Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah still doubting it. He will be back to play just in time for the WCF.

either that or Paul George will lead the team to a ring and Kawhi will share the glory
    I get the same sense. Without Conley and with Mitc less than 100% and due for regression to the mean, I still think the Clippers have a better team and win this series.

It didn't seem like it, but hopefully he tore his ACL. Not only because he deserves it, but because this would truly be the most open playoffs in at least modern history.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m rooting for amputation.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get the same sense. Without Conley and with Mitc less than 100% and due for regression to the mean, I still think the Clippers have a better team and win this series.

It didn't seem like it, but hopefully he tore his ACL. Not only because he deserves it, but because this would truly be the most open playoffs in at least modern history.
    They said originally that it was an ACL sprain. Even the least serious ACL sprains take 2-4 weeks to heal. Knowing how slow of healer Kawhi is I would put it at 4 weeks. That would make him out for the WCF if the Clippers are somehow won against the Jazz.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They said originally that it was an ACL sprain. Even the least serious ACL sprains take 2-4 weeks to heal. Knowing how slow of healer Kawhi is I would put it at 4 weeks. That would make him out for the WCF if the Clippers are somehow won against the Jazz.
    Fair enough. Let's say you're right about the timeline: I still think they can win the West, pending Paul's prognosis. If he's good to go for game 1, hard to see him letting a golden opportunity like this slip through his fingers.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What dark magic do you possess good sir?!

I just play my cards right buddy. nephew.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the kawhi quad strikes again!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Karma wheel turns slowly sometimes, but it always turns.

I’m wondering if he now wishes he had played that season in SA. He’s sitting on about 11 thousand points, and if it’s an ACL, he’ll miss most, or all of next season, and have a compromised recovery season after that. He’ll be 31 after the recovery season. I’d say his HOF case is in doubt.
    You can’t be serious lmao. He could retire today and get in. Ben Wallace is getting inducted ffs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fair enough. Let's say you're right about the timeline: I still think they can win the West, pending Paul's prognosis. If he's good to go for game 1, hard to see him letting a golden opportunity like this slip through his fingers.
    If it’s 4 weeks then there is no chance he will be back for the WCF.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pandemic P din do nuffin

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can’t be serious lmao. He could retire today and get in. Ben Wallace is getting inducted ffs.
    Ben Wallace was a travesty. Kawhi also doesn’t have the defensive chops that Wallace had. K had maybe 3 dominant years. Ben terrorized the paint for a decade.

Other than the horrible induction of Wallace, I think every other US NBA player to be inducted in the last 40 years has bumped up against or exceeded 20 K points. Kawhi has 11K, a damaged quad, and a blown knee, and will turn 30 in a few weeks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it’s 4 weeks then there is no chance he will be back for the WCF.
    No, I mean the Clippers can finish off the Jazz (in their current state) and the Suns (if Paul has to miss time) without him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, I mean the Clippers can finish off the Jazz (in their current state) and the Suns (if Paul has to miss time) without him.
    They’re not very good without Kawhi. They can win games, but not series. For s sake, their best player right now is Playoff Pee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ben Wallace was a travesty. Kawhi also doesn’t have the defensive chops that Wallace had. K had maybe 3 dominant years. Ben terrorized the paint for a decade.

Other than the horrible induction of Wallace, I think every other US NBA player to be inducted in the last 40 years has bumped up against or exceeded 20 K points. Kawhi has 11K, a damaged quad, and a blown knee, and will turn 30 in a few weeks.
    He’s one of three players to win finals MVP on two different teams and one of 10 players to win DPOTY multiple times. KL is a lock right now IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s one of three players to win finals MVP on two different teams and one of 10 players to win DPOTY multiple times. KL is a lock right now IMO.
    Cornbread Maxwell won a FMVP for Boston, and has about 600 less points scored, and he’s not in the HOF.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’re not very good without Kawhi. They can win games, but not series. For s sake, their best player right now is Playoff Pee.
    Don't know if they stay small to start or go big (guessing the former), but either way George, Morris, Batum, Jackson, Beverley, Zubac, Kennard, Mann, with Rondo, Cousins, Patterson as ancillary options, is still a viable rotation, especially given the compe ion.

Neither the Jazz nor Suns have a superstar either nor are they teeming with creators.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they lose game 5 to the Jazz they will lose the series. If they somehow win the series and play the Suns I have heard Chris Paul could comeback for game 4. All the Suns would have to do is win 1 out of 3 games without Chris. If they are down 2-1 instead of 3-0 then the Suns will win the series with Chris being back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ....."The Clippers had said on Tuesday that Leonard was fine after not being listed on the injury report ahead of this crucial Game 5. Now, Leonard appears to be out for at least Wednesday and could be in danger of missing the rest of the series. This could mean Leonard went for an MRI or additional testing yesterday that revealed something else, something potentially more serious. That’s the only reason you would think Kawhi would miss such a big game."

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fractured the bone he’s been growing in his quad

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you guys are sick in the head and need help

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have to say, this was a genius level jinx thread.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate the guy just as much as anyone but I would never wish injury or be happy when the injury happens. When he pulled his I just wished he wouldn’t ever win anything ever again and hoped he would be a complete failure after the Spurs made him into what he became

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And then PG13 delivered a Durantesque 37-16-5 to take the series lead and a chance to finish it at home. I hate it but the ESPN guys love it. So much drama in this years playoff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate the guy just as much as anyone but I would never wish injury or be happy when the injury happens. When he pulled his I just wished he wouldn’t ever win anything ever again and hoped he would be a complete failure after the Spurs made him into what he became
    Well, he got gifted a chip after leaving us and the Warriors were decimated by injuries.

So the basketball gods gotta do their thing....torn acl it is...hopefully

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a brilliant move from Kawhi. If it was an acl tear, they would have confirmed it. He is pushing his teammates to step their games up, and he has successfully done that. This team truly looks out for each other. Kawhi will be back in the WCF as this injury is not truly that bad. Clips are winning it all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, he got gifted a chip after leaving us and the Warriors were decimated by injuries.

So the basketball gods gotta do their thing....torn acl it is...hopefully

I hope it isnt. Wishing ill will on the autistic mute will do our spurs no favors

Thread Information