Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Better than Magic Johnson

There, I said it
    Stats wise and skill wise? Sure, but he better than bird there too … I said that too.
    Still taking Magic or Larry where and when it matters most but Luka does many things better than either player he should their peak 80-87 Luka hasn’t peaked yet and it’s been over 30 years he should be better at dribbling have better footwork etc.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lefty acting like he dropped a truth bomb …
    Kd and Steph better than both skill set wise too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you calling me a truth terrorist?

That's racist bro

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stats wise and skill wise? Sure, but he better than bird there too … I said that too.
    Still taking Magic or Larry where and when it matters most but Luka does many things better than either player he should their peak 80-87 Luka hasn’t peaked yet and it’s been over 30 years he should be better at dribbling have better footwork etc.
    I’m not entirely sure. I’m getting the feeling that doncic is way too dominant for his own good. I’m not sure if it’s a function of the Mavs having a horrible team or it is doncic not getting them involved. I’m starting to think that doncic got that Barkley / Ewing / harden issue where he’s pound the lights out of the ball and don’t pass until there is an assist or he has to.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not entirely sure. I’m getting the feeling that doncic is way too dominant for his own good. I’m not sure if it’s a function of the Mavs having a horrible team or it is doncic not getting them involved. I’m starting to think that doncic got that Barkley / Ewing / harden issue where he’s pound the lights out of the ball and don’t pass until there is an assist or he has to.
    he leads the league in most passes that lead in a wide open shot missed. Thats now for 2 years. If anything he gets them too involved and should just be more selfish. Also, no, it's not the team not playing good cause of him. That roster is garbage. A bunch of second rounders and undrafted players. It's a miracle they are even a 50% team with the way they've been playing... Just a re ed stat. Dallas wins 70% of the games if Bullock scores 5 points. And thats a starter that plays 30 minutes and gets a bunch of open looks... Doncic is pissed as right now, as he should be. People that watched him since the youth know he will want out soon. He'd probably rather be in Europe playing right now, than with a bunch of clowns... I bet Real Madrid with Luka would do better than Dallas in the nba.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better than Magic Johnson

There, I said it
    if he played in the 80s he would have been Detlef Schrempf tbh

Hans Brix??? Oh no!!!! Kim Jong-il's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Luka with a 50-burger on Hustn

djohn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka needing to score 50 on rockets to get a win is concerning for mavs. It's even worse, if you consider that Bertans was their second best player of this game.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    50/10/8 holy fuk tbh

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    he leads the league in most passes that lead in a wide open shot missed. Thats now for 2 years. If anything he gets them too involved and should just be more selfish. Also, no, it's not the team not playing good cause of him. That roster is garbage. A bunch of second rounders and undrafted players. It's a miracle they are even a 50% team with the way they've been playing... Just a re ed stat. Dallas wins 70% of the games if Bullock scores 5 points. And thats a starter that plays 30 minutes and gets a bunch of open looks... Doncic is pissed as right now, as he should be. People that watched him since the youth know he will want out soon. He'd probably rather be in Europe playing right now, than with a bunch of clowns... I bet Real Madrid with Luka would do better than Dallas in the nba.
    This.

The Mav's roster is an abomination and he just has to start being more selfish and drag them across the finish line for a 7 or 8 seed. But inwardly I'm almost hoping they fall off the globe and the Mav's sit him the rest of the year and try to get the Wembanya guy. Cuban won't get any decent talent w/o tanking so at this point tanking seems to be the only option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if he played in the 80s he would have been Detlef Schrempf tbh
    Damn imagine Luka with his playmaking skills but unlike Magic can actually shoot 3s

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Love the concept, on a toy. But is Dirk falling?

Weird why is the platform dropping.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love the concept, on a toy. But is Dirk falling?

Weird why is the platform dropping.
    Is he flopping after Duncan perfectly checked him?

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Luka’s problem is in part his teammates, in part his coaching, in part a product of today’s game, and in part due to his own style of play. The comparisons with guys like LeBron and Harden are fair in a general sense in how he can dominate the ball with both scoring and playmaking. In many ways, it’s great from an individual standpoint and perhaps even necessary for the team’s best chance to win. But in other ways, it can be restrictive to teammates and disruptive to team chemistry.

Luka is so talented that him handling the ball and facilitating like 95% of the time he’s on the court might just be the best gameplan for success. But it does relegate most of his teammates to spot up jump shooters or rim finishers on offense. And so especially guys like DFS, THJ, Bullock, Kleber, certainly Bertans, if they’re making shots, it’s great for the team. But if they’re not making shots, they’re basically useless on offense. The one good thing about Brunson (and Dinwiddie at least last season when he first joined the Mavs, since I haven’t watched a lot of Mavs games this year) is that even if he wasn’t making threes, he could play well offensively. He would get in his bag attacking the rim, pulling up midrange, backing down, using a variety of moves to score inside against bigger players. Plus he handled the ball enough to be a secondary playmaker. If he didn’t make any threes, he could still drop 20+ points on efficient numbers. These Mavs might not have a secondary guy like that. I don’t know if Dinwiddie has done that this season.

Luka needs a guy who not only can score next to him, but at times not be scared to also be ball dominant himself, taking some of that burden off of Luka. And someone who doesn’t need to hit 3-4 threes in order to have a positive impact offensively. Whatever the Mavs end up being by the end of the season, Luka should have more court time with both Dinwiddie and Wood throughout the game, because at least those two do not fully rely on three point shooting to impact offense.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Luka’s problem is in part his teammates, in part his coaching, in part a product of today’s game, and in part due to his own style of play. The comparisons with guys like LeBron and Harden are fair in a general sense in how he can dominate the ball with both scoring and playmaking. In many ways, it’s great from an individual standpoint and perhaps even necessary for the team’s best chance to win. But in other ways, it can be restrictive to teammates and disruptive to team chemistry.

Luka is so talented that him handling the ball and facilitating like 95% of the time he’s on the court might just be the best gameplan for success. But it does relegate most of his teammates to spot up jump shooters or rim finishers on offense. And so especially guys like DFS, THJ, Bullock, Kleber, certainly Bertans, if they’re making shots, it’s great for the team. But if they’re not making shots, they’re basically useless on offense. The one good thing about Brunson (and Dinwiddie at least last season when he first joined the Mavs, since I haven’t watched a lot of Mavs games this year) is that even if he wasn’t making threes, he could play well offensively. He would get in his bag attacking the rim, pulling up midrange, backing down, using a variety of moves to score inside against bigger players. Plus he handled the ball enough to be a secondary playmaker. If he didn’t make any threes, he could still drop 20+ points on efficient numbers. These Mavs might not have a secondary guy like that. I don’t know if Dinwiddie has done that this season.

Luka needs a guy who not only can score next to him, but at times not be scared to also be ball dominant himself, taking some of that burden off of Luka. And someone who doesn’t need to hit 3-4 threes in order to have a positive impact offensively. Whatever the Mavs end up being by the end of the season, Luka should have more court time with both Dinwiddie and Wood throughout the game, because at least those two do not fully rely on three point shooting to impact offense.
    Spot on analysis…
    Again style wise he is more harden Bron with maybe a dash of Jokic
    But the 40 and 16 he put up tonight along with some elite passing still reminds me of a certain Hick from French Lick …
    Jokic is amazing but I think Luka and Bird change speeds better. Jokic is just so damn good at being crafty probably has the best touch of thise 3 and the other two have great touch … and he is is an elite passer himself.
    I’m not white but good to see two elite white foreign hoopers near the top of mvp and best player lists … the NBA I grew up on had sone bad ass white boys but Bird was the best of em glad after dirk left we may have two that are even better.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I turned it off thought they lost when he had 50 plus with 16 rebs
    Kids unreal …
    Y’all hate the comp to Bird but im doubling down, y’all
    That is who he reminds me of primarily because I like Jokic who is a 7 foot beast Luka and bird looked like dudes I could get buckets on or who I could slow down on offense but you can’t they just to good.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Luka needing to score 50 on rockets to get a win is concerning for mavs. It's even worse, if you consider that Bertans was their second best player of this game.
    yeah that's true. tbh the margin of victory they are winning by when he goes God-mode is concerning. I understand players improve year by year, and scoring averages will go up, but yes the fact that's he's dropping 50-60 and they are barely beating mediocre teams makes it seem like a foregone conclusion he will be gone at some point. The team has regressed at this point imho. I don't recall him needing to put on record setting performances regularly last year just to get by the Knicks of the NBA. Given Jewban's track record of awful roster management, no way Luka he doesn't demand a trade at some point in the next two years

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm sure Luka loves having Powell next to him playing 30 min and getting ZERO rebounds. It's a shock Luka hasn't killed himself by now, playing with this trash for 5 years now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm sure Luka loves having Powell next to him playing 30 min and getting ZERO rebounds. It's a shock Luka hasn't killed himself by now, playing with this trash for 5 years now.
    Powell is his buddy. That's why he is playing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give Luka a legit 2nd banana and the West is ed

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Yep. However, Wood will continue to get worked by the better teams on defense.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Give Luka a legit 2nd banana and the West is ed
    Not happening. Cuban’s a war criminal, he’s not doing to help Luka.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Yep. However, Wood will continue to get worked by the better teams on defense.
    Would be a thing if he were replacing DeAndre Ayton or Rudy Gobert in the starting line-up. He’s not. He’s replacing Dwight ing Powell. Wood’s offensive production more than makes up for whatever dropoff there is defensively going from Powell to him. Luka should have Wood and Dinwiddie on the court as much as possible. And maybe DFS too. But after those first three, the rest of the playing time can change game to game depending on the opponent and the game situations.

But you can’t just have Luka out there with only three spot up shooters and a defensive big for long stretches. It’s a bad line-up and does Luka absolutely zero favors offensively.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Would be a thing if he were replacing DeAndre Ayton or Rudy Gobert in the starting line-up. He’s not. He’s replacing Dwight ing Powell. Wood’s offensive production more than makes up for whatever dropoff there is defensively going from Powell to him. Luka should have Wood and Dinwiddie on the court as much as possible. And maybe DFS too. But after those first three, the rest of the playing time can change game to game depending on the opponent and the game situations.

But you can’t just have Luka out there with only three spot up shooters and a defensive big for long stretches. It’s a bad line-up and does Luka absolutely zero favors offensively.
    There is no dropoff in defense going from Powell to Wood, if anything that’s an upgrade

The biggest frustration from Mavs fans is Kidd’s use of Wood. Bringing him off the bench was a stupid idea from the start, and that’s only more evident now that Wood is starting and playing great on both ends. He’s had moments where his bbiq is frustratingly poor, but overall he’s been a huge positive asset that is being very badly managed. He’s also been a great teammate, despite whatever copium Houston Fan is sucking on.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    There is no dropoff in defense going from Powell to Wood, if anything that’s an upgrade

The biggest frustration from Mavs fans is Kidd’s use of Wood. Bringing him off the bench was a stupid idea from the start, and that’s only more evident now that Wood is starting and playing great on both ends. He’s had moments where his bbiq is frustratingly poor, but overall he’s been a huge positive asset that is being very badly managed. He’s also been a great teammate, despite whatever copium Houston Fan is sucking on.
    Such a great teammate that Kidd didn’t want to start him. That came
    from Cuban

Thread Information