My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a sports fan that tries to give every athletic game a chance, I find myself constantly tuning into baseball games only to never being able to seat through an entire encounter. The main culprit? The relievers' dance. It just makes the game lag so ing much. I know there have been some changes made to try and fix this, but I don't think they are enough, so I propose some changes to improve the pacing of the latter part of a baseball game. Please, long time fans, tell me if these are ridiculous or not.

1) This is no-brainer for me. Stop allowing the pitchers' coaches and catchers go talk to the pitcher on the mound. If a pitcher is struggling, let him figure it out for himself. Talk to him during innings. Nobody wants to see a gathering of folks talking through a baseball glove.

2) Another no-brainer. When a reliever comes in, don't waste time letting him warm up on the mound. All the warm up he needs should happen in the bullpen. As soon as a guy comes into the game he should start pitching right away. Maybe 2 or 3 warmup pitches, but that's it.

3) Now, onto some more controversial ideas. A reliever should pitch, at least, an entire inning (or get hooked after conceding 3 guys to get on base). It gets boring as when the game gets constantly interrumped by pitchers' changes every other batter.

4) a "pitch-clock" to speed up the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    let them all take steroids

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    7 innings..........shorter field..........pitch clock...........

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One,two and four are feasible IMO. Number three you're going to run into too many issues and too many malcontents even long after its implemented IMO.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baseball has turned into babying the pitchers so none of that will happen. They're now going the extra step to limit pitchers to 4-5 innings per outing so that's why you're seeing 3-4 pitcher changes per games no matter the circustance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a sports fan that tries to give every athletic game a chance, I find myself constantly tuning into baseball games only to never being able to seat through an entire encounter. The main culprit? The relievers' dance. It just makes the game lag so ing much. I know there have been some changes made to try and fix this, but I don't think they are enough, so I propose some changes to improve the pacing of the latter part of a baseball game. Please, long time fans, tell me if these are ridiculous or not.

1) This is no-brainer for me. Stop allowing the pitchers' coaches and catchers go talk to the pitcher on the mound. If a pitcher is struggling, let him figure it out for himself. Talk to him during innings. Nobody wants to see a gathering of folks talking through a baseball glove.

2) Another no-brainer. When a reliever comes in, don't waste time letting him warm up on the mound. All the warm up he needs should happen in the bullpen. As soon as a guy comes into the game he should start pitching right away. Maybe 2 or 3 warmup pitches, but that's it.

3) Now, onto some more controversial ideas. A reliever should pitch, at least, an entire inning (or get hooked after conceding 3 guys to get on base). It gets boring as when the game gets constantly interrumped by pitchers' changes every other batter.

4) a "pitch-clock" to speed up the game.
    I think in line with Ohtani becoming a sensation, they also need to find ways to make the players that appeal to casuals play more. The fact that ohtani has to sit or resort to pinch hitter in NL games he is not pitching is unacceptable.

Walks continue to be defended by more seasoned fans because it is a “strategy” but if I have the TV on and I see Vlad at bat and they intentionally walk him..I’m closing the TV. You need casuals and you have the chance to convert them to fans, but it’s hard when these rules exist.

Maybe do something llke. The second intentional walk against player results in a scored run for the batter...third walk against the same player, it’s a two base run just to avoid manipulations long that rule

Thread Information