Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    lol sensitive right wing mope-groping

lol the goal post move to bad insensitivity training
    Most likely I'll end up in a re-education camp, or, behind a chain link fence like Harry Dean Stanton in -Red Dawn- beseeching my 3 sons..."Avenge me, boys. Avenge me!!!"

In response, in three part harmony they'll query their old man, Winester..."Where's the will, schnooks?"

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pizzagaetz triggered

my favorite part of that is him saying he wants to understand why all them white people stormed the capital, like there's anything to understand there because the reasons a bat insane

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    my favorite part of that is him saying he wants to understand why all them white people stormed the capital, like there's anything to understand there because the reasons a bat insane
    You got nary room, wrecky...mother er Biden trumped/tee, hee their "bat insane" by threatening Americans with fighter jets & nukes!!!

How much you wanna bet Milley doesn't question nor comment on that, hey? tee, hee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You got nary room, wrecky...mother er Biden trumped/tee, hee their "bat insane" by threatening Americans with fighter jets & nukes!!!

How much you wanna bet Milley doesn't question nor comment on that, hey? tee, hee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Word salad

CRT has a premise of systemic racism. There's a group of oppressors (whites) and groups of victims (everyone else). The only way to dismantle these "inequities" is to dismantle the structure.
    Word salad? It was a very simple sentence.

and the description you gave is completely compatible with what i said in my post

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Your side gives me a hanger like Biden threatening to bomb us and nuke us I'm knocking it out of the park every day that ends in (y), aka as parroting it. It's just too choice to leave alone. Mother er Biden opened his sucker and brought it upon all of ya's.

Your regrets are your own.

I've no sympathy for you.

Let us proceed...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your side gives me a hanger like Biden threatening to bomb us and nuke us I'm knocking it out of the park every day that ends in (y), aka as parroting it. It's just too choice to leave alone. Mother er Biden opened his sucker and brought it upon all of ya's.

Let us proceed...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ^^^ I ain't lettin' it go, El.

This, I vow!!!

CHARGE!!!!!!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Here is a fun game.

Build strawmen."
    Unstrawman it. Define CRT.

If you can't/won't provide a working definition of the thing you are ing about, you cannot call out someone for trying to figure out what you are all trying to say.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Word salad

CRT has a premise of systemic racism. There's a group of oppressors (whites) and groups of victims (everyone else). The only way to dismantle these "inequities" is to dismantle the structure.
    Yay, we're getting close.

What I see there is a fair attempt. "racism exists and is bad"

Is it possible for racism to be built into a system, like say redlining insurance (often based on zip codes) or bank loans, and no one really consciously being supportive of it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coach Pop and our other moral leaders are also strangely silent about the racism.
    (takes four seconds to search on google for the terms "Popovich" and "racism")

https://sports.yahoo.com/gregg-popov...204358892.html

Gregg Popovich gives emotional statement: 'Our country is in trouble and the basic reason is race'

Liz Roscher
    June 6, 2020·4 min read

San Antonio Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich is continuing his long tradition of speaking out on important issues.

The Spurs posted a video from Popovich to their Twitter account on Saturday as part of their “Spurs Voices” campaign. Popovich spoke eloquently and often emotionally about how it felt as a white person to watch the video of Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin putting his knee on George Floyd’s neck for nearly nine minutes, essentially choking the life out of him.

Floyd died in police custody, and Chauvin has been charged with second-degree murder.

"In a strange, counterintuitive sort of way, the best teaching moment of this recent tragedy, I think, was the look on the officer's face. For white people to see how nonchalant, how casual, just how everyday-going-about-his job, so much so that he could just put his left hand in his pocket, wriggle his knee around a little bit to teach this person some sort of a lesson -- and that it was his right and his duty to do it, in his mind.

"I don't know. I think I'm just embarrassed as a white person to know that that can happen. To actually watch a lynching. We've all seen books, and you look in the books and you see black people hanging off of trees. And you ... are amazed. But we just saw it again. I never thought I'd see that, with my own eyes, in real time."

