My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This kid has the motor and enough skill to build upon! He’s worth #12

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His work ethic is clearly evident, now he just needs the Patfo coaching! Our defense would be sick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His work ethic is clearly evident, now he just needs the Patfo coaching! Our defense would be sick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    garuba can guard multiple postions, is a solid passer and a beast on the boards but his offense is a work in progress and we're at a time when the spurs need offense. still, i myself have gone back and forth with garuba as the spurs choice. i hope i get to see him get some quality minutes in FIBA play this summer.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    garuba can guard multiple postions, is a solid passer and a beast on the boards but his offense is a work in progress and we're at a time when the spurs need offense. still, i myself have gone back and forth with garuba as the spurs choice. i hope i get to see him get some quality minutes in FIBA play this summer.
    Same. His defense is billed as elite, and his body size is perfect for the modern NBA. He would definitely be enticing for a contender who needs a Lebron/Kawhi/Bam/Giannas stopper, so to speak. I wouldn't be upset if they grabbed him. His projections are all over the place. His below average shooting is obviously the concern, but maybe no worse than Giddey, to be honest. My theory is that for a small market team we are going to have to scrap and building around defense is probably a smart way to go. I'd probably take Moody over him, but he's young and showing great poise at a high stage already. Plus: he speaks Spanish! Ha.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We don’t know what his body size, or any of his measureables are, or his testing, because he skipped the combine. BTW, his shooting is no worse than Gidney’s is hardly the ringing endorsement you think it might be.

Anyone who selects him is buying the proverbial pig in a poke. This is the kind of player that gets GMs fired.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We don’t know what his body size, or any of his measureables are, or his testing, because he skipped the combine. BTW, his shooting is no worse than Gidney’s is hardly the ringing endorsement you think it might be.

Anyone who selects him is buying the proverbial pig in a poke. This is the kind of player that gets GMs fired.
    Lots of players skipped the combine. It doesn't make the assessment easier, but it's the challenge for lots of picks this year.

Mentioning Giddey wasn't meant to be an endorsement of Garuba, but a statement of how people overlook it for Giddey.

Getting GM's fired with a 12th pick? Defense translates, which is why a team would pick him, with that floor in mind, and the hope for improvement. Pretty hyperbolic statement. Picking Ziare Williams at 12 and him busting would be more of a concern. But you think Brian Wright would get fired for picking Garuba? Sounds ridiculous to me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kawhi skill/position was a question mark coming out but defense & work ethic was solid! Let’s try and catch lightning in a bottle again!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lots of players skipped the combine. It doesn't make the assessment easier, but it's the challenge for lots of picks this year.

Mentioning Giddey wasn't meant to be an endorsement of Garuba, but a statement of how people overlook it for Giddey.

Getting GM's fired with a 12th pick? Defense translates, which is why a team would pick him, with that floor in mind, and the hope for improvement. Pretty hyperbolic statement. Picking Ziare Williams at 12 and him busting would be more of a concern. But you think Brian Wright would get fired for picking Garuba? Sounds ridiculous to me.
    Yeah, I never thought you were endorsing Garuba by virtue of comparing his shot to Giddey's. And I agree on the combine. Besides, if a team wants to get the measurements of a player before a draft, they will find a way to get them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi skill/position was a question mark coming out but defense & work ethic was solid! Let’s try and catch lightning in a bottle again!
    Yeah, that’s the comp. The lack of shooting is a concern but it was with Kawhi as well, perhaps even more so with his mechanics. If Brian Wright wants high floor/defensive players, I can see them taking him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi went to the combine, and was at least measured, even if his ankle injury kept him from workouts. He wasn’t supposed to shoot,but he got bored waiting for some part of the combine, and picked up a ball, and started shooting. It was determined that minor changes could make him a good 3 point shooter. Kawhi also played 2 years of D1 ball, not scant minutes in Europe, scoring 4.7p/4.6r. Kawhi was NOT a complete unknown. This kid really is.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi went to the combine, and was at least measured, even if his ankle injury kept him from workouts. He wasn’t supposed to shoot,but he got bored waiting for some part of the combine, and picked up a ball, and started shooting. It was determined that minor changes could make him a good 3 point shooter. Kawhi also played 2 years of D1 ball, not scant minutes in Europe, scoring 4.7p/4.6r. Kawhi was NOT a complete unknown. This kid really is.
    He looks good to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same. His defense is billed as elite, and his body size is perfect for the modern NBA. He would definitely be enticing for a contender who needs a Lebron/Kawhi/Bam/Giannas stopper, so to speak. I wouldn't be upset if they grabbed him. His projections are all over the place. His below average shooting is obviously the concern, but maybe no worse than Giddey, to be honest. My theory is that for a small market team we are going to have to scrap and building around defense is probably a smart way to go. I'd probably take Moody over him, but he's young and showing great poise at a high stage already. Plus: he speaks Spanish! Ha.
    I'm ing sold, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This kid has the motor and enough skill to build upon! He’s worth #12
    I like Garuba too but would feel more comfortable grabbing him if I had multiple firsts.
    Lots of swing skill question marks.
    May be a Gerald Wallace or at worst, an MKG.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... Kawhi was NOT a complete unknown. This kid really is.
    There are lots of things to say about Garuba, but this just isn't true. He's been playing with Real Madrid in the ACB (the first team) for a couple of years. Draftexpress had an article on him back in 2016!

