Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 119
  1. #76
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    53,854
    The bubble was stupid. They should've vacated the le and just taken the L and come back on schedule with a full season
    None of that happy horse , buster.

    When no one was looking, or, caring I copped that 17th. I didn't get it the year before that and I ain't getting it this year. The biggest hurdle was cajoling numb-nuts James into taking it off the shelf where it was sitting pretty for the taking. Right- ing-there. Dicey times, that mother er wouldn't commit till the last.

    COVID ed me hard and I lost the old man's 2nd 4.
    COVID did me fine and I got that 17th because of (19) and I ain't giving it back for all the rice in China.

    The Lord takes & the Lord gives.

    Let us proceed...

  2. #77
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    53,854
    Wouldn’t Kawhi being out for the year AND the Clippers ringing be the best case scenario? Ruins his legacy a bit
    To with his legacy, just take the Suns out, what you do after that is of nary concern.

  3. #78
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    53,854
    Clippers can't win without Kawhi, tbh. They may as well just fall to the Jazz, then.
    The Suns would eat the Jazz alive.

  4. #79
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    53,854
    Nah I love it here. I’ve been on other message boards and besides the ESPN boards in the early to mid 00s this one is by far the best. Tbh you get banned on Clutchfans if they even think you’re trolling. That place is lame. The wild Wild West atmosphere here is refreshing in this PC world
    This.

  5. #80
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    53,854
    Why? Utah is pretty far from healthy with Conley looking unlikely to play this series and with Mitc 's ed up ankle.
    Conley healthy is a waste of time, bum. He's a duster, a dry hole. Memphis found that out and now it is the Jazz turn.

  6. #81
    Veteran Isitjustme?'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3,557
    Really should have done a 50 game season, but owners and players both wanted that full television contract which required 70 games and now we have a complete cluster of a postseason to show for it.
    I guess. A lot of the guys injured now though load managed and sat out games like crazy any way is the weird thing. Kawhi sat most back to backs, Kyrie played when he felt like it, the Lakers were extra cautious with Davis regular season injury and didn't rush him back so he only played 36 games then suffered another injury which was unrelated to the one he was sitting out for all season. ironically Lebron was one of the only guys who didn't load manage and insisted on playing almost every game. Tbh old time NBA players would never sit and seemed to get injured less maybe (I don't have the stats on this just guessing). I mean Jordan played every single regular season and postseason game of their second three-peat.

    I mean I'm biased because I was real happy LeBron was playing every game and load management is another thing is kind of secretly ruining the NBA. I mean you got a bull's ticket on a road game during the Jordan years he will play pretty much 100% and LeBron was doing the same thing. Now who would want to get like a bulls road ticket during the Jordan era and they're on the road and you got what like a 60% chance of seeing them with 40% chance and just sitting out for rest. A friend of mine is a casual fan he said that when he puts the games on half the guys are resting and the players don't care so he just says "okay the NBA players don't care about the regular season why should I?"

  7. #82
    Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10,285
    I guess. A lot of the guys injured now though load managed and sat out games like crazy any way is the weird thing. Kawhi sat most back to backs, Kyrie played when he felt like it, the Lakers were extra cautious with Davis regular season injury and didn't rush him back so he only played 36 games then suffered another injury which was unrelated to the one he was sitting out for all season. ironically Lebron was one of the only guys who didn't load manage and insisted on playing almost every game. Tbh old time NBA players would never sit and seemed to get injured less maybe (I don't have the stats on this just guessing). I mean Jordan played every single regular season and postseason game of their second three-peat.

    I mean I'm biased because I was real happy LeBron was playing every game and load management is another thing is kind of secretly ruining the NBA. I mean you got a bull's ticket on a road game during the Jordan years he will play pretty much 100% and LeBron was doing the same thing. Now who would want to get like a bulls road ticket during the Jordan era and they're on the road and you got what like a 60% chance of seeing them with 40% chance and just sitting out for rest. A friend of mine is a casual fan he said that when he puts the games on half the guys are resting and the players don't care so he just says "okay the NBA players don't care about the regular season why should I?"
    The regular season should be reduced to ~50 games. The quality of the product could only improve.

  8. #83
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    53,854
    The regular season should be reduced to ~50 games. The quality of the product could only improve.
    You have 30 teams chasing talent not enough for half that amount. Until that is addressed you're drifting in the winds. And that will never be addressed.

  9. #84
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    671
    This injury is not even that bad. Kawhi is motivating others to step up and it is working. He’ll be back for the WCF or game 7 of this series. The Clippers have this le wrapped up. If it was serious, why hasn’t anything been confirmed???

