Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sources: Coaching process, inability to build le contending roster may push Damian Lillard out of Portland (yahoo.com)

Media will inevitably try to will him to one of their favorites (Warriors, L.A., Heat, Knicks, Raptors, etc.), but presuming the Trail Blazers, a traditionally compe ive team, want to remain so and do a soft re-build, it seems like the 76ers check the most boxes (flawed, but star caliber youngish player who'd make sense with most of current roster, solid ancillary assets, out of conference, would have the makings of a true contender with him, etc.)

Lillard, Jones Jr. for Simmons, Hill, Maxey, maybe either Thybulle/Milton and however many requisite picks and pick swaps?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    tlongII license to Lillard expiring?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    non-issue

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not familiar with Haynes.

Has kept it real in the past or another Gossip Girl Profeshunal Sports media?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Not familiar with Haynes.

Has kept it real in the past or another Gossip Girl Profeshunal Sports media?
    He's well connected with the blazers and basically Dame's mouthpiece in the media tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He should tbh. And I'm not one to normally support such moves but he never had teams which were real contenders around him like Durant and Harden had before they pushed their ways out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but wait
    I thought it wasn’t his style and he would rather die trying in Portland rather than join a contender

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but wait
    I thought it wasn’t his style and he would rather die trying in Portland rather than join a contender
    Sometimes people just want to win. Dumbass gm has a rare loyal star and he keeps surrounding him with like cj McCollum and anus cancer year after year and expecting dame to not be frustrated about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    really dont understand this recent with billups. its not like there was significant media backlash every time a team signed billups to play, but suddenly there are people who want him blackballed from coaching because of an event from 20 years ago?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Probably ends up in Philly for Simmons

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    really dont understand this recent with billups. its not like there was significant media backlash every time a team signed billups to play, but suddenly there are people who want him blackballed from coaching because of an event from 20 years ago?
    We're living in the #metoo rape hysteria era.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed... the guy was like 20... similar for Kidd and Zeke Elliott

but your party's cancel culture crap is responsible for all this, so you have to eat the sandwich tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm in my late 30's and have never heard about this rape situation that Billups was involved in. I will say this that because he settled people are going to believe that he actually did rape the girl which creates all this backlash in this me too era.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ultimately I don't think Dame is good enough to win it all as being the number 1 guy. I was convinced of this after '18 when he got swept by the Durantless Warriors. He's going to have to be probably a number 3 guy on a super team.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dallas needs to pull this off somehow. Lillard wanted Kidd and is a big fan of the new Dallas GM. Dame is also just what Doncic needs. Another guard that can create for himself and for others, which would help Luka a lot, as he would not have to do everything alone.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Probably ends up in LA for Kuz, Schröder, THT, and #22
    FIFY son

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Dallas needs to pull this off somehow. Lillard wanted Kidd and is a big fan of the new Dallas GM. Dame is also just what Doncic needs. Another guard that can create for himself and for others, which would help Luka a lot, as he would not have to do everything alone.
    They don’t have to trade. Golden State, Philly, are just two of many teams who could beat their offer

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Nobody wants that either

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was happy to sign that ridiculous contract with them and take their money...so do your part and earn your money, .

Sick of these weak cowards

Hans Brix??? Oh no!!!! Kim Jong-il's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    They don’t have to trade.
    You just suggested Simmons for Lillard

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    You just suggested Simmons for Lillard
    Simmons, Thybulle, Maxey, picks is a a of a lot better than anything the Mavs have

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons, Thybulle, Maxey, picks is a a of a lot better than anything the Mavs have
    I think Porzingis is trash, but compared to Simmons he's ing Jordan. There is no way i'd trade for a guy that cant shoot a basketball.

Zingis, Brunson and Josh Green + picks is just as of a deal as the Sixers one and I think Lillard would rather play for the Mavs.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I think Porzingis is trash, but compared to Simmons he's ing Jordan. There is no way i'd trade for a guy that cant shoot a basketball.

Zingis, Brunson and Josh Green + picks is just as of a deal as the Sixers one and I think Lillard would rather play for the Mavs.
    first of all, Yeah Simmons’ shot is trash. At least he still has value on defense. Porzingis has no value right now. Nobody wants him. That Mavs offer you listed is will be easily beat. And the next first round pick they can trade is their 2025. Portland will trade him wherever the best offer is. And no, that Mavs offer is worse than Philly’s.

Thread Information