Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republicans ramp up the fascism another notch.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    GRIFFIN, Georgia (Reuters) - Protesters filled the meeting room of the Spalding County Board of Elections in October, upset that the board had disallowed early voting on Sundays for the Nov. 2 municipal election. A year ago, Sunday voting had been instrumental in boosting turnout of Black voters.

But this was an entirely different five-member board than had overseen the last election. The Democratic majority of three Black women was gone. So was the Black elections supervisor.

Now a faction of three white Republicans controlled the board – thanks to a bill passed by the Republican-led Georgia legislature earlier this year. The Spalding board’s new chairman has endorsed former president Donald Trump’s false stolen-election claims on social media.

The panel in Spalding, a rural patch south of Atlanta, is one of six county boards that Republicans have quietly reorganized in recent months through similar county-specific state legislation. The changes expanded the party’s power over choosing members of local election boards ahead of the crucial midterm Congressional elections in November 2022.

The unusual rash of restructurings follows the state's passage of Senate Bill 202, which restricted ballot access statewide and allowed the Republican-controlled State Election Board to assume control of county boards it deems underperforming. The board immediately launched a performance review of the Democratic-leaning Fulton County board, which oversees part of Atlanta.

The Georgia restructurings are part of a national Republican effort to expand control over election administration in the wake of Trump’s false voter-fraud claims. Republican-led states such as Florida, Texas and Arizona have enacted new curbs on voter access this year. Backers of Trump’s false stolen-election claims are running campaigns for secretary of state - the top election official - in battleground states. And some Republicans in Wisconsin are seeking to eliminate the state’s bipartisan election commission and threatening its members with prosecution.

https://news.yahoo.com/georgia-repub...111131036.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Back to the 1880s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What can and will honest voters do to overcome this?

Organized car pools etc.?
    This gonna be crackin come '22 elections.
    I don't think the Georgia Dems are take this lying down like previous years when Repug bullying was the order of the day.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Repugs will not commit any crimes as they drag USA into fascism. They only use anti-democratic Bad Faith, which isn't a crime.

Along with voter suppression (thanks, right wing SCOTUS political toadies), PARTISAN gerrymandering (thanks, right wing SCOTUS political toadies), and election counting fraud, the anti-democratic Cons ution, Bad Faith is all the Repugs need to America into fascism.

They are unstoppable. Capitalist/Christian fascism for Jan 2025

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Republicans ramp up the fascism another notch.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    GRIFFIN, Georgia (Reuters) - Protesters filled the meeting room of the Spalding County Board of Elections in October, upset that the board had disallowed early voting on Sundays for the Nov. 2 municipal election. A year ago, Sunday voting had been instrumental in boosting turnout of Black voters.

But this was an entirely different five-member board than had overseen the last election. The Democratic majority of three Black women was gone. So was the Black elections supervisor.

Now a faction of three white Republicans controlled the board – thanks to a bill passed by the Republican-led Georgia legislature earlier this year. The Spalding board’s new chairman has endorsed former president Donald Trump’s false stolen-election claims on social media.

The panel in Spalding, a rural patch south of Atlanta, is one of six county boards that Republicans have quietly reorganized in recent months through similar county-specific state legislation. The changes expanded the party’s power over choosing members of local election boards ahead of the crucial midterm Congressional elections in November 2022.

The unusual rash of restructurings follows the state's passage of Senate Bill 202, which restricted ballot access statewide and allowed the Republican-controlled State Election Board to assume control of county boards it deems underperforming. The board immediately launched a performance review of the Democratic-leaning Fulton County board, which oversees part of Atlanta.

The Georgia restructurings are part of a national Republican effort to expand control over election administration in the wake of Trump’s false voter-fraud claims. Republican-led states such as Florida, Texas and Arizona have enacted new curbs on voter access this year. Backers of Trump’s false stolen-election claims are running campaigns for secretary of state - the top election official - in battleground states. And some Republicans in Wisconsin are seeking to eliminate the state’s bipartisan election commission and threatening its members with prosecution.

https://news.yahoo.com/georgia-repub...111131036.html
    When are you going to learn to actually read the article first before rushing here to post something because of a headline?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DUH PURGE!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When are you going to learn to actually read the article first before rushing here to post something because of a headline?

(shrugs) I went with the the head line of the article as written, and posted the article in its entirety. Typical of you to focus your autistic screeching on the headline and miss the point of the article and my comment entirely.

My comment was more on the underlying law, part of the fascist push to restrict voting by anyone that isn't voting Republican.

"pay no attentiontion to the law behind the headline".
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 12-10-2021 at 02:24 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You also seem to forget that this little gem:
    GOP candidate improperly purged 340,000 from Georgia voter rolls, investigation claims

Georgia secretary of state and gubernatorial candidate Brian Kemp improperly purged more than 340,000 voters from the state’s registration rolls, an investigation charges.

Greg Palast, a journalist and the director of the Palast Investigative Fund, said an analysis he commissioned found 340,134 voters were removed from the rolls on the grounds that they had moved – but they actually still live at the address where they are registered.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ion-brian-kemp

The guy running for ing governor got to pick who got purged from the voter rolls right before the election that he won by a tiny margin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should purge the "dems" from this world tbh.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should purge the "dems" from this world tbh.
    on one hand, you're better than this

... on the other hand, calf tats

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    on one hand, you're better than this

... on the other hand, calf tats
    It's all about the quotation marks bud... I wouldn't expect you to get it anyhow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just get rid of fellow citizens with a different point of view. Problem solved.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You seemed fine as wine about it when deaths were being celebrated as long as they were conservatives.

Cue "I wasn't fine, I just didn't see it or didn't have any comments, couldn't find a tweet that expressed my opinions"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have no ing clue what I mean and it's hilarious watching you concoct your dumbass theory. Continue on dip !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You seemed fine as wine about it when deaths were being celebrated as long as they were conservatives.

Cue "I wasn't fine, I just didn't see it or didn't have any comments, couldn't find a tweet that expressed my opinions"
    like who?

the Air Force security trainer (and Iraq veteran) who tried to break into an secured area of the US Capitol on Jan 6th?

had Babbitt been the defender she would have shot too, tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Back to the 1880s.
    *fingers crossed*

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bet you do.

thanks for being honest

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bet you do.

thanks for being honest
    you got it, slick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jim Crow good again.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jim Crow good again.
    Thats what Hillary tells me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats what Hillary tells me.
    How so?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Robert Byrd was her idol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    like who?

the Air Force security trainer (and Iraq veteran) who tried to break into an secured area of the US Capitol on Jan 6th?

had Babbitt been the defender she would have shot too, tbh.
    Hundreds of thousands of COVID deaths. Don't get amnesia suddenly while the thread is still warm.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Robert Byrd was her idol.
    Which Jim Crow laws do you have Senator Robert Byrd supporting?

Show your quotes.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which Jim Crow laws do you have Senator Robert Byrd supporting?

Show your quotes.
    Prove Robert Byrd wasnt in the Clan...Ill wait for your response.

Thread Information