Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would certainly argue that Paul is better than Steph and Lillard. Small guys who chuck away but don’t help their teams when their shots don’t fall. Golden St didn’t even make the playoffs this year. And Dame got roasted by a team who was missing their entire starting backcourt.

Paul defends better, rebounds better, scores just as well and won a playoffs series which is more than Steph and Dame can say this year
    But aren't you cherry-picking one year here? Unlike Steph, CP3 has never won a championship (nevermind three), has never won 73 games in a season, has never won 67 games in a season (twice), and has only shot over 40% from three in 2 out of 16 seasons. Steph's worst full season 3pt% (41.1%) is identical to CP3's best 3pt% for a season. Paul is a quality shooter from three, but Steph is in a different stratosphere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nephew the best US player never to play in the Olympics post Dream Team???

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But aren't you cherry-picking one year here? Unlike Steph, CP3 has never won a championship (nevermind three), has never won 73 games in a season, has never won 67 games in a season (twice), and has only shot over 40% from three in 2 out of 16 seasons. Steph's worst full season 3pt% (41.1%) is identical to CP3's best 3pt% for a season. Paul is a quality shooter from three, but Steph is in a different stratosphere.
    I meant Paul George. I can see why you’re confused though. Atm I believe he is better than Steph

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol Paul George is nowhere near Steph Currys level man. Come on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paul George is having a great series against horrific defense. In no way shape or form is he Steph Curry.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1408980307789762561

Mike Breen's call during Clips' rally...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I meant Paul George. I can see why you’re confused though. Atm I believe he is better than Steph
    Ah, my bad. And I just got back inside from watering the yard and am sweaty & exhausted so I don't have the energy to do a similar statistical comparison

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah, my bad. And I just got back inside from watering the yard and am sweaty & exhausted so I don't have the energy to do a similar statistical comparison
    Itís cool. Iím not saying Steph is a bad player but itís just that Paul George is bigger stronger and a better defender/rebounder and these things tend to matter more in the playoffs. Steph is great. His stats are great, but when you rely on a point guard to lead your team (Tre Young and the ty East aside) you generally donít do that well in the playoffs. Dame is great. Steph is great. But you can bully them with size, go right back on them on the defensive side, and they canít do anything to stop your best player.

Paul George is going to have worse stats than both simply bc he was the #2 option on his team and Steph/Dame were number 1 options but when you have a player like Paul George as your #1 you can still make a deep playoff run even with a ty roster. The Clippers roster without Kawhi isnít better than any other roster in the West yet they beat Utah and if (Big as if and part of the problem) Paul George could make clutch free throws they would be in the finals. They still might make it regardless. And if they did, this playoff performance by Paul George is more impressive than any Steph or Dame has had

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s cool. I’m not saying Steph is a bad player but it’s just that Paul George is bigger stronger and a better defender/rebounder and these things tend to matter more in the playoffs. Steph is great. His stats are great, but when you rely on a point guard to lead your team (Tre Young and the ty East aside) you generally don’t do that well in the playoffs. Dame is great. Steph is great. But you can bully them with size, go right back on them on the defensive side, and they can’t do anything to stop your best player.

Paul George is going to have worse stats than both simply bc he was the #2 option on his team and Steph/Dame were number 1 options but when you have a player like Paul George as your #1 you can still make a deep playoff run even with a ty roster. The Clippers roster without Kawhi isn’t better than any other roster in the West yet they beat Utah and if (Big as if and part of the problem) Paul George could make clutch free throws they would be in the finals. They still might make it regardless. And if they did, this playoff performance by Paul George is more impressive than any Steph or Dame has had
    I agree with your post. Historically teams don't usually win les when their best player is small guards that are 6'3 or smaller. If you look at the last 40 years only Isiah Thomas and Stephen Curry has accomplished this feat. Isiah did it twice with the Pistons and Curry I would say only once with the Warriors in '15 since Durant was the best player on the next 2 le runs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uncle D making sure nephew makes it unharmed to his next contract, which is super important for them, he's the brains of their operation, Kawhi is a f.cking idiot. Whatever Uncle says goes, simple as that.

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with your post. Historically teams don't usually win les when their best player is small guards that are 6'3 or smaller. If you look at the last 40 years only Isiah Thomas and Stephen Curry has accomplished this feat. Isiah did it twice with the Pistons and Curry I would say only once with the Warriors in '15 since Durant was the best player on the next 2 le runs.
    Dumars, Lambeer, Rodman, Salley, Vinnie Johnson, Mahorn. That was a crazy stacked team of sheer mean basketball back then. Thomas I don't feel led that team. Lambeer was the defensive anchor an Dumars (especially in 89) was more of the scoring leader.

My memory is a bit hazy on the overall details since I was just a kid back then but I never really thought of them as Smith an the Pistons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dumars, Lambeer, Rodman, Salley, Vinnie Johnson, Mahorn. That was a crazy stacked team of sheer mean basketball back then. Thomas I don't feel led that team. Lambeer was the defensive anchor an Dumars (especially in 89) was more of the scoring leader.

My memory is a bit hazy on the overall details since I was just a kid back then but I never really thought of them as Smith an the Pistons.
    I mean you’re not wrong in how they built their toughness around Isiah but he was their leader and they went as he went. He was their best player and their closer too. But defensively, he was a sieve. But hey that’s why they drafted Dumars. They weren’t the Jordan and the Jordaniars by any sense, but when they needed something to happen, when they needed a bucket, when they needed a leader on the court, they went to Zeke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uncle D making sure nephew makes it unharmed to his next contract, which is super important for them, he's the brains of their operation, Kawhi is a f.cking idiot. Whatever Uncle says goes, simple as that.
    I know protecting his next contract was high on the speculation list when he shut it down with Spurs, too. Between that and "load management" I don't know why teams bend over backwards supporting his antics. The league has changed so much. I can't imagine a player in the 80's or 90's doing this. David was defending behemoths in the paint with a couple of compressed vertebrae the entire second half of his career. Kawhi would have been sitting in a wheelchair in the owner's box the whole time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not a Lebron fan, but he got roasted for walking to the locker room with 4 minutes left in one of their losses to the Suns. Kawhi is nowhere near the sidelines since his injury and the media says nothing.

Is it special treatment for Kawhi because he's "special"?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know protecting his next contract was high on the speculation list when he shut it down with Spurs, too. Between that and "load management" I don't know why teams bend over backwards supporting his antics. The league has changed so much. I can't imagine a player in the 80's or 90's doing this. David was defending behemoths in the paint with a couple of compressed vertebrae the entire second half of his career. Kawhi would have been sitting in a wheelchair in the owner's box the whole time.
    We all know he only has a few years left to play with his fragile body and ego. He is trying to maximize his pay at the expense of whatever team is dumb enough to pay it. I'm not a Lebron fan either and am anxiously waiting for him to retire, (he has only a few years left as well) but at least Lebron can take a foul. He whines and complains like a wounded mule with a bull horn but he can take a foul. Those same fouls would put kawhi in the hospital with his Uncle Dennis crying foul play.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is there still no word on what his actual injury is?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is there still no word on what his actual injury is?
    Can'tWipeAss-itis

I believe the full medical term is Noreachothebuttocks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not a Lebron fan, but he got roasted for walking to the locker room with 4 minutes left in one of their losses to the Suns. Kawhi is nowhere near the sidelines since his injury and the media says nothing.

Is it special treatment for Kawhi because he's "special"?
    Paul George also walked off the floor without shaking any hands, but somehow escapes any scrutiny.

Then again...that whole team is full of es so I can't say I'm surprised.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paul George also walked off the floor without shaking any hands, but somehow escapes any scrutiny.

Then again...that whole team is full of es so I can't say I'm surprised.
    I feel like that occurs more often than not these days. Didn’t the warriors not shake hands with the Cavs in 2016? It’s a pretty ass move but some fans are all about that. Paul George has always been a lowkey diva and soft player though. Can look no further than when dame hit that game winning shot against okc to eliminate them and PG crying afterwards that it was a “bad shot” and then dame calls him out after.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like that occurs more often than not these days. Didnít the warriors not shake hands with the Cavs in 2016? Itís a pretty ass move but some fans are all about that. Paul George has always been a lowkey diva and soft player though. Can look no further than when dame hit that game winning shot against okc to eliminate them and PG crying afterwards that it was a ďbad shotĒ and then dame calls him out after.
    Hate the Guests and all...but that wave-off was an all-time taunt by Lillard.

Like I said in the other thread, I don't mind these guys going after each other a bit (within reason). But you better back it up if you do.

Tim was able to break guys down with just a smile...after busting their ass on the court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hate the Guests and all...but that wave-off was an all-time taunt by Lillard.

Like I said in the other thread, I don't mind these guys going after each other a bit (within reason). But you better back it up if you do.

Tim was able to break guys down with just a smile...after busting their ass on the court.
    Except that one little Filipino dude.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    I would certainly argue that Paul is better than Steph and Lillard. Small guys who chuck away but donít help their teams when their shots donít fall. Golden St didnít even make the playoffs this year. And Dame got roasted by a team who was missing their entire starting backcourt.

Paul defends better, rebounds better, scores just as well and won a playoffs series which is more than Steph and Dame can say this year

Oh for s sake Paul George.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh for s sake Paul George.
    Did you bet money on the Clips or something to make it outta the west?

I told you that the Suns were winning the west at the beginning of the postseason. Can’t crucify a guy for losing to the best team of the west.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good to see Giannis and Trae cheering their teammates on from the sidelines tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Giannis and Trae are actually decent teammates and people. Hard to find in today's NBA.

Thread Information