Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes of course, but I can't see it happening. I expect green would've been a loyal spur for his whole career if they hadn't traded him. but I really doubt he'd want to return now to popovich country.

he never wanted to leave.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love Danny, but no. I hope the front office embraces a full-on youth movement this offseason.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he never wanted to leave.
    Yeah, but getting kicked to the curb tends to sour a relationship...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am of the opinion the right older vets are invaluable to a team in the place of locker room, mentoring and just their presence. I liked what Jerome Kersey, Dominique and Mario Elie brought to this team when they came here but you also risk getting a Michael Finley or Nick Van Exel too. Add to that, Pop seems to rely on them to much nowadays (see Patty and Rudy this year).

Danny or Patty for that matter would be an asset on this team if playing the right role and not asked to do too much.

Interestingly, I was wondering about George Hill returning here as they were joking about him playing on playoff teams that fall short today on the radio but you just know Pop would overplay him at the detriment of some of the young guards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am of the opinion the right older vets are invaluable to a team in the place of locker room, mentoring and just their presence. I liked what Jerome Kersey, Dominique and Mario Elie brought to this team when they came here but you also risk getting a Michael Finley or Nick Van Exel too. Add to that, Pop seems to rely on them to much nowadays (see Patty and Rudy this year).

Danny or Patty for that matter would be an asset on this team if playing the right role and not asked to do too much.

Interestingly, I was wondering about George Hill returning here as they were joking about him playing on playoff teams that fall short today on the radio but you just know Pop would overplay him at the detriment of some of the young guards.
    There are three former Spurs that I’m sad never got a ring: GHill, Terry Porter, and McDyess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only if he brought leonard with him
    So really No

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny is regressing so no

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

George Hill is interesting. I hadn’t thought about him. Hopefully we’ll have a season where White and Murray can both stay healthy, but as an insurance policy off the bench he’d be a good add. I also hope we see Trey Jones continue to improve.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are three former Spurs that I’m sad never got a ring: GHill, Terry Porter, and McDyess.
    Vets like Porter and Kersey were great role players for the Spurs. The right mix of youth and experience is good for a team. I don’t think our most recent roster had that right mix. All in youth movement is fine if our goal is to not be very good for a while. The reins need to be in the hands of the youth with the vets there as a support.
    Last edited by Ed Helicopter Jones; 06-25-2021 at 12:11 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need playahs, not bricklaying chokers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no!

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Legacy-wise, he should retire here.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have more than enough formidable role players. I feel what we need is a star and our guys will more than be able to compliment.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No thanks.

I’d rather keep Gay, but to be honest I’d rather sign a younger vet than both Gay & Green.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    was one of the biggest mistakes to trade him. This team still has no 3-and-D players

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fukkin sux!
    I finished the thread le for you ed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not just no but no way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, maybe there's a spot for him on the Austin Spurs, tbh...

Thread Information