Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    except its not true.
    I saw it on Dateline or 60 minutes awhile back. But from a quick google search::

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...ker-disappear/

"
    The older you get the more difficult it is to learn to speak French like a Parisian. But no one knows exactly what the cutoff point is—at what age it becomes harder, for instance, to pick up noun-verb agreements in a new language. In one of the largest linguistics studies ever conducted—a viral internet survey that drew two thirds of a million respondents—researchers from three Boston-based universities showed children are proficient at learning a second language up until the age of 18, roughly 10 years later than earlier estimates. But the study also showed that it is best to start by age 10 if you want to achieve the grammatical fluency of a native speaker.
    "

so to basically achieve FrostKing's level of goals, you pretty much need to start by age 10, and it's very difficult to be proficient if you start a brand new language after age 18

It's one thing to learn and memorize a few words, like " o" or "I'm hungry" or "I love you" in any X amount of languages. But to be able to listen and understand on the fly like a native speaker is very hard for adults who no longer have the brain malleability of a youth.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    i'd rather them being non practicing if they identify as such. Jewish are a very small minority but yeah definitely marrying a jewish woman is off the table, especially since their culture is matrilineal and very weird.

Meanwhile the USA is littered with hipster weirdos, gender s, trannies, single moms, fatties and other disgusting trash like that. Literally America might have the worst women in the world if you take out the top 25% which are usually permanently taken by the time they're 22.
    I was talking about Orthodox Christianity...that's what you'll find in Eastern Europe and it is getting big enough here in the US to where they could fit in and be preoccupied enough to ward off the US cultural brainwashing. It's much more hardcore than the Catholic Church IMO

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I was talking about Orthodox Christianity...that's what you'll find in Eastern Europe and it is getting big enough here in the US to where they could fit in and be preoccupied enough to ward off the US cultural brainwashing. It's much more hardcore than the Catholic Church IMO
    yeah each country has its own flavor of Christian Orthodoxy in Eastern Europe. IIRC though the people are just not as faith oriented as in the USA, or like you say, Roman Catholics worldwide. They may or may not believe in a god but it doesn't consume their everyday lives nor do they have a bunch of crosses up and do a bunch of religious things.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I saw it on Dateline or 60 minutes awhile back. But from a quick google search::

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...ker-disappear/

"
    The older you get the more difficult it is to learn to speak French like a Parisian. But no one knows exactly what the cutoff point is—at what age it becomes harder, for instance, to pick up noun-verb agreements in a new language. In one of the largest linguistics studies ever conducted—a viral internet survey that drew two thirds of a million respondents—researchers from three Boston-based universities showed children are proficient at learning a second language up until the age of 18, roughly 10 years later than earlier estimates. But the study also showed that it is best to start by age 10 if you want to achieve the grammatical fluency of a native speaker.
    "

so to basically achieve FrostKing's level of goals, you pretty much need to start by age 10, and it's very difficult to be proficient if you start a brand new language after age 18

It's one thing to learn and memorize a few words, like " o" or "I'm hungry" or "I love you" in any X amount of languages. But to be able to listen and understand on the fly like a native speaker is very hard for adults who no longer have the brain malleability of a youth.
    difficult and incapable are two different things

you said the brain does not have the capacity to do so. thats untrue. its very difficult sure, but by no means impossible.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    yeah each country has its own flavor of Christian Orthodoxy in Eastern Europe. IIRC though the people are just not as faith oriented as in the USA, or like you say, Roman Catholics worldwide. They may or may not believe in a god but it doesn't consume their everyday lives nor do they have a bunch of crosses up and do a bunch of religious things.
    our experience seems to be radically different. The Orthodox folks that I know are much more hardcore than any other Christian denomination I've seen in the US by a pretty wide margin.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    difficult and incapable are two different things

you said the brain does not have the capacity to do so. thats untrue. its very difficult sure, but by no means impossible.
    .....and once you reach a certain hardened age, "difficult" becomes "impossible". It's only possible if it's convenient.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    .....and once you reach a certain hardened age, "difficult" becomes "impossible". It's only possible if it's convenient.
    so then what is the hardened age at which it becomes impossible to learn a new language?

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    so then what is the hardened age at which it becomes impossible to learn a new language?
    well let's see... according to Harvard et al. it becomes very difficult at around 18-20.

And by around 25 the lust and passion for learning new things wears off and you just want to get each day over with unless something exciting like the Super Bowl or your best friend's wedding is going on. You hate almost every day (even weekends)... just... wishing it was over so you could get back to your only remaining happy place... bed. (Alcohol and/or downers optional but recommended.)

By around 25, we become lazy, hate work, wish we could sleep past noon everyday, and couldn't even fathom having to do school of any kind again.

I'd say around 25 is the age where it goes from improbable to impossible.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    well let's see... according to Harvard et al. it becomes very difficult at around 18-20.

And by around 25 the lust and passion for learning new things wears off and you just want to get each day over with unless something exciting like the Super Bowl or your best friend's wedding is going on. You hate almost every day (even weekends)... just... wishing it was over so you could get back to your only remaining happy place... bed. (Alcohol and/or downers optional but recommended.)

By around 25, we become lazy, hate work, wish we could sleep past noon everyday, and couldn't even fathom having to do school of any kind again.

I'd say around 25 is the age where it goes from improbable to impossible.
    oh so its not a fact and just your personal opinion

got it

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    oh so its not a fact and just your personal opinion

got it
    I'm speaking for all my generation, not just me. We're lazy mf'ers who want instant gratification and to sleep in until 2pm every day.

