Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he commits to shooting right handed, get it done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he leave like how claw left, this clown wants a bigger market for the minimal he does on the floor...guy is a fkn scrub

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so you guys want to get rid of a guy that can't shoot 3s and disappears in the 4th for a guy that can't shoot at all and disappears in the 4th? hahaha.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so you guys want to get rid of a guy that can't shoot 3s and disappears in the 4th for a guy that can't shoot at all and disappears in the 4th? hahaha.
    It's not that. He is 24 and runner up defensive player of the year. Also his value is all-time low. If the Sixers value DDR as Embid running mate with Harris, the Spurs absolutely should let it happen. Then work out the fit later because time is on their side.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not that. He is 24 and runner up defensive player of the year. Also his value is all-time low. If the Sixers value DDR as Embid running mate with Harris, the Spurs absolutely should let it happen. Then work out the fit later because time is on their side.
    If they actually go for Simmons, they would need to work out the fit right away or we'll be seeing another unwatchable season.

Even if Demar leaves and we get a 40% 3pt shooter in his place, we'd still have 2 subpar (DJ and Keldon) shooter and a non-shooter (Jakob) in the starting lineup. Which is still bad for today's game.
    With Simmons, Jakob would be gone. There's literally no way to play Simmons without a legit 3pt big. Someone like Turner would be ideal.

But as we all know, the front office is really conservative when it comes to roster moves and nothing will happen.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has anyone thought to ask whether Simmons has gotten over himself?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean Dejounte is with Klutch and he's been fine... so far. I think taking a chance on Simmons when the Spurs have nothing to lose is a fine option. We suck and will continue to suck for a while. DeRozan is likely gone anyway so why let him walk for nothing? We have cap space no serious free agent wants anyway.
    Klutch actually broke ties with Marcus Morris after the Knicks debacle. Rich Paul seems to understand that perception is important and that the agency will have to stand on its own merits when LeBron retires and other players fill the vacuum, and have their own wares to sell.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea... the clutch thing doesn't concern me at all... Bruce Bowens comments yesterday that we'd give up anything to get Simmons does a little though..

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rolling the dice on Simmons makes sense in theory unless we score in the lottery draw tonight, and then I'd probably pass if we are in the top 4.

But so many factors to consider and to have to work through:

1. Acquiring him without gutting the team.
    2. Get him to shoot right handed.
    3. Get him to play point forward.
    4. Get him to actually show up and not pull a nephew.
    5. Re-sign Patty and hope for a Disney Sports movie type scenario where he commits to reinventing himself after hitting rock bottom (San Antonio).
    6. Deal with Kendall Jenner and her team, potentially.
    7. Likely convince Pop to return to oversee Ben's first year because it's probably too much for a new coach to handle unless it's Bud, and this does seem like a Bud coaching change scenario that fits him.

But otherwise, sounds like a piece of cake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should kick the tires on Simmons availability. We all know Morey loves his trades. He is getting traded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

NBA Central
    @TheNBACentral

2h

Bruce Bowen says Gregg Popovich would trade ‘anyone’ on Spurs roster for Ben Simmons"I know Pop very well and I assure you they would trade anyone on the Spurs roster for Ben Simmons."

Bruce Bowen says Gregg Popovich would trade ‘anyone’ on Spurs roster for Ben Simmons
    Former San Antonio Spurs forward Bruce Bowen thinks that head coach and team president Gregg Popovich would be open to trading any player on the Spurs’ roster in a deal for Philadelphia 76ers point...
    ahnfiredigital.com

I mean it would be a lot of overhauling the personnel to add shooters around him. As somebody mentioned Donkey thrived with two of the best shooters this game has seen, Klay and Curry. Maybe play Samanic or Dieng in the C. The problem is a Forbes/Mills/Beli type who chucks 3's without playing defense. But still Draymond would occasionally shoot the 3, misguided at times but the play calls for him to take the shot.
    Last edited by John B; 06-22-2021 at 01:50 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

But so many factors to consider and to have to work through:

1. Acquiring him without gutting the team.

The Spurs are looking at $50 M in cap space. And $77 M below the luxury tax. All we’d need is an open roster spot.

5. Re-sign Patty ...

The only way Simmons would pay any attention to Patty is if he woke up one morning with Patty’s severed head in his bed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't want Simmons generally, but I definitely wouldn't want him with that massive contract. His style of play prevented a team with an MVP level player and seven teammates shooting above 35% from three from advancing against an Atlanta team not even at full strength... I can see the appeal for some, but to me it looks like a case of five steps forward and five and a half steps back. His own coach and teammates were so exasperated with his play that they essentially threw him under the bus after game 7. I'd much rather land Paul Reed and Furkan Korkmaz on the cheap, and move forward from there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...stantly-babied

C'mon, he's still a rookie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmon’s shooting looks a lot like Poeltl’s btw. Mostly within 10 ft of the basket. And Poeltl has better percentages than Simmons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the talk from rivers today sounded like a coach who was thinking of keeping simmons although the talk from morey wasn't as committal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the talk from rivers today sounded like a coach who was thinking of keeping simmons although the talk from morey wasn't as committal.
    The talk from Doc was a guy trying to keep his job . Simmons is 24 yrs old and considered as part of that building block. Unless it’s Embiid coming out saying he can no longer work with the guy, Simmons will stay and Doc has no choice but to make amends But he’s said what he really meant and they would see what’s available offers. I doubt it would be a Derozan though. I think he’ll go for a Beal or Lillard, but it would be a win now and not waste another MVP year of Embiid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...stantly-babied

C'mon, he's still a rookie.
    Sounds like another Kawhi

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They’re worried about taking too big a loss on his contract. As things stand, right at the moment, they are looking ahead at being $20 M over the cap and within $5 M of the luxury tax next season. As they look at various possibilities they’ll have to be very careful about the money. And of course they want a replacement good enough to keep them winning. Not a happy situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The talk from Doc was a guy trying to keep his job . Simmons is 24 yrs old and considered as part of that building block. Unless it’s Embiid coming out saying he can no longer work with the guy, Simmons will stay and Doc has no choice but to make amends But he’s said what he really meant and they would see what’s available offers. I doubt it would be a Derozan though. I think he’ll go for a Beal or Lillard, but it would be a win now and not waste another MVP year of Embiid.
    i can't see portland giving up lillard for simmons. mccollum yes but not lillard. beal for simmons might make more sense since the wizards just need to try whateve in the they can to be relevant.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i can't see portland giving up lillard for simmons. mccollum yes but not lillard. beal for simmons might make more sense since the wizards just need to try whateve in the they can to be relevant.
    Can you imagine the spacing nightmare of Simmons and Westbrook in a SL

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons is a nice shiny object that I was trying to figure out how to get him here but I have talked myself out of it now. His lack of shooting and confidence is too risky for the price of his contract. You can't play old school hardass with him if he were to come to your team because he knows he is getting big checks no matter what and whoever trades for him has to believe they can "fix" him.

I would imagine PATFO has already spoken with Brett Brown about what he is really like.

Kardashian stuff is a bad sign, he evidently likes to party (wouldn't be happy in sleepy SA), family is involved (Nephew) and doesn't want to put in the work. Chip is a good coach but the player has to do the work.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah hard pass on Simmons dude can't even make free throws am not going to pay him 30 mill a year and not hit his free throws or have an outside shot no way hard pass

Thread Information