Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    !!!
    Whats up with him? Why?
    The hand needs to be amputated?
    There is that possibility that the Spurs believe he's "graduated" from this level of compe ion, even though no one here will believe it.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    ryan richards?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get well soon luka

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs could have played the long game in recruiting Giannis.

Sportando @Sportando
    7h
    Alex Antetokounmpo reportedly expected to join Sacramento Kings’ Summer League roster sportando.basketball/en/alex-anteto…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is that possibility that the Spurs believe he's "graduated" from this level of compe ion, even though no one here will believe it.
    My initial reaction was:

No. That’s never happened with someone who is still not in the regular rotation and he hasn’t yet “made” it in. They are more likely to have one guy there, see him dominate, and pull him after just 2 games or something. I could see this with Vassell for example.

Playing international ball is no excuse either. Even Bertans did summer league and he was an international player veteran.

The only thing that makes sense is an injury, he’s maybe still rehabbing.

Even though we have seen him at the gym shooting and that excuse doesn’t convince me, if the team said it, ok.
    But then, I remembered something that maybe Chinook can clarify. Spurs can compel a player to summer league and the gleague only in his first couple of years of his rookie contract. After that, any third year participation is voluntary and I have to tell you that gives me a very bad feeling about him because Kyle Anderson became a veteran of summer league going there 3 years. It became a meme how he was such a SL vet specially after being sent there his third season after winning that championship the summer before. He could have just refused but he acknowledged he had things to work on and agreed to go voluntarily after the team asked him.

Anyways, Samanic refusing to go when he still is not part of the regular rotation, has things to work on, could use the reps, could be better prepared for the season and help the team, gives me very bad vibes about him.

Unless it’s the gangrene on the hand I have a very bad feeling about him now. He’s not obligated to go but he should and he needs reps, practice, and be ready to earn a rotation spot. Is this how he’s going about it?

I hope the media asks the team what is up with him. It’s unfortunate for the team if he misses this opportunity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are no indications that he's refusing to go. A possibility? Yes. But there's no reason to get bad vibes and start this narrative when there are no facts yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are no indications that he's refusing to go. A possibility? Yes. But there's no reason to get bad vibes and start this narrative when there are no facts yet.
    I hope media asks the coaches about him, but I do believe he’s not required to go, participation at this point is voluntary and since he doesn’t have to, he won’t.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is he in the States? Is he at home? Maybe after a rough year of quarantine they're letting him spend some time in Europe and he's training and recuperating there?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless it’s the gangrene on the hand I have a very bad feeling about him now. ...

If he had gangrene it would make you feel better?

Say what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My initial reaction was:

But then, I remembered something that maybe Chinook can clarify. Spurs can compel a player to summer league and the gleague only in his first couple of years of his rookie contract. After that, any third year participation is voluntary and I have to tell you that gives me a very bad feeling about him because Kyle Anderson became a veteran of summer league going there 3 years. It became a meme how he was such a SL vet specially after being sent there his third season after winning that championship the summer before. He could have just refused but he acknowledged he had things to work on and agreed to go voluntarily after the team asked him.

Anyways, Samanic refusing to go when he still is not part of the regular rotation, has things to work on, could use the reps, could be better prepared for the season and help the team, gives me very bad vibes about him.

Unless it’s the gangrene on the hand I have a very bad feeling about him now. He’s not obligated to go but he should and he needs reps, practice, and be ready to earn a rotation spot. Is this how he’s going about it?

I hope the media asks the team what is up with him. It’s unfortunate for the team if he misses this opportunity.
    I don't believe summer-league participation is every mandatory. Unlike the d-league, the SL requires a separate contract, and players get paid for it independently of any compensation for that season. You're correct that d-league assignments don't have to be agreed to for skill if the player has fewer than three years of tenure in the league.