Learn a new language, or tacos...?! Definitely TACOS!!!!!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I'm speaking for all my generation, not just me. We're lazy mf'ers who want instant gratification and to sleep in until 2pm every day.

Learn a new language, or tacos...?! Definitely TACOS!!!!!
    so its still your personal opinion that you are speaking in behalf of others who may or may not agree with you, and not a fact

got it

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Alabama Crimson Tide
    ISLAM IS VICTORIOUS, THE WEST IS DEFEATED

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders

Name
    Luck_The_Fakers
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Eastern Bloc women aren't particularly religious. They may culturally identify with being historically Christian or Muslim depending on what specific country they're from, but, they're not devout like they are in the USA (especially in the Baptist Belt/Bible Belt) .
    Yeah, they are. And even the ones that are not, they don't like change. That's what conservatism is all about. You're either ready to stick around and be a true family man or you're not. It's the epitome of hypocrisy to demand something of the woman that you won't do yourself.

I think what you really want is a sex doll, tbh, and you don't need to go to Eastern Europe for det...

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Yeah, they are. And even the ones that are not, they don't like change. That's what conservatism is all about. You're either ready to stick around and be a true family man or you're not. It's the epitome of hypocrisy to demand something of the woman that you won't do yourself.

I think what you really want is a sex doll, tbh, and you don't need to go to Eastern Europe for det...
    I want a woman with a college degree and a nice career / career prospect and independence who is straight and not bi/pan/trans/et al., sex positive, and of course beautiful. I want to be with her in a serious relationship for about a year or so, maybe have one child with her maybe not, until I get tired of her and then I'll move on. I'm even open to dating someone who has a kid from a previous relationship because I know I'll only be there for a year or two max.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I loved that movie.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    so its still your personal opinion that you are speaking in behalf of others who may or may not agree with you, and not a fact

got it
    It's a fact. Millennials are one in the same, except the majority have opposing political views to mine, but, remember boomers were very liberal in the 60s and 70s until Reagan came around.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    It's a fact. Millennials are one in the same, except the majority have opposing political views to mine, but, remember boomers were very liberal in the 60s and 70s until Reagan came around.
    except that its not. thanks.

Name
    Luck_The_Fakers
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I want a woman with a college degree and a nice career / career prospect and independence who is straight and not bi/pan/trans/et al., sex positive, and of course beautiful. I want to be with her in a serious relationship for about a year or so, maybe have one child with her maybe not, until I get tired of her and then I'll move on. I'm even open to dating someone who has a kid from a previous relationship because I know I'll only be there for a year or two max.
    You want a fling, Andy. Plus, you'll then be on the hook for child support. Why do you do this to yourself?

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    You want a fling, Andy. Plus, you'll then be on the hook for child support. Why do you do this to yourself?
    From Canada, or the UK, or Australia... sure. But not if it's a country that doesn't have reciprocity on child support with the USA. Vast majority of countries don't. I've looked it up.

if I knock up 14 women in Romania and Armenia and Albania and Avante knocks up 40 thirteen year old girls in Olangapo = zero child support. (IIRC Avante admitted to making babies with some of the "women" there)

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    And yes, I want a fling... but not like a one or two night stand... maybe a 9-18 month relationship. Where we have a connection and she thinks that I'm in it for forever but the entire time I have a secret agenda to leave her. And one day, preferably after a good night of intimacy and a better night's sleep, I simply leave and never see her again.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    and now we have the dumb opinion......

I was ok with this until the 'maybe one child' part. Why would you want to bring a child into this world before abandoning it like The Bot abandoning to go for it on 4th and inches? Pretty sh!tty thing to do, imo

if you're not trolling and actually serious, then im not saying you should commit suicide but promptly researching methods to end your existence would be a good idea

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    and now we have the dumb opinion......

I was ok with this until the 'maybe one child' part. Why would you want to bring a child into this world before abandoning it like The Bot abandoning to go for it on 4th and inches? Pretty sh!tty thing to do, imo

if you're not trolling and actually serious, then im not saying you should commit suicide but promptly researching methods to end your existence would be a good idea

And then they lambasted Mike McCarthy week 1 for not kicking the FG against the Rams. Score ended up 20-23. Ha-ha.

I just said "maybe" one child might pop out, ya know, when you have sex things might happen, they may not. It's not like i'd try to get her pregnant, but...

Just have a short term fling and then up-and-leave is what I did this March with my Michigan girl. After the third night we had sex I just left back to Texas and told her I had a sore throat so I wouldn't be seeing her anymore.

Name
    Luck_The_Fakers
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    From Canada, or the UK, or Australia... sure. But not if it's a country that doesn't have reciprocity on child support with the USA. Vast majority of countries don't. I've looked it up.

if I knock up 14 women in Romania and Armenia and Albania and Avante knocks up 40 thirteen year old girls in Olangapo = zero child support. (IIRC Avante admitted to making babies with some of the "women" there)
    You're not very bright. You basically can't set foot in Europe anymore. I mean, this whole thing is not very well thought out, even for you. And Olongopo isn't Europe.

This is how you thank your ideal conservative girl? By abandoning her and the children? I mean, I suppose this entire thing is a joke, but if it's not, you need to grow up.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    You're not very bright. You basically can't set foot in Europe anymore. I mean, this whole thing is not very well thought out, even for you. And Olongopo isn't Europe.

This is how you thank your ideal conservative girl? By abandoning her and the children? I mean, I suppose this entire thing is a joke, but if it's not, you need to grow up.
    Wait.....why not?

Thread Information