"It’s important that we as white people... we have to do it. Black people have been shouldering this burden for 400 years. The only reason this nation has made the progress it has is because of the persistence, patience and effort of black people. The history of our nation from the very beginning in many ways was a lie, and we continue to this day, mostly black and brown people, to try to make that lie a truth so that it is no longer a lie. And those rights and privileges are enjoyed by people of color, just like we enjoy them. So it's got to be us, in my opinion, that speak truth to power, and call it out, no matter what the consequences. We have to speak. We have to not let anything go."

"It's just a situation that is very similar to me. It’s like the gun arguments. What's it going to take? Two few more black people with knees in their necks? I don't think so. I don't think that's going to happen. How many more Sandy Hooks do we have to have? It's easy for people to let things go, because it doesn't involve them.

"It's like the neighborhood where you know there's a dangerous corner, and you know that something's going to happen someday, and nobody does anything. And then a young kid gets killed and a stop sign goes up. Well, without getting too political, we've got a lot of stop signs that need to go up -- quickly -- because our country is in trouble. And the basic reason is race."
    Nathanislazy89

Hypothesis: Nathan89 is indoctrinated by propaganda he consumes. This propaganda never really shows people speaking out about racism in a constructive meaningful way. This makes him very unaware of such statements.

Evidence:
    Nathan did not know that Popovich spoke rather forcefully on the issue.

Analysis: That evidence is fully consistent with the Hypothesis that Nathan89 has been indoctrinated into thinking racism doesn't exist or isn't a problem because of his choices of information.
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 06-25-2021 at 08:46 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True that.

But understanding why these people are "bat insane" involves coming to the realization that they are deeply delusional.

They are deeply delusional, because they have been (wait for it) indoctrinated by right-wing propaganda sources. Just. Like. Nathan.

Understanding the reasons WHY then become important. Conflict is what this gentleman's job is about, and one dimension of that is information, and always has been. Never more so than now.

Understanding why people self-indoctrinate, and how provides important context in formulating effective strategy. This is one of the prime lessons of Vietnam, and was re-learned in Iraq at great cost.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unstrawman it. Define CRT.

If you can't/won't provide a working definition of the thing you are ing about, you cannot call out someone for trying to figure out what you are all trying to say.
    You played your strawman building game with my comment that didn't include the phrase "crt". Therefore yes it is easy to call out disingenuous people building strawmen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The rates being different isn't evidence of racism.

Are the rates between fatal shootings between men and women the same? No. The rates between men and women is even more drastic. For some reason this isn't being pushed. The people pushing this are doing so based on ideology. And their ideology positions males as privileged so they aren't pushing this narrative. They'll run wild with their racial narrative only because it fits their ideology and agenda.
    They have isolated all other factors but race in analyzing available data on police shooting.

In the exact same cir stances black people are more likely to have force used on them, often deadly force.

What is then the appropriate conclusion to draw from this? It is consistent with racial bias.

What is your alternative proposed theory?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You played your strawman building game with my comment that didn't include the phrase "crt". Therefore yes it is easy to call out disingenuous people building strawmen.
    You don't like it because it points out the racist streak on the part of the right wing of which you all are consciously or unconsciously unaware.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (takes four seconds to search on google for the terms "Popovich" and "racism")

https://sports.yahoo.com/gregg-popov...204358892.html

Gregg Popovich gives emotional statement: 'Our country is in trouble and the basic reason is race'

Liz Roscher
    June 6, 2020·4 min read

San Antonio Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich is continuing his long tradition of speaking out on important issues.

The Spurs posted a video from Popovich to their Twitter account on Saturday as part of their “Spurs Voices” campaign. Popovich spoke eloquently and often emotionally about how it felt as a white person to watch the video of Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin putting his knee on George Floyd’s neck for nearly nine minutes, essentially choking the life out of him.

Floyd died in police custody, and Chauvin has been charged with second-degree murder.

