Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So that they would bite on a sign and trade? Moneywise it would work.

Pros for Spurs.
    - get a youngish Star Player with four years on his contract
    - could easily replace DDR of last season
    - could attract other players to come to SA
    - big upgrade defensively
    Cons for Spurs.
    - 33/35/38/40M per year over the remainder of his contract
    - another non shooter
    - might force his way out of SA

Pros for 76ers.
    - not as good a playmaker as Simmons, but still more than capable
    - good FT shooter
    - they have enough shooting to make up for his lack of 3s
    Cons for 76ers.
    - bad defender
    - reputation of beeing a playoff choker

a) Would SA do this S&T?
    b) Would Philly do it?
    c) Should I visit a head doctor?
    d) all of the above

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons has been terrible for them in the playoffs but I don't think they'll see DDR as being an upgrade. They'll likely try to trade Simmons in a package for Beal/Lillard and the like. Whether other teams bite is another matter entirely.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ben simmons is considered a superstar, for whatever reason, so unfortunately the 76ers would want like 5 first round picks for him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe if we throw in LWIV?

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we ask “pretty please” it might swing the deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont see him as an improvement for Philly. Demar to me is a Tobias Harris level player.

I think even if the 76ers win this series, and its looking like they won’t, they need to trade Simmons, and should have already made efforts to do that. He reminds me of Donkey in a way, good defensive player, good playmaker, but that is all they are, specially now that Donkey doesnt look to score most of the time. Still even Donkey will shoot a 3 and is a better FT shooter. Its to the point, that one has to think many players would be an improvement.

Demar is kind of one of the worse targets they could look at.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 06-17-2021 at 07:51 AM.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why sign and trade. ST members think most teams would part with a player for next to nothing simply to shed a contract.

Using ST logic we should be able to get Simmons and a 1st so long as we’re willing to take that contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why sign and trade. ST members think most teams would part with a player for next to nothing simply to shed a contract.

Using ST logic we should be able to get Simmons and a 1st so long as we’re willing to take that contract.
    Histrionic response. Teams attach picks to BAD contracts, not just A contract.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. A player that won’t or can’t make 3s is a liability. Why would they trade one problem for another. At least Ben plays defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A 76er team with a healthy Derrick White would be an incredibly good team. A 76er team with DeRozan would just be a different kind of flawed team.

The 76ers have a lot of good parts that just don't fit together. Thybulle is an amazing defender, but it's a disaster if you play him and Simmons together.

I also couldn't help noticing that Furkan Korkmaz-- my favorite free agent target for the Spurs-- was +22 in 29 minutes last night. I think players like him are the ones the Spurs should be looking for-- on their way up (he's shown improvement each of his 4 years), young (23), & not considered a "star," so less expensive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeMar could help a lot of the teams that bowed out during these playoffs but only if those teams would have the same roster. The 76ers without Simmons take a big step backwards defensively. As for Simmons-yes, he'd make the Spurs defensively stout but the spurs need offense and Simmons is not going to cure that problem at all. In fact, I really don't know what kind of trade value Simmons has at this time. He's not even taking shots anymore and he's afraid to drive to the basket because he doesn't want to get fouled. He's a mental train wreck at the moment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My money would be on DeMar signing a FA deal with the Lakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i guess it depends on how much of pay cut demar would take. i'm not familiar with the lakers' current cap space but i'd imagine they don't have much, if any.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i guess it depends on how much of pay cut demar would take. i'm not familiar with the lakers' current cap space but i'd imagine they don't have much, if any.
    I can see DeRozen taking a 1 year 18 million contract with the fakers. the spurs might even get lucky a do a sign and trade with the fakers DeRozen for Kyle Kuzma even up. The lakers don't want Kuzma any more and the trade beats letting DeRozen go for nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as he isnt here i dont give a

