So is this a good or bad thing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is this a good or bad thing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sixth Street looks like a private equity fund with headquarters in Frisco, but offices in Dallas and Houston. Dell is big around Austin. Could this be a move to put more capital into Spurs, and push the franchise more toward getting Austin business interests involved with the Spurs??

No knowledge just asking questions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Mike Finger
    Mikefinger

1h OK, I can translate this for everybody. Basically a bunch of minority owners wanted to cash out, because the valuation of the team had skyrocketed, and Dell/Sixth Street bought the shares from them.

Mike Finger
    Mikefinger
    1h There were 22 investors before. Now there are about 12. But an important result of this is Peter John Holt now is the exclusive authority. No more committee. What Holt says goes.

Mike Finger Mikefinger

One of the minority owners who remain: David Robinson.
    5:29pm · 18 Jun 2021 · Tweetbot for iΟS

Mike Finger Mikefinger
    1h
    Was told Popovich and RC are fully on board. And theoretically this could be better for them because if they want to do something, they just need one Holt’s go-ahead, instead of the old committee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what does it all mean?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Mike Finger
    Mikefinger

1h OK, I can translate this for everybody. Basically a bunch of minority owners wanted to cash out, because the valuation of the team had skyrocketed, and Dell/Sixth Street bought the shares from them.

Mike Finger
    Mikefinger
    1h There were 22 investors before. Now there are about 12. But an important result of this is Peter John Holt now is the exclusive authority. No more committee. What Holt says goes.

Mike Finger Mikefinger

It’s good if PATFO and the Holts have a good relationship and now they can pursue things without asking for the permission of 21 others.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Mike Finger
    Mikefinger

Mike Finger
    Mikefinger

Mike Finger Mikefinger

Mike Finger Mikefinger
    1h
    Was told Popovich and RC are fully on board. And theoretically this could be better for them because if they want to do something, they just need one Holt’s go-ahead, instead of the old committee.

good tweets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can only assume a holt having move power in sa is a good thing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what does it all mean?
    it means the management tree is pretty slim with just wright and baby holt now in charge. Expect a weak coach, and pop and buford in the shadows.

also makes the team easier to sell, but still not easy. The biggest thing keeping spurs here is the arena lease fwiw not ownership.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it means the management tree is pretty slim with just wright and baby holt now in charge. Expect a weak coach, and pop and buford in the shadows.

also makes the team easier to sell, but still not easy. The biggest thing keeping spurs here is the arena lease fwiw not ownership.
    The narrative that the Spurs are so upset being in SA with a great arena situation and an amazing local fan base is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever heard. They are not going anywhere in our lifetime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Why do people think that Pop is staying on? He’s already sold his house here, and has had one foot out the door for close to two years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do people think that Pop is staying on? He’s already sold his house here, and has had one foot out the door for close to two years.
    pop will come to practice and he'll take the calls from wright and the new coach, that's about it

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    austin here we come & its very welcomed............no more not being able to no sign free agents.......spurs will be the go to free agent market now along with miami/ny/la

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can only assume a holt having move power in sa is a good thing
    Yup

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sixth Street is private equity money (used to be part of TPG), but of the people you meet in that business, they’re among the nicest / most honest. For whatever that’s worth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holt gives money to republicans
    He can tolerate liberals like pop
    But has no balls to fire him for his bad coaching

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If anyone remembers this younger Holt was the euphoric kid repping Stephen Jackson courtside during that clinching game 6 vs your Dallas Mavericks in 2003 WCF. The one where Jax and Kerr turned the game around with dagger 3s in the 4th.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not going to matter in least with terrible FO and retired in place coach

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seen this on the news.

I figure with Dell involved it should theoretically be a good thing for keeping the team in San Antonio or Texas as a whole.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If anyone remembers this younger Holt was the euphoric kid repping Stephen Jackson courtside during that clinching game 6 vs your Dallas Mavericks in 2003 WCF. The one where Jax and Kerr turned the game around with dagger 3s in the 4th.
    Stack has referred to him as a close friend multiple times in interviews over the years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sixth Street is private equity money (used to be part of TPG), but of the people you meet in that business, they’re among the nicest / most honest. For whatever that’s worth.
    It's still PE money. If the Holts divest that majority stake to an ins utional investor there probably will be plans to move the Spurs elsewhere if a potentially more profitable location presents itself. PE is investing to EXTRACT VALUE, hopefully that value can be unlocked in SA. I wonder if they have any other sports teams in their holdings.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stack has referred to him as a close friend multiple times in interviews over the years.
    Stack refers to everybody as a close friend in his interviews. He's even said he's good friends with Kawhi which I don't believe for a second.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At worst, I could see a play to move the team to Austin or maybe in between the 2 cities... in between wouldn't be the worst thing, but it would be bad for the city.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's still PE money. If the Holts divest that majority stake to an ins utional investor there probably will be plans to move the Spurs elsewhere if a potentially more profitable location presents itself. PE is investing to EXTRACT VALUE, hopefully that value can be unlocked in SA. I wonder if they have any other sports teams in their holdings.
    Would NBA board of governers allow that?

Thread Information