Post Count

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    because it’s too complicated for Muricans

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    The rule was introduced because visiting teams would always park the bus, in a way to favour the teams that play less defensively away and give better spectacle.

It doesn't make sense to remove the away goals rule.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Blaming this sh** on the casual American soccer fan as if they'll even notice anything different.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Blaming this sh** on the casual American soccer fan as if they'll even notice anything different.
    If I recall right, the away goals rule was never implemented in CONMEBOL. At first it was complicated to understand, but away goals eventually became so normal since the 80's, that it surprised to see, something like a 4:2 than a 2:0 and then a penalty shootout in the Libertadores.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    This is actually old news. I suspect UEFA wants more overtime and penalties in elimination rounds == more advertising time == more money

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Horrible decision. Watch a lot of boring, scared football in the last minutes of tied series.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    If I recall right, the away goals rule was never implemented in CONMEBOL. At first it was complicated to understand, but away goals eventually became so normal since the 80's, that it surprised to see, something like a 4:2 than a 2:0 and then a penalty shootout in the Libertadores.
    They have been using the away goal rule for a while in CONMEBOL.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Horrible decision. Watch a lot of boring, scared football in the last minutes of tied series.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    I have no emotional attachment to this. I'm not really bothered.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    I have no emotional attachment to this. I'm not really bothered.
    You will start when you see tied ties in the 60th minute of the second leg with two teams scared of pulling forward and settling for OT and penalty kicks.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    agree with the horrible decision

The rule was invented to get rid of boredom defending depending on the venue.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    You will start when you see tied ties in the 60th minute of the second leg with two teams scared of pulling forward and settling for OT and penalty kicks.
    I can see the p.o.v. of thinking that's not as good as weighting road goals. But it's not like I'm all that against extra time and kicks from the mark.

I do think a solution is longer extra time and perhaps golden goal.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    I can see the p.o.v. of thinking that's not as good as weighting road goals. But it's not like I'm all that against extra time and kicks from the mark.

I do think a solution is longer extra time and perhaps golden goal.
    From my perspective one of the many great attractions of soccer is the continuous play. I used to absolutely love college football, but it is absolutely ruined by the amount of commercials. Some of us have to get on with work and such so it impossible to sit and watch these sometimes 4 and 5 hour contests. And FF through commercials after recