD/DA
    2 years later the Spurs win the le with neither on the team and a backcourt featuring a. Point guard from France and an off guard from Argentina

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It reminds me of that one swimming at the Olympics when everyone had those swim suits. Records were getting smashed. They had to change the rules to get rid of them.

The game now protects the offender too much. It'll get worse before it gets better. Most teams play far too similarly.
    Also thing is they do find any stat so that the record can be beat. So many combos of stats these days ...

btw. Human biology did not changed much and in sports the progress in accomplishments or the records were made by the technological progress.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    D. Anderson sucks at math. He thought 6 years 48 mil (8 mil per) was (so much) better than 4 years 28 mil (7 mil per).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    D. Anderson sucks at math. He thought 6 years 48 mil (8 mil per) was (so much) better than 4 years 28 mil (7 mil per).
    That extra $20MM was probably worth it to him, though, because his career went off a cliff.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That extra $20MM was probably worth it to him, though, because his career went off a cliff.
    I always felt that Derek's career would've been better had he stayed in San Antonio. The big "what if" would've been if Derek had remained a Spur, would Ginobili have been brought over from Italy in 2002-2003? Or would Ginobili have even been given a chance (especially because of the major injury he sustained during the 2002 FIBA World Championship tournament). IN my mind, Ginobili largely carved out that role for himself by sheer impact - his contributions were undeniable positives that he literally forced Pop's hand into giving him a more important role (even if it was from the bench)...

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All I know is that Zaza Pachulia and Juwan Howard will forever be hated in San Antonio...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim had 40 and 15 with 4 blocks and 3 assists...and he played all 48 minutes

Thread Information