My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drove by this the other day. Holy moly did this thing live up to the name.

(not my picture)

https://electrek.co/2021/06/15/tesla...-body-spotted/

Tesla is showing signs of getting closer to production at Gigafactory Texas, as a Model Y body has been spotted at the new factory.

The start of production at Gigafactory Texas and Gigafactory Berlin is the most important thing for Tesla’s growth this year.

Starting production in any vehicle program is always difficult, and even more so when you are building a brand new factory from scratch.

But Tesla has done it before, and it’s looking to do it again with two new factories coming up almost simultaneously.

Gigafactory Texas is going to first produce an updated version of the Model Y for the North American market.

The new version is expected to use Tesla’s latest “megacasting” technology that replaces a lot of body parts with single giant cast parts produced using the world’s largest casting machines.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tesla cars are still mostly a novelty (mostly because their early models were plagued with reliability issues, though have gotten much better lately)... and as a company, they make more money trading carbon credits than they do selling cars.

mass production should help, but i still think the piece needed for them to take off is the development of the Model 2... which is supposed to end up retailing for 25k. getting a car that is more widely affordable will be key.

aside from cars, their powerwall batteries are pretty cool, as well as the solar roof thing

Musk himself is a bizarre character though

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information