Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People, Philly needs a pg not DDR, an actual ing pg. What they need to do is pretty obvious, go after Lowry and somehow ditch Simmons. DDR for Simmons will never ever ever happen.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn Simmons sucks so bad and he on a 30+ million a year contract sucks to be Philly - Side note is Doc setting up to be the worst Playoff coach in NBA history?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Trading for Simmons would be a chore. It would possibly mean the Spurs dealing away most of the young players, future draft picks, or possibly sign-and-trade with DeMar DeRozan.

Sigh..amd so the rumor an innuendo begins

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading for Simmons would be a chore. It would possibly mean the Spurs dealing away most of the young players, future draft picks, or possibly sign-and-trade with DeMar DeRozan.

Sigh..amd so the rumor an innuendo begins
    I don't think he'll be valued that high...but regardless ..I'm just posting the article to show the Vegas odds...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah , just do it. DeMar for Simmons. Git r dun

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On second thought, it

If Spurs can sign and trade ddr for Simmons then Do It

Can’t be worse than DJM being our best player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go for it! We need more good draft picks for the next two years. Where’s that darn tank graphic...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d rather pay Simmons $35 mil than pay Collins $30 mil. I think the former has more upside even though looks bleak right now. Collins looks like a stiff. Simmons’ handling ability at least gives him a base to work with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the Ben Simmons scouting report from 5 years ago, pre-draft. This reads like it could've been written yesterday. Eerie how little his game has progressed.
    Sure, the guy is a defensive menace but he wants to be a PG without the burden, responsibilities that come with it.

In the bubble last year, Brett Brown tried to get him to play 4 - knowing the limitations within his game; he then pouted, gave minimal effort and then suffered an unfortunate season ending injury.

DJ is the better overall player atm and has shown a willingness to work at his game which has lead to consistent improvement (even through a missed season with injury).

A Demar for Simmons trade wouldn't help either team in addressing their various deficiencies.

Poeltl and Simmons would be unplayable together on Offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only trade I'd do is something like Eubanks for Simmons and 2 firsts from Philly. That's how bad I wouldn't want Simmons on the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the Ben Simmons scouting report from 5 years ago, pre-draft. This reads like it could've been written yesterday. Eerie how little his game has progressed.
    Sure, the guy is a defensive menace but he wants to be a PG without the burden, responsibilities that come with it.

In the bubble last year, Brett Brown tried to get him to play 4 - knowing the limitations within his game; he then pouted, gave minimal effort and then suffered an unfortunate season ending injury.

DJ is the better overall player atm and has shown a willingness to work at his game which has lead to consistent improvement (even through a missed season with injury).

A Demar for Simmons trade wouldn't help either team in addressing their various deficiencies.

Poeltl and Simmons would be unplayable together on Offense.
    I think fans missed the sarcasm in my last remark. Dejounte has worked hard to improve and stays aggressive regardless of what’s going on. White is the better offensive player as well, and has also improved. People were going insane with Whites lack of confidence as he was developing, etc. I can’t blame Philly fans losing patience with Ben Simmons.

If Simmons had a better desire to improve he’d be worth it, but by now we know hes not going to do what it takes to improve and is soft mentally, the worst aspect in basketball.

Yes his stock is at an all time low, but he’s talented. I wouldn’t be upset if the Spurs trade for him bc they either swim or sink at this point and there is still upside with Simmons, its just the mental game — he’s absolutely lacking. That’s is why I said, oh well, if he doesn’t work out, there’s always the lottery.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d rather pay Simmons $35 mil than pay Collins $30 mil. I think the former has more upside even though looks bleak right now. Collins looks like a stiff. Simmons’ handling ability at least gives him a base to work with.
    I’m with you

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To those that are comparing Simmons to Bennett, should at this point get off there computers, Phones..Etc and should probably start watching some Nba. Simmons as a player is still a postive value player, It's his contract that's a big negative. If we can work out a deal, a sign and trade with demar for Simmons, Especially if the Orgnizations beleives it can improve Simmons. You can put him at Pf, and before people complain, he's dealing with Pop. Put KJ at sf and this improves the defense. offensivly, I full anticipate, a better offensive minded players for most of out guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If murray can continue to find that 3 ball theres still a slim chance a murray/simmons backcourt wouldnt be one of the worst shooting backcourts ever

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He hasn't changed since he got drafted I think Poodle is a better shooter then Simmons and that is saying something

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After the egg he laid on the big stage his value is gonna tank. I wouldn't trade any picks or young players we have currently for him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think fans missed the sarcasm in my last remark. Dejounte has worked hard to improve and stays aggressive regardless of what’s going on. White is the better offensive player as well, and has also improved. People were going insane with Whites lack of confidence as he was developing, etc. I can’t blame Philly fans losing patience with Ben Simmons.

If Simmons had a better desire to improve he’d be worth it, but by now we know hes not going to do what it takes to improve and is soft mentally, the worst aspect in basketball.

Yes his stock is at an all time low, but he’s talented. I wouldn’t be upset if the Spurs trade for him bc they either swim or sink at this point and there is still upside with Simmons, its just the mental game — he’s absolutely lacking. That’s is why I said, oh well, if he doesn’t work out, there’s always the lottery.
    My reticence with Simmons is that he was handed the keys from day dot and really hasn’t improved enough Offensively to be a max player deserving of said moniker.
    There just isn’t enough evidence to suggest he is malleable to a different position moving forward. He had a go at reforming his shot before but then put it in the too hard basket.

I don’t want to commit to a complimentary Max player who requires a roster reshuffle to maximise his talents.
    For me, he’s not good enough to commit to the changes necessary to make him a game changing player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really like Simmons' potential and believe Chip and Pop could make it work. So DDR (+LWIV) for him would make me happy. Only thing worrying me is him being with Clutch.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really like Simmons' potential and believe Chip and Pop could make it work. So DDR (+LWIV) for him would make me happy. Only thing worrying me is him being with Clutch.
    I mean Dejounte is with Klutch and he's been fine... so far. I think taking a chance on Simmons when the Spurs have nothing to lose is a fine option. We suck and will continue to suck for a while. DeRozan is likely gone anyway so why let him walk for nothing? We have cap space no serious free agent wants anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How would Simmons do in the diaw role?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How would Simmons do in the diaw role?
    But in the starting lineup, so we run the offense through Simmons playing a soft 4?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean Dejounte is with Klutch and he's been fine... so far. I think taking a chance on Simmons when the Spurs have nothing to lose is a fine option. We suck and will continue to suck for a while. DeRozan is likely gone anyway so why let him walk for nothing? We have cap space no serious free agent wants anyway.
    Simmons is still owed 146mil in the next 4 years. That's about 35mil per year for a player you can't play in the 4th quarter because they will hack-a-Simmons?

Thread Information