My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is it because she is a woman ?
    it's because you like her ducks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol I don't buy that Q ... Too boring for me.
    lol boring? or insane? too bad half you trumpers do buy it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact that Becky is interviewing for HC jobs tells me pop either isn’t retiring or if he does she isn’t getting the job

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact that Becky is interviewing for HC jobs tells me pop either isn’t retiring or if he does she isn’t getting the job
    nah like any good boss with employees’ interests at heart, pop probably encourages her to keep her eyes open and check out opportunities as they arise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nah like any good boss with employees’ interests at heart, pop probably encourages her to keep her eyes open and check out opportunities as they arise.
    That’s what he’s always done with assistants.

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, I really want her to coach the Spurs. I guarantee you, this chic has IT. She'll win a championship as a coach eventually.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Her agent is likely doing their job to get her interviews. It could be to simply gain negotiating leverage. Pretty standard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how dare you post a reasonable post?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i guarantee you pop knows San Antonio aint and would tell staff to coach in toronto or portland if they could.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how dare you post a reasonable post?
    my bad! i mean .. uh ... becky probably trying to find a place to run off with tony because we all know he as a man is still her daddy and patfo is too stupid and woke to let her be who she was born to be -- a housewife

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bye Becky.

Lol, not a chance. There is an abundance of better and in some cases more experienced candidates out there.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Good riddance. She's a spineless yes man that was lead assistant on the worst Spurs team in 25 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good riddance. She's a spineless yes man that was lead assistant on the worst Spurs team in 25 years.
    As the first female coach in the NBA, I don't know, perhaps there were certain pressures on her? Not to mention, no way she was going to push back against the higher ups and get fired. That's crazy. She doesn't have the connections in the league to survive something like that to her career. Also, maybe she thought she was learning from the best coach of all time? Granted, he's fallen off a cliff, but she's trying to have a long career in coaching it seems, and Pop has been the kingmaker for getting people jobs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So yeah, Becky is probably my first choice to take over. But one thing to consider is not just who will be the HC, but the absolute dearth of talent we have with the assistants. Hardy seems good, but I can't ever see him being taken seriously as a HC. So, the team will need quality assistant coaches, ideally veteran coaches who have some knowledge. What would be hilarious is to bring back Bob Weiss from the Walter Berry years, as he's now been a career assistant for decades helping other head coaches learn the ropes, but he may be dead now. Joking, mostly. But I would have to think the FO will need to look at the overall coaching bench when making a decision.

Update: https://deadorkicking.com/bob-weiss-dead-or-alive/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go Becky Go
    Away

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go Becky Go
    Away
    Exact response I expect from one of our resident incels.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exact response I expect from one of our resident incels.
    yeah, they make me flinch and rethink for wanting her gone too. Honestly, she lost me when she failed to take a knee with the team. It was like she was sucking up to ownership.

pop has his reasons and gets a pass from me since he's literally set the standard for speaking out on his player's behalf. she hasn't. plus she seems more interested in setting a precedent for women coaches by publicly acknowledging she just wants to be a head coach more than wanting to continue learning from the best to ever do it. plus she's overtly religious. can't stand that .

that and I think Ime Udoka and Will Hardy would be better fits.

all that combined to make me want her gone.
    Last edited by offset formation; 06-15-2021 at 10:09 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love how people here have opinions on whether Becky is a good coach and whether she could coach a championship team. I’m not saying she’s not, it’s just that there is no way to know from where we are. We don’t know if any of the assistants are any good. None of them may be good enough. Rooting for Becky too often means rooting to give a woman a shot bc she’s a woman. To be honest, it’s a terrible way to pick a coach, but unfortunately that’s the how the calculus has to be done before a woman gets hired.

Im not saying a woman can’t coach a team to an NBA championship. There is no basis in sex to say that men are any better at coaching than women. I just don’t think anybody here knows if Becky is that good a coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my bad! i mean .. uh ... becky probably trying to find a place to run off with tony because we all know he as a man is still her daddy and patfo is too stupid and woke to let her be who she was born to be -- a housewife
    now, that is much more ST friendly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love how people here have opinions on whether Becky is a good coach and whether she could coach a championship team. I’m not saying she’s not, it’s just that there is no way to know from where we are. We don’t know if any of the assistants are any good. None of them may be good enough. Rooting for Becky too often means rooting to give a woman a shot bc she’s a woman. To be honest, it’s a terrible way to pick a coach, but unfortunately that’s the how the calculus has to be done before a woman gets hired.

Im not saying a woman can’t coach a team to an NBA championship. There is no basis in sex to say that men are any better at coaching than women. I just don’t think anybody here knows if Becky is that good a coach.
    exactly. all I can see is that she was a great player, with tons of experience at the most important position on the court and she has put in a lot of work as an assistant and studying the game. these things all count for a lot but, in the end, can she make it as a head coach? only way to know is to give her a shot one day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol, not a chance. There is an abundance of better and in some cases more experienced candidates out there.
    I could see Dame wanting to dust off D'Antoni's offense. Chauncey will likely get a shot at an HC post, too, I'd bet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see Dame wanting to dust off D'Antoni's offense. Chauncey will likely get a shot at an HC post, too, I'd bet.
    yeah, i'm pretty sure that both d'antoni and billups will wind up coaching somewhere next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    exactly. all I can see is that she was a great player, with tons of experience at the most important position on the court and she has put in a lot of work as an assistant and studying the game. these things all count for a lot but, in the end, can she make it as a head coach? only way to know is to give her a shot one day.
    Sums it up nicely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d like Ime for sure. Might be my first choice but not sure he’s even looking. I still like Becky. I have no idea if she’s overly religious. That cross she wears could easily be to assuage the dumbasses who are concerned she’s a lesbian who played for the Russian team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously this will never happen but it would be nice to know what she would have done different with this current team that Pop didn’t do.

what would her lineups look like, her defensive strategies. Would she be in favor of playing the young ones more? Etc.

Thats what I would care about most, but those things wouldn’t be answered until she became head coach.

Thread Information