View Poll Results: Who is your favorite prospect so far?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Corey Kispert

0 0%
  • Josh Giddey

17 16.04%
  • Alperen Sengun

18 16.98%
  • Kai Jones

14 13.21%
  • Franz Wagner

23 21.70%
  • Moses Moody

22 20.75%
  • James Bouknight

4 3.77%
  • Jalen Johnson

4 3.77%
  • Usman Garuba

2 1.89%
  • Keon Johnson

2 1.89%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We did this last year, you know the drill...

This will be strictly with players expected to be there at #12. So guys like Cade, Mobley, Kuminga, Green, Suggs, etc. won't be part of the poll.

If there's a popular opinion for a player not included in the poll, I'll add them in next month's thread and remove the player who receives the least votes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moody Moody Moody

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wagner, Giddey, Moody in that order

Giddey has kinda crazy potential. Wagner seems like a good bet to immediately contribute in some capacity. Moody I need to watch more but I like what I’ve seen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sengun/Moody/Giddey....in that order for me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tacko Falls younger brother.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scottie

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moody

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade for Cade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moody and Wagner are equal for me, both are young but also have skills that the Spurs need. I also really like that both of their teams went far in the tourney.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wagner Great overall game. We need players that can shoot and rebound.
    Kispert Really good shooting and not afraid to take the 3, definitely need that.
    Moody We lose a big guard we draft a big guard
    Giddy Jak could really use his passing ability for some easy buckets
    One of these guys should be available when the spurs pick. With some of our vets leaving any of them could help the spurs immediately. Now if we can draft a big or a good passer in the 2nd round...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.tankathon.com/players/com...-devin-vassell

Quick comparison for Moody and our young wings coming out of college, what stands out the most is that free throw rate. That’s something the team will need to replace in the future once Derozan leaves. Outside of centers, Moody was I believe top 3 in free throw rate amongst draft prospects.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sengun/Moody/Giddey....in that order for me
    Same.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Quick comparison for Moody and our young wings coming out of college, what stands out the most is that free throw rate. That’s something the team will need to replace in the future once Derozan leaves. Outside of centers, Moody was I believe top 3 in free throw rate amongst draft prospects.
    Yeah, I heard he is really good at drawing fouls driving to the rim as well as flopping while shooting by kicking his leg out, yet evidently he has problems finishing at the rim at the same time. That’s the part of his game I’m still trying to get more info on.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jones or Wagner. I’ve voted for Wagner, because he seems to be more ready to play. He‘s a good overall player & checks a lot of boxes, although I think that Kai Jones has the higher ceiling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kai Jones, Tre Mann and Jaden Springer.

There are other prospects I like too but they’re the 3 I keep coming back to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moody for the time being, with Wagner a close second. I don't want Wagner mainly because I don't see more than a role-player in him, and I have high hopes for Luka next season. If Luka is given a bigger role and minutes, and fails to produce, I'd be all aboard for drafting a PF next season... But he's glimpsed just enough this season (and had his minutes/role mismanaged just enough, too) that I wouldn't have it as my first choice.

Now, with DeRozan almost gone, there's a big scoring hole to be filled, and I don't really see any of our existing guards being the natural scorers needed to fill that position. It'd seem counter-intuitive to draft yet another guard (could Moody pass as a SF? I don't know tbh), but we don't have any sure-fire stars in the roster at the moment, so there's no "set" position on the team. I'd also personally like for the Spurs to sell high on DJ, and that becomes exponentially easier to swallow for the FO if they're drafting a potential replacement for his scoring abilities with White being able to handle the floor-general side of things.

Shoot-for-the-fences pick is Kai, I like him. I haven't done nearly enough diligence on this draft class to make a more informed opinion on it or other prospects.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not informed enough to have a favorite.... maybe in due time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

2 things that stood out were how many green dots under Vassel and how many red dots under Lonnie.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I voted Wagner because IMO the only path I see to the Spurs becoming relevant again is if Saminic breaks out which I 100% believe he will and Wagner could possibly give us one of the best defensive front lines with Poeltl, Luka and Franz—the Foreign Legion. The likelihood that if he blossoms that he would stay in SA also plays a role.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crazy that it's time for this again. Last year went by fast.

Thanks for doing these (again)!

I want a guy who is tall as for his position, moves well literally, and can shoot from 3.

Which guy is that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I voted Wagner because IMO the only path I see to the Spurs becoming relevant again is if Saminic breaks out which I 100% believe he will and Wagner could possibly give us one of the best defensive front lines with Poeltl, Luka and Franz—the Foreign Legion. The likelihood that if he blossoms that he would stay in SA also plays a role.
    Love that idea. But there's so much uncertainty with our players, in part because how they are used, and I'm definitely thinking of Luka here. If we somehow knew Luka would get the same minutes Lonnie got this year, then I'd be onboard for a lot of different scenarios in the draft.

Anyway, so many moving parts: player development, FO philosophy, who the coach is, who the coach plays. Hijole.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wow-- the last box where Vassell is all green and Lonnie is all red is a little scary. Vassell was definitely looked upon favorably by advanced stats.

Here's Moody, Wagner, and Vassell: http://www.tankathon.com/players/com...-devin-vassell

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Going with the Texas connection with Kai Jones.

Kid definitely needs to refine his game, but at 6'11 and a 7'1 wingspan, he has size and athleticism and knows how to run. Guys can learn to play basketball better, but you can't teach size.

Has a decent shooting touch and enough range to be a stretch 4, would need to put on some weight to be a true 5.

Remains to be seen if Dieng sticks around, but either way....the Spurs need some shooting, some help in the post, and need to stop pretending like guys like DeMar and KJ are true power forwards.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kid definitely needs to refine his game, but at 6'11 and a 7'1 wingspan, he has size and athleticism and knows how to run. Guys can learn to play basketball better, but you can't teach size.

Has a decent shooting touch and enough range to be a stretch 4, would need to put on some weight to be a true 5.

Remains to be seen if Dieng sticks around, but either way....the Spurs need some shooting, some help in the post, and need to stop pretending like guys like DeMar and KJ are true power forwards.
    This cannot be stressed enough. It's like the office was listening too intently to their lying wives; size matters. Alot.

Enough of the midgetball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kai's measurables are likely to be off the charts at the combine.

I'm not that big on measurables but many GMs are.

That's a big reason Kai probably won't be available at 12.

Thread Information