Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you comparing Primo's sitch to Kawhi's?
    From one thing?
    Okay then.
    Kind of weird coincidence if you ask me but real life is stranger than fiction sometimes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said before that Tre has that deceptive athleticism and burst of speed. His strides are just so fast when he goes ludicrous speed , reminiscent of Tony Parker. And he can stop on a dime to shoot that mid-range. And he does it all in smooth motion, with control.

And you know if someone's open, he's finding that guy, like a Manu. Damn I just compared Tre to Tony and Manu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kind of weird coincidence if you ask me but real life is stranger than fiction sometimes.
    Good point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does he have an Uncle hanging around

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said before that Tre has that deceptive athleticism and burst of speed. His strides are just so fast when he goes ludicrous speed , reminiscent of Tony Parker. And he can stop on a dime to shoot that mid-range. And he does it all in smooth motion, with control.

And you know if someone's open, he's finding that guy, like a Manu. Damn I just compared Tre to Tony and Manu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man it would be fun to watch them run without the veterans. They might win less, but it would be fun

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jones is a PG and Walker is a SG these guys have no relation to one another in the rotation
    Um...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    could have articulated it better. i dont think they're competing for minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    could have articulated it better. i dont think they're competing for minutes.

Read his post again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man it would be fun to watch them run without the veterans. They might win less, but it would be fun
    I'm down to watch a scrappy team try to fight above their weight while giving themselves a high Draft pick.

That's what made the Clippers desirable to Kawhi (beyond the obvious reason) and the Suns desirable to CP0 (Still didn't work out, but hey!).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read his post again.
    foot in mouth

though i've seen plenty of posts about forbes taking minutes from Tre, etc., so i was a bit trigger happy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    foot in mouth

though i've seen plenty of posts about forbes taking minutes from Tre, etc., so i was a bit trigger happy
    I get it, even though I actually don't think the PG/SG distinction matters so long as both White and Murray are healthy. Pop ran a nine-man rotation last year where he kept one of Murray or DeRozan on the court at all times despite them starting. I don't see why he wouldn't do it with White. That means Jones may be a theoretical backup PG while White is actually be backup PG. That said, I don't think Pop would hesitate to play Jones with either White or Murray (or both even). I totally think all of the guards are competing for the same rotation spots. In the case of injury, though, Jones would be the backup PG for White, and some other guard would start next to Murray.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get it, even though I actually don't think the PG/SG distinction matters so long as both White and Murray are healthy. Pop ran a nine-man rotation last year where he kept one of Murray or DeRozan on the court at all times despite them starting. I don't see why he wouldn't do it with White. That means Jones may be a theoretical backup PG while White is actually be backup PG. That said, I don't think Pop would hesitate to play Jones with either White or Murray (or both even). I totally think all of the guards are competing for the same rotation spots. In the case of injury, though, Jones would be the backup PG for White, and some other guard would start next to Murray.
    yeah, ive said in some posts that pop will likely stagger white/murray quite a bit so white will get plenty of ball handling duties, too, and that's going to be a much bigger limiting factor on Tre's minutes than what Forbes or Walker are doing

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jones is a PG and Walker is a SG these guys have no relation to one another in the rotation
    Hmm I said white, not Walker….

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmm I said white, not Walker….
    indeed. not even chinook could save me from myself

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    indeed. not even chinook could save me from myself
    Right on, sorry missed the exchange above before

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Pop and co realizes that Tre's handles and passing ability is an asset to the team then this season's not going to be so bad. Hoping to see some Tre to Landale / McDermott plays

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based on today's results, Tre is an all-star and Sengun is a bust, after all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weiskamp looks pretty good for a 2nd round pick.

He acts like he belongs, he mixes it up effectively inside (a big surprise), he can regularly hit the wide open three (sometimes the hardest to hit), and he defends well (especially for a guy saddled with his profile).

My expectations were pretty low, but I came away impressed after seeing him for three games in person.

Most of all, his at ude was very confident but at the same time very matter of fact. The heat was on him (and Tre Jones) on the heels of a five game losing streak, especially with the featured guys out, but he never wavered.

He looks like he can play a role (a word he will probably never completely escape) with the big club.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weiskamp looks pretty good for a 2nd round pick.

He acts like he belongs, he mixes it up effectively inside (a big surprise), he can regularly hit the wide open three (sometimes the hardest to hit), and he defends well (especially for a guy saddled with his profile).

My expectations were pretty low, but I came away impressed after seeing him for three games in person.

Most of all, his at ude was very confident but at the same time very matter of fact. The heat was on him (and Tre Jones) on the heels of a five game losing streak, especially with the featured guys out, but he never wavered.

He looks like he can play a role (a word he will probably never completely escape) with the big club.
    I think Wieskamp is fine with being a role player. He was always overshadowed by Luka Garza in college. Seems like he’s perfectly fine going to his 9-5 job, doing his work, and going home.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think this is the sad truth unfortunately.

While I really like Tre J, I may grow to dislike him rather quickly if he becomes part of a platoon tether with Forbes.
    No way should you hate on Tre just for sharing the court with Forbes, IMO. As always, you gotta look at the enabler. At the end of the day, Forbes can't sub himself off the games after the 5-10 minutes we'd all like for him to play (and before y'all say it he obviously isn't playing 0m every game). The same way I personally hold Pop responsible for bringing him back specifically, I'll also hold him responsible for whatever overplaying the midget gets.

In any case, the probability that this is a tanking season and we know it right off the gates makes it miles better already - it's the expectation that kills 'ya and all that. Since Forbes playing is a direct correlation to losing games... I'd rather he not steal minutes from the youngins, but at least he's only doing that, and not stealing minutes while also shafting us in the standings like years prior. I'm coming into next season hoping for 26 wins, anything above that is a plus tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember when he got drafted and quite a few posters threw a fit on drafting another pg. I could not believe he fell to us. He was easily one of my best players in the country that year and one of the best "true" PGs. I watched him play alot and would hate the reality of not having a shot of him since he would definitely go second half of the 1st.

I was exstatic we got him. His leadership and decision making just always stood out to me as elite.

Really hope he gets the opportunity to showcase his ability with the main team.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does he have an Uncle hanging around
    Not gonna lie that made me lol in real life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the problems with forbes is that tosb LMA was not dominant enough to get him great looks and Derozan and Murray are black wholes. Forbes with Tre Jones would be ok, defense would suck, but who plays defense these days

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information