Nathanislazy89

Hypothesis: Nathan89 is indoctrinated by propaganda he consumes. This propaganda never really shows people speaking out about racism in a constructive meaningful way. This makes him very unaware of such statements.

Evidence:
    Nathan did not know that Popovich spoke rather forcefully on the issue.

Analysis: That evidence is fully consistent with the Hypothesis that Nathan89 has been indoctrinated into thinking racism doesn't exist or isn't a problem because of his choices of information.
    Calling me lazy and then responding with something unrelated to my comment is funny tbh.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't like it because it points out the racist streak on the part of the right wing of which you all are consciously or unconsciously unaware.
    In typical fashion you've read racism into something to demonize and divide. Racism just means someone disagrees with me to the modern left. A watered down irrelevant term.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine declaring "police murdering poc" as racist. It's a vague event with no facts. Police murder white people as well which is therefore also racism apparently. Black cops murder black people so they must be racist. This image is pure ideological indoctrination.

Are the rates of fatal shooting per interaction the same?

You have implied an equivalence here.

Support that assertion.
    The rates being different isn't evidence of racism.
    Racial/Ethnic Disparities in the Use of Lethal Force by US Police, 2010–2014

Objectives. To update previous examinations of racial/ethnic disparities in the use of lethal force by US police.

Methods. I examined online national vital statistics data for deaths assigned an underlying cause of “legal intervention” (International Classification of Diseases, 10th Revision, external-cause-of-injury codes Y35.0–Y35.7, excluding Y35.5 [legal execution]) for the 5-year period 2010 to 2014.

Results. Death certificates identified 2285 legal intervention deaths (1.5 per million population per year) from 2010 to 2014. Among males aged 10 years or older, who represented 96% of these deaths, the mortality rate among non-Hispanic Black and Hispanic individuals was 2.8 and 1.7 times higher, respectively, than that among White individuals.

Conclusions. Substantial racial/ethnic disparities in legal intervention deaths remain an ongoing problem in the United States.
    https://ajph.aphapublications.org/do...PH.2016.303575

It is a fact there is a disparity. This disparity is explained by "systemic racism".

Feel free to provide an alternative hypothesis.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Let us proceed...
    Pure evil. Imagine voting for him thinking he was going to make things "Normal" again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In typical fashion you've read racism into something to demonize and divide. Racism just means someone disagrees with me to the modern left. A watered down irrelevant term.
    racism rā′sĭz″əm►
    n. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
    n. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.
    n. The belief that each race has distinct and intrinsic attributes.

I would hold to that as the "meaning" of racism. It seems reasonable and commonly accepted, unlike your indoctrinated definition.

Why is your definition better?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    CRT has a premise of systemic racism.
    True.

There's a group of oppressors (whites) and groups of victims (everyone else).
    Gross oversimplification, but you get your white grievance points.

The only way to dismantle these "inequities" is to dismantle the structure.
    That may be the conclusion one draws from CRT but to my knowledge "dismantle the structure" is not a component of CRT itself. CRT is about understanding the current structure and how it came to be.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://ajph.aphapublications.org/do...PH.2016.303575

It is a fact there is a disparity. This disparity is explained by "systemic racism".

Feel free to provide an alternative hypothesis.
    And the disparity between men and women is explained by systemic sexism?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Word salad

all this time and you still rely on talk show hosts to tell you what CRT is.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    racism rā′sĭz″əm►
    n. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
    n. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.
    n. The belief that each race has distinct and intrinsic attributes.

I would hold to that as the "meaning" of racism. It seems reasonable and commonly accepted, unlike your indoctrinated definition.

Why is your definition better?
    I'm not looking for a definition. I'm merely highlighting the real world usage of the word.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coach Pop ... [is] also strangely silent about the racism.
    (takes four seconds to search on google for the terms "Popovich" and "racism" and finds/posts a lengthy directly applicable statement by Popovich on racism)
    Calling me lazy and then responding with something unrelated to my comment is funny tbh.

Thread Information