Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I personally don't really care for what happened in 2018. Ugly divorce usually has problems on both sides. PATFO has been making bad decisions for a while, hesitated to max Kawhi twice while handing out the equivalent of a max contract to Gasol and Mills.

I will always cheer for Kawhi. He has the highest win rate of all time and like Duncan, he does so many things outside of stats to help a team win. He is a superstar who does a lot of dirty work, doesn't dominate the ball, and allows role players like Mann to grow. He is also insanely coachable compared to LeBron's and Luka's.

Duncan was my favorite player of all time and I don't believe I will see another player who can win 5 rings in a small market. And for that reason alone I really believe he is underrated against Kareem, LeBron, Magic and Bird of the world, even if his individual stats are not as fancy as them, even if he is not as good of a 1v1 player as say, Hakeem or Shaq. His game sense, knowing exactly where to be on the court, knowing exactly what the team needs, is what gave him more team success than everyone else not named Michael Jordan with the weakest supporting cast of anyone who ever won 3 or more rings.

And Kawhi is the same way. Rookie Kawhi helped Spurs go from first round exit to conference finals. For all the talks about the beautiful game, Kawhi cancelled out peak LeBron for three straight games after we lost home court advantage in 2014 finals, and saved Spurs from a 1998 Utah Jazz ending. I will always remember him fondly and he is the closest thing to Duncan. He is not as dominant as LeBron, KD or even Harden in 1v1 offense, but the winning culture he brought to Raptors and Clippers, it is just like Tim Duncan.
    Last edited by hitmantb; 06-20-2021 at 12:05 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, Kawhi is and will always be a in my book.

Tim Duncan would never quit on his team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nephew. Any self respecting Spurs fan wouldn't cheer for that gimp piece of . Putting him in the same breath as Duncan in any way, shape, or form is disrespectful to a true G like Timmy

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah the way Kawhi left, will never sit well with me, him. He destroyed is trade value, and essentially set the franchise back years.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi quit on the organization with two years remaining on his (lucrative) contract.
    Let us proceed.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh nope. Yes both sides played a role in the mess but the ball was in Kawhi’s court at the end, no pun intended. Plus that whole hiding out thing was just the sissiest move.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This should go in the NBA forum. Move on already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh no.. He'll go down in history as a selfish injury prone (When he's NOT Faking) lousy Team-Mate..

A mute that constantly load manages.. He must be beloved in the locker room..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jokic is actually right now the true heir to Tim Duncan. He's like Duncan when it comes to basketball IQ on the court. He has the same mentality as Duncan which is he will do whatever it takes to win whether its only scoring 5 points or 40 points. He also has a great post up game like Duncan. What he lacks is Duncan's great lateral mobility which limits him on defense.

Jokic has Duncan's character from what I have seen. He's a team guy and he's not about drama and wants to have a unified team in the locker room.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi, dirty work? On the court? He's an efficient chucker nowadays, who breaks down as games/season progress. what did he do to improve Mann, he wasn't even in the building! He is nothing like Tim Duncan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Snake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No! no!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I believe you'd get your ass kicked, sayin' somethin' like that, man

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I believe you'd get your ass kicked, sayin' somethin' like that, man
    I'll tell you what I'd do, man..... two chicks at the same time, man ... I always wanted to do that, man. And I think if I were a millionaire I could hook that up, too; 'cause chicks dig dudes with money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is a great basketball player but he has the misfortune of being the only superstar to demand a trade from the Spurs. If Jonathan Simmons did that, no one here would care. I don't think Kawhi cares much about his marketability, and he's not a nice guy in the same sense that Tim Duncan or Manu are nice guys. He doesn't try to pretend to be a nice guy though. There's just more questions you'd have to ask him to know how funny he is.
    To make matters worse, he won another ring the 1st year he was traded to Canada. The Spurs have Demar DeRozan. So it's like Kawhi took the prom queen home and knocked her up, and you had to pay the child support.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is a great basketball player but he has the misfortune of being the only superstar to demand a trade from the Spurs. If Jonathan Simmons did that, no one here would care. I don't think Kawhi cares much about his marketability, and he's not a nice guy in the same sense that Tim Duncan or Manu are nice guys. He doesn't try to pretend to be a nice guy though. There's just more questions you'd have to ask him to know how funny he is.
    To make matters worse, he won another ring the 1st year he was traded to Canada. The Spurs have Demar DeRozan. So it's like Kawhi took the prom queen home and knocked her up, and you had to pay the child support.
    The problem is how he went about it demanding the trade. What he should've done is just told PATFO that he's done here and he'd prefer to be moved to LA. Instead he went about it in the most unprofessional & s my way possible.

Doing it the right way would've earned him some resentment from us, but nothing close to the hate and vitriol he's(rightfully, imo) getting now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no. I root for that dude to lose after robbing Spurs fans & Manu of a another le opportunity. He screwed the franchise, city and fans big time. That being said, he's an amazing player when he's on the court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine if Duncan had the supporting cast that Nephew was gifted in Toronto and now the Clippers. He would have won more rings easily.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    remember spurs FO chose to kowtow to that clown lma about his touches for non impact stats that dont affect the score board...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine if Duncan had the supporting cast that Nephew was gifted in Toronto and now the Clippers. He would have won more rings easily.
    Maybe

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would say 99 David Robinson was a better player than any Clipper or Raptor player, and yes 2014 Kawhi, the version that cancelled out peak LeBron for three straight games belong in that category as well.

Kawhi has good help but I wouldn't say it is better than prime Parker and Ginobili. It is no where near as LeBron's supporting cast and he could have easily joined the Lakers to collect free rings.

Unless of course, Paul George morphs from pandemic P to peak Scottie Pippen.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jokic is actually right now the true heir to Tim Duncan. He's like Duncan when it comes to basketball IQ on the court. He has the same mentality as Duncan which is he will do whatever it takes to win whether its only scoring 5 points or 40 points. He also has a great post up game like Duncan. What he lacks is Duncan's great lateral mobility which limits him on defense.

Jokic has Duncan's character from what I have seen. He's a team guy and he's not about drama and wants to have a unified team in the locker room.
    Jokic is nothing like Duncan. Duncan lives and breathes basketball, Jokic doesn't really give a much and is more interested in horses than basketball. Jokic also had a lot of weight problems in his career. never saw that kind of laziness out of Tim. They couldn't be further apart.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jokic is nothing like Duncan. Duncan lives and breathes basketball, Jokic doesn't really give a much and is more interested in horses than basketball. Jokic also had a lot of weight problems in his career. never saw that kind of laziness out of Tim. They couldn't be further apart.
    How do you know Jokic doesn't care about basketball? You can't care about basketball and win the MVP. You can say Jokic has had weight problems but the last 2 years he has been in shape. Yes Jokic cares about Horses but that's his hobby much like video games was Duncan's hobby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nephew. Any self respecting Spurs fan wouldn't cheer for that gimp piece of . Putting him in the same breath as Duncan in any way, shape, or form is disrespectful to a true G like Timmy
    This.

Hope his acl never heals

Thread Information