That said, I don't like him at 12, because he has a long way to go to be acceptable offensively in the NBA. It's not clear to me he will ever get there; his jumper (IMO of course) should be better. He's had 5+ years of professional coaching at RM. His jump shot may not be fixable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are lots of things to say about Garuba, but this just isn't true. He's been playing with Real Madrid in the ACB (the first team) for a couple of years. Draftexpress had an article on him back in 2016!

That said, I don't like him at 12, because he has a long way to go to be acceptable offensively in the NBA. It's not clear to me he will ever get there; his jumper (IMO of course) should be better. He's had 5+ years of professional coaching at RM. His jump shot may not be fixable.
    that's the biggest hesitation i have with garuba-picking him at 12 seems way too high; the spurs would have to trade down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is who we should take. His defensive potential is by far the greatest among the forwards we need, plus could already fit in as a good role player on offense. Spurs May need to move one of DJ, Keldon, Poetlt to create some more spacing if his jump shot is not ready within 2 years though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is who we should take. His defensive potential is by far the greatest among the forwards we need, plus could already fit in as a good role player on offense. Spurs May need to move one of DJ, Keldon, Poetlt to create some more spacing if his jump shot is not ready within 2 years though.
    I like Garuba in general, but I can't see the FO moving those players to make room for Garuba before the season, and probably not later either unless he really shined right out of the gate. Like I said, I like Garuba, but I'm not expecting he will come in and surprise everyone with his offensive skills.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Garuba in general, but I can't see the FO moving those players to make room for Garuba before the season, and probably not later either unless he really shined right out of the gate. Like I said, I like Garuba, but I'm not expecting he will come in and surprise everyone with his offensive skills.
    Can he be Clint Clapela today? I say yes....... can we use Clint Capela? I say yes! His effort is unreal matched with Dj, Tre, Devon , derricks , Keldons defense & effort how couldn’t you be optimistic?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shooters are available in free agency.... move Lonnie now for a late first also

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shooters are available in free agency.... move Lonnie now for a late first also
    If Pop is returning I would say yes to trading Lonnie, but with a new coach I’d wait. Of course they aren’t going to trade him, though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need to get back to defending, this guy has that in spades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can he be Clint Clapela today? I say yes....... can we use Clint Capela? I say yes! His effort is unreal matched with Dj, Tre, Devon , derricks , Keldons defense & effort how couldn’t you be optimistic?
    He’s 6’8”, and wouldn’t shock me if he measured out shorter than that. You don’t use a lottery pick on a 6’8” rim runner with no discernible wing skills. If you’re just looking for a rim runner, get one that is the right size, Kai Jones or Isaiah Jackson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s 6’8”, and wouldn’t shock me if he measured out shorter than that. You don’t use a lottery pick on a 6’8” rim runner with no discernible wing skills. If you’re just looking for a rim runner, get one that is the right size, Kai Jones or Isaiah Jackson.
    This dude is the next Draymond with a possible 7’3” wingspan. His height seems every bit 6’8” if you’ve seen his side by side with Sengun. Having him and Samanic play our front court and disseminating the rest for our guards is a very futuristic line up on defense and versatile enough on offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This dude is the next Draymond with a possible 7’3” wingspan. His height seems every bit 6’8” if you’ve seen his side by side with Sengun. Having him and Samanic play our front court and disseminating the rest for our guards is a very futuristic line up on defense and versatile enough on offense.
    If talent evaluators thought he’d even have a decent chance to be all of that, he’d be a top 5 pick.

Thread Information