People shouldn't get too worried about Samanic not going. I haven't heard of Weatherspoon going either. Could be because the team won't re-sign him, but I doubt it. Not only could Luka end up going still, but if he doesn't, it's more likely because PATFO doesn't feel they need to see him in a featured role next month. Multiple ways to interpret that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s what I think indeed, I hope that means significant playing time this next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Re: Samanic…

I don’t ever remember a Spurs draftee going to SL before their 3rd season. Most of the time, before their 2nd season, the Spurs will only let them play a couple of games, and then send them home.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he had gangrene it would make you feel better?

Say what?
    Do you not understand sarcasm?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't believe summer-league participation is every mandatory. Unlike the d-league, the SL requires a separate contract, and players get paid for it independently of any compensation for that season. You're correct that d-league assignments don't have to be agreed to for skill if the player has fewer than three years of tenure in the league.

People shouldn't get too worried about Samanic not going. I haven't heard of Weatherspoon going either. Could be because the team won't re-sign him, but I doubt it. Not only could Luka end up going still, but if he doesn't, it's more likely because PATFO doesn't feel they need to see him in a featured role next month. Multiple ways to interpret that.
    I am not sure but I think Weatherspoon was cut.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Re: Samanic…

I don’t ever remember a Spurs draftee going to SL before their 3rd season. Most of the time, before their 2nd season, the Spurs will only let them play a couple of games, and then send them home.
    I gave you an example. KA

Banned
    My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    I gave you an example. KA
    Kyle was special.

Banned
    My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    I'm keeping an eye out on this one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you not understand sarcasm?

I thought it looked more like hyperbole.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought it looked more like hyperbole.
    Well there was that too.

I meant I d feel better about his work ethic and desire to succeed if we just learn he’s not going because he’s rehabbing. I wouldn’t be happy that he’s injured, in fact it would still be unfortunate if he can’t go but at least it isn’t because he doesn’t want to participate or thinks he won’t benefit from it. If the Spurs think he doesn’t need it they’ll send him home anyways after a couple of games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well there was that too.

I meant I d feel better about his work ethic and desire to succeed if we just learn he’s not going because he’s rehabbing. I wouldn’t be happy that he’s injured, in fact it would still be unfortunate if he can’t go but at least it isn’t because he doesn’t want to participate or thinks he won’t benefit from it. If the Spurs think he doesn’t need it they’ll send him home anyways after a couple of games.

I don’t know if Samanic would benefit much from SL at this point. They’ve certainly identified specific things he needs to work on, so focused drills might be more beneficial. I mean, he doesn’t need to just “play basketball” he needs to improve certain skills. Wherever he is I doubt that he’s loafing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol. SAgirl literally making stuff up at this point and still finding a way to praise fathead for being a 3rd year scrub who needed to go to SL.

According to her logic, Lonnie should play in SL this year b/c he still has things he needs to work on tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm keeping an eye out on this one.

He’s still a child, I feel like after taking this photo he’s gonna go sell candy bars on a nyc subway

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs got this guy for summer league:

https://www.si.com/college/2020/02/2...leading-scorer

Pretty cool addition, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs got this guy for summer league:

https://www.si.com/college/2020/02/2...leading-scorer

Pretty cool addition, tbh.
    , why not? If he can get open and hit 3s at a consistent rate.....we may find a situational scorer, which is always valuable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know if Samanic would benefit much from SL at this point. They’ve certainly identified specific things he needs to work on, so focused drills might be more beneficial. I mean, he doesn’t need to just “play basketball” he needs to improve certain skills. Wherever he is I doubt that he’s loafing.
    I think it would help. Bc of COVID he missed his own summer league last year where he would have been featured. His Gleague was shortened, he barely played in the regular season, which was also odd, and his rookie season was shortened bc of COVID. I think there are things offensively like decision making and confidence building that a player just won’t learn doing drills in a gym.

Even if the compe ion is not the best it’s organized team basketball in a compe ive setting and there will be some legit NBA players in every team. I definitely think it helps non established players gain confidence and develop.

Thread Information