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see DeRozen taking a 1 year 18 million contract with the fakers. the spurs might even get lucky a do a sign and trade with the fakers DeRozen for Kyle Kuzma even up. The lakers don't want Kuzma any more and the trade beats letting DeRozen go for nothing.
    yeah, i'm not crazy about kuzma but i'd take him if no one else was available.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. A player that won’t or can’t make 3s is a liability. Why would they trade one problem for another. At least Ben plays defense.
    I mean I'm not a big Demar fan ONLY because his type of game does not fit in "modern day NBA" and with the Spurs personnel. BUT, to say that Simmons is better? Younger, yes. Just see below stats comparison. Demar is a better scorer with almost 7pts more, better finisher at the rim with twice the Ft attempt than Simmons, and higher conversion at 88% vs 61%. I mean would Sixers trade for Demar? Maybe not, but I can see Demar as a better clutch player. And he would not be the 1st option in that team. You put Demar as a 2nd or 3rd option in a contender? I think he'll be great.

Demar Derozan
    G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% eFG% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
    61 61 33.7 7.5 15.1 .495 0.3 1.2 .257 7.1 13.9 .515 .505 6.3 7.2 .880 0.7 3.6 4.2 6.9 0.9 0.2 2.0 2.1 21.6

Ben Simmons
    58 58 32.4 5.6 10.1 .557 0.1 0.2 .300 5.6 9.9 .562 .560 3.0 4.9 .613 1.6 5.6 7.2 6.9 1.6 0.6 3.0 2.9 14.3
    Last edited by John B; 06-17-2021 at 01:05 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch Demar pumpfake our guys to a tune of 25pts every time

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A 76er team with a healthy Derrick White would be an incredibly good team. A 76er team with DeRozan would just be a different kind of flawed team.

The 76ers have a lot of good parts that just don't fit together. Thybulle is an amazing defender, but it's a disaster if you play him and Simmons together.

I also couldn't help noticing that Furkan Korkmaz-- my favorite free agent target for the Spurs-- was +22 in 29 minutes last night. I think players like him are the ones the Spurs should be looking for-- on their way up (he's shown improvement each of his 4 years), young (23), & not considered a "star," so less expensive.
    Then we could have the F*cking Corn Maze of Furkan Korkmaz

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch Demar pumpfake our guys to a tune of 25pts every time
    Every former Spur always looks all-world against us, so DeMar will likely light us up for 40.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't do a sign and trade with a 1-year deal. Deals should be 3 or 4 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every former Spur always looks all-world against us, so DeMar will likely light us up for 40.
    True and ST ing all day after

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean I'm not a big Demar fan ONLY because his type of game does not fit in "modern day NBA" and with the Spurs personnel. BUT, to say that Simmons is better? Younger, yes. Just see below stats comparison. Demar is a better scorer with almost 7pts more, better finisher at the rim with twice the Ft attempt than Simmons, and higher conversion at 88% vs 61%. I mean would Sixers trade for Demar? Maybe not, but I can see Demar as a better clutch player. And he would not be the 1st option in that team. You put Demar as a 2nd or 3rd option in a contender? I think he'll be great.

Demar Derozan
    G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% eFG% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
    61 61 33.7 7.5 15.1 .495 0.3 1.2 .257 7.1 13.9 .515 .505 6.3 7.2 .880 0.7 3.6 4.2 6.9 0.9 0.2 2.0 2.1 21.6

Ben Simmons
    58 58 32.4 5.6 10.1 .557 0.1 0.2 .300 5.6 9.9 .562 .560 3.0 4.9 .613 1.6 5.6 7.2 6.9 1.6 0.6 3.0 2.9 14.3
    That's what I meant. DDR likes to go to the line, so that would eleminate a major weakness Philly has with Simmons now. Playing with Embiid as the #1 option he could thrive. Also he'd have some legit shooters to open lanes for his driving game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They refer to Simmons as a budding superstar, but I don't see it. They wanted him to be the next Magic Johnson, I think, but he hasn't seemed that concerned about improving the weak parts of his game.

If he's a superstar, and Embid is a superstar, the Sixers have failed miserably as a team.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons has been the same player for 5 years now. A GM with a brain would have traded him 3 years ago. There is no way a serious guy keeps a guy that is scared to shoot on a basketball team. If he's a superstar, then so was Michael Carter Williams. Anyhow, if the 76ers wanna win, this is it. Everyone is injured, so now is the time. They dont have a lot of time before Embiid ends his career.

Thread Information