Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've said before, I don't know if Becky is a good coach or not. But I think players in the NBA could be coached by the right woman. I get that a woman is not going to make an NBA roster as a player. But a coach? Why not? It doesn't take any special physical ability other than standing up for a timeout. There is nothing so special about the male brain that makes it only able to understand X's and O's. And a man or a woman can give a motivational speech. I think there was a time when players wouldn't listen to a woman, but I think those times are passed, at least generally. And meritocracy? She has been paying her dues. She played professionally, which is more than some coaches in the NBA, even if she didn't play in the NBA. And she has been working as an assistant coach for a while. I mean, the employer is the one that determines if a candidate merits consideration. Let the GMs decide if she has the ability. I know the GMs would get kuddos for hiring a woman, but they will also get fired if the experiment fails, in fact, they are likely to get fired before the female coach. So I don't think any GM is going to hire a woman unless he thinks she can do the job and win. His job is on the line if he hires her and she fails.
    I don't think we'll see it happen for a LONG time. Although men have become more sensitive and emasculated, they still retain an ego. Having a female get in a male's face and yell or call you out invites added snickers and animosity from teammates and players on the opposing teams. I have no doubt a woman has all the knowledge and tools to be a NBA coach, I just don't believe men are ready to be led by one.

Becky's best and probably only chance of a head coaching gig in the NBA is right here in San Antonio. As a Spurs fan, I want no part of it. This team has a lot of other issues to deal with than the distraction and PR move by Woke Pop and the front office. She is not the best available coach in the market for a new team. There is a long list of more qualified and experienced candidates in front of her (Brent Barry is not one of them) and the worst thing any team can do is hire her based on her gender and trying to making a statement of equality and inclusion. Enough of the statements. A woman needs to be hired because she is the best person for the job. She needs to get paid like it too. This team needs a GM that can bring in a star player to build around.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    love to hear them moam

i’m on team beck

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Women have no place in the NBA and that's why there's a league of their own. I know damn well if I was a player in the NBA I wouldn't give af what some YMCA WNBA ex-player had to say to me about what I do on the court when their skills are .0001% of what any NBA player gives.
    Say that you’ve never satisfied a woman without saying you’ve never satisfied a woman.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be happy to see her coach an nba team, hope its the Spurs. I think she has the credentials and experience. I think she's earned an opportunity. Hope she gets one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be happy to see her coach an nba team, hope its the Spurs. I think she has the credentials and experience. I think she's earned an opportunity. Hope she gets one.
    No doubt. No funnier argument than "she doesn't have the knowledge/experience/qualifications/know-how" as a masquerade for the real reason some posters want nothing to do with a HC Becky. She's been an assistant coach for seven (!) seasons, to one of the GOAT coaches if not the GOAT, of all people. Not to mention plenty of actual basketball on-court experience as a successful WNBA player. What other pedigree could she possibly require? The only better experience she could have would be - wait for it - actual HC experience, and most NBA HCs are brought on with plenty less credentials for their first stints.

, what experience did Pop have when taking over the reigns as HC initially? But of course, he was a Man™, he must've known some things that are privy to the oh-so-small brain of a female like Becky...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She gone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Becky is the one that offered to suck off anyone who could beat her in a game of horse isn't she?
    I wonder if she can keep her sex life separate from the team.
    She could be a decent coach as far as motivation is concerned but high-T girls like her are notorious ..

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Becky is the one that offered to suck off anyone who could beat her in a game of horse isn't she?
    She could be a decent coach as far as motivation is concerned but high-T girls like her are notorious ..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since they’re interviewing two female coaches, I think Becky has a good shot here. They’re not doing it just for show.

It will be between Billups and Becky, IMO.

called it like I called all the 2021 award winners

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dame and cj about to get blowed,tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ain't believing that one without more corroboration than your bull ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ain't believing that one without more corroboration than your bull ...
    Its satire news but i found this lol

https://empiresports.co/wnba-star-be...-her-in-horse/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s an attempt at humor by some internet goofball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Say that you’ve never satisfied a woman without saying you’ve never satisfied a woman.
    Lmao

I should have said, "as head coach or close to it. FO is fine."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This choice will be interesting from a Lillard perspective. Billups is interviewing for Boston too. But, having played there, would he want that pressure of coaching the Celtics as his first job.

Both Billups and Hammond are former Point Guards. Can Billups start a job until Clippers win le or are eliminated? Hammond you can hire anytime. I'd think Dame would want Billups, management wouldn't mind either. Also, if Hammond is chosen, Dame could be moving. Management selling high to get a return on him, and his salary off the books. Just a gut feeling.

Doesn't look like Hammond is getting consideration from other clubs beyond a first look. News has been scarce on Pacers and Pelicans openings. Orlando was looking at Becky, haven't heard about any second interview. If Portland doesn't pick her for their coach, Spurs are still possible. With ownership reshuffle, and Holt having more concentration of power, how is the transition from Pop going to happen? Has Hardy already been chosen, just not made public until after Olympics? Would Hammond get a fair consideration from ownership regardless of any succession plans that may be in Pop's head? Will be interesting to see what happens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information