  10. #85
    絶対領域が大好きなんだよ baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    83,586
    This injury is not even that bad. Kawhi is motivating others to step up and it is working. He’ll be back for the WCF or game 7 of this series. The Clippers have this le wrapped up. If it was serious, why hasn’t anything been confirmed???
    Why would the Clippers say anything? When Duncan tore his meniscus right before the 2000 playoffs the Spurs were happy to let the media and the Suns think Tim was coming back any day now

  11. #86
    Because I choose to. Neo.'s Avatar
    My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    2,144
    This injury is not even that bad. Kawhi is motivating others to step up and it is working. He’ll be back for the WCF or game 7 of this series. The Clippers have this le wrapped up. If it was serious, why hasn’t anything been confirmed???
    yes im sure its great motivation for your team when you sit out playoff games with a minimal injury that you could play through

  12. #87
    4-25-20 Will Hunting's Avatar
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    19,984
    Why would the Clippers say anything? When Duncan tore his meniscus right before the 2000 playoffs the Spurs were happy to let the media and the Suns think Tim was coming back any day now
    Iirc Celtics did the same thing with KG in 2009. It was a knee injury he had absolutely no chance at returning from that season (and it actually made it so he wasn’t an all star level player anymore) but the Celtics kept up the charade that he was always a few weeks away.

  13. #88
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    671
    yes im sure its great motivation for your team when you sit out playoff games with a minimal injury that you could play through
    Kawhi is carry this team and asking his 2 elite sidekicks in PG and Reggie Jackson to be the star caliber players that they are without him. They passed the test with flying colors. I bet Rondo was in on this as well to have Kawhi pull these motivational mind games on the team.

  14. #89
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    671
    Why would the Clippers say anything? When Duncan tore his meniscus right before the 2000 playoffs the Spurs were happy to let the media and the Suns think Tim was coming back any day now
    Clips wouldn’t do that to their fanbase or this team which would tear the brotherhood apart.

  15. #90
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    53,854
    Kawhi is carry this team and asking his 2 elite sidekicks in PG and Reggie Jackson to be the star caliber players that they are without him. They passed the test with flying colors. I bet Rondo was in on this as well to have Kawhi pull these motivational mind games on the team.
    Lodge a heavy hypo game day, shove him out there. He's so half re ed he won't know which end is up till the game's over.

    - A wave of the hand..."Matzel, matzel, good things."

    - Alec Baldwin - "Along Came Polly"

  16. #91
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    53,854
    Iirc Celtics did the same thing with KG in 2009. It was a knee injury he had absolutely no chance at returning from that season (and it actually made it so he wasn’t an all star level player anymore) but the Celtics kept up the charade that he was always a few weeks away.
    Man, I hated that phony bas .

  17. #92
    faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    3,206
    ^ rofl

  18. #93
    Believe. Tyronn Lue's Avatar
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    43
    Stay tuned

  19. #94
    Got Woke? DMC's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    83,123
    ^Another alt that won't be around after the Clippers lose.

  20. #95
    絶対領域が大好きなんだよ baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    83,586
    Out for Game 6 too

  21. #96
    Chunky Brazil's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    28,832
    is he dead yet ?

  22. #97
    Giannis is a Good Player Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    18,625
    Oh why lord... Why did we trade Paul George? For the awkward looking aspergers kid with the big hands and banged up knees?

  23. #98
    4-25-20 Will Hunting's Avatar
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    19,984
    Oh why lord... Why did we trade Paul George? For the awkward looking aspergers kid with the big hands and banged up knees?
    wtf are you talking about? The Spurs traded George Hill for Leonard, not Paul George.

  24. #99
    Chopper Ed Helicopter Jones's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    12,560
    This injury is not even that bad. Kawhi is motivating others to step up and it is working. He’ll be back for the WCF or game 7 of this series. The Clippers have this le wrapped up. If it was serious, why hasn’t anything been confirmed???
    Yes, the Kawhi injury is all a ploy. He's so wise, and he saw his teammates not playing to their potential, and he thought why not fake an injury to fire our guys up and force them to play harder.

    That's exactly how his brilliant mind works, and I'm sure that same motivational strategy is why he didn't even attend the last game. Dude is a BOSS!

  25. #100
    Chopper Ed Helicopter Jones's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    12,560
    Oh, and I'm sure the Clippers are probably not able to confirm the extent of Kawhi's injury because no one other than Uncle can ever do that. Is he hurt or isn't he? The Spurs spent an entire season trying to figure out the translation of the Kawhi injury scale.

    If this truly a ploy by Kawhi, it's a ploy to protect his legacy. Two straight years of early playoff defeats don't add to your reputation, rumblings were already occurring nationally that he's not all he's cracked up to be. But if you can go down with an injury?? Well, heck, Kawhi could of brought them back had he not been hurt.

    Maybe he is brilliant.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •