Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Nothingburger imo. Sounds more like the media is trying to rev up the hype train to push him to a flashier market/team.
    He will leave. It’s a new era. Besides, Cuban won’t give him any help.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    There is no future for the NBA

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    You think you have time. You don’t.
    you think you have a future

you dont

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    whether or not this is BS, this reminds me of a point I made awhile ago that IMO sports fandom seems to be trending toward an outdated pasttime unless you're a fan of one of the Top 5 marquis franchises in your sport whether it be pro or college. Otherwise enjoy having your one chance in like 30 years to win a le before your superstar goes to a bigger market. The days of Karl Malone/Stockton or Tim Duncan staying with their small market teams their whole career appear to be over

In baseball, if you're a small market team you can enjoy watching a homegrown superstar for a few years before he goes off to the Yankees/Red Sox/Dodgers. Now the NBA is doing it since superstars are agreeing to team up. The floodgates are already open. Luka will be gone, and unless the Suns or Bucks ring soon there will be "internal grumblings" with guys like Booker and Giannis and they will go to NYC/Brooklyn, LA, Miami, or Boston.

College sports have a similar problem but with coaching etc

NFL is the only sport that actually seems safe so far

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody in Dallas gives a about anything outside of the Cowboys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Somewhere Pat Riley’s snake are are listening

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    you think you have a future

you dont
    Luka won’t stick around for Cuban to fail him like he did Dirk. And pay a ing tention, this is coming out BEFORE he signs. Clock has begun ticking.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    whether or not this is BS, this reminds me of a point I made awhile ago that IMO sports fandom seems to be trending toward an outdated pasttime unless you're a fan of one of the Top 5 marquis franchises in your sport whether it be pro or college. Otherwise enjoy having your one chance in like 30 years to win a le before your superstar goes to a bigger market. The days of Karl Malone/Stockton or Tim Duncan staying with their small market teams their whole career appear to be over

In baseball, if you're a small market team you can enjoy watching a homegrown superstar for a few years before he goes off to the Yankees/Red Sox/Dodgers. Now the NBA is doing it since superstars are agreeing to team up. The floodgates are already open. Luka will be gone, and unless the Suns or Bucks ring soon there will be "internal grumblings" with guys like Booker and Giannis and they will go to NYC/Brooklyn, LA, Miami, or Boston.

College sports have a similar problem but with coaching etc

NFL is the only sport that actually seems safe so far
    Look at the small market blues

It's no NY or LA but Dallas is definitely not a small market. Cuban's decision making is questionable to say the least.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

It's no NY or LA but Dallas is definitely not a small market. Cuban's decision making is questionable to say the least.
    It is. He didn't take care of Dirk.

OTOH, I thought the Porcelainzingis trade at the time was solid and so did many others. Hopefully Luka gives him a little time to work something else out since KP is better suited for the WNBA (not that there is anything wrong with that)

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Luka won’t stick around for Cuban to fail him like he did Dirk. And pay a ing tention, this is coming out BEFORE he signs. Clock has begun ticking.
    whatever helps you feel better about your rockets and the pitiful situation they are in

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Cuban: “I listen to Luka like I listened to Dirk” Bye Luka

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    This is the way the NBA is heading. Sign an extension then demand a trade.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    whatever helps you feel better about your rockets and the pitiful situation they are in
    You trust Cuban to surround Luka with talent? Dude couldn’t even keep a championship team together. You don’t have 2021 or 2023 first round picks. And of course can’t trade consecutive first rounders. Which means to get rid of Porzingis you’d have to probably trade a 2025 first rounder. Yeah I see the no future there. And your own Scouting department has no say in the draft

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    You trust Cuban to surround Luka with talent? Dude couldn’t even keep a championship team together. You don’t have 2021 or 2023 first round picks. And of course can’t trade consecutive first rounders. Which means to get rid of Porzingis you’d have to probably trade a 2025 first rounder. Yeah I see the no future there. And your own Scouting department has no say in the draft
    i have my thoughts

but if i had to choose between having a bonafide superstar and a front office with some competency issues, or no superstar at all or in sight and an equally bad if not more incompetent front office, id take the former

you're my sweetie pie Cuppycake Gumdrop's Avatar
    My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    Haralabos pushed for Delon Wright, Donnie pushed for Josh Richardson. Sounds like they both suck tbh

Then you have Rick icing his own team and devising horrible gameplans. The entire thing is a huge mess and if Cuban was smart he’d clean house before Luka bolts.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    both the gambler and Nelson need to get the out if Dallas wants to be a serious team. And Cuban needs to spend less time around the team. No player wants to hang out with him on the bench during games.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Well I guess technically it may not be, but it's not one of the small handful of "marquis" destinations that FAs want to go too, which is really all that matters. And yes a lot of that is on Jewban. I listened to a clip of that 'all the smoke' podcast with stephen jackson and matt barnes. on a show where they had Shaq on, they all said Dallas was a place they went full 'ooga booga' in and went all 'turnt up' when they came in as visitors. Same as atlanta, both cities seem like perfect party spots for the black man, yet Cuban can't seem to get any of them to play for the team

you're my sweetie pie Cuppycake Gumdrop's Avatar
    My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    Yeah Dallas may not be small market, but it’s not a destination city. It’s a place for middle class suburbanites who can’t afford to live in California or New York.

If the average NBA star was a balding white 35 year old, married to a girl he met in college, driving a Jeep Compass, with 3 kids and zero dreams of accomplishing anything else with his life, then the Mavericks would be getting every free agent on the market.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    If the average NBA star was a balding white 35 year old, married to a girl he met in college, driving a Jeep Compass, with 3 kids and zero dreams of accomplishing anything else with his life, then the Mavericks would be getting every free agent on the market.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yeah Dallas may not be small market, but it’s not a destination city. It’s a place for middle class suburbanites who can’t afford to live in California or New York.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who does Mavfan expect Cuban to sign?

Without a doubt his failure in 2011 to let Tyson Chandler go while signing Lamar Kardashian was a collosal f up.

But what is he supposed to do now?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Who does Mavfan expect Cuban to sign?

Without a doubt his failure in 2011 to let Tyson Chandler go while signing Lamar Kardashian was a collosal f up.

But what is he supposed to do now?
    going to be a typical 'wrong side of 30' veteran whose best years were three or more years ago but brings 'veteran savvy'....obviously their big target is John Collins, but once they strike out on him it will be someone like Mike Conley, Danny Green, Reggie Jacckson etc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

damn lol
    Signing the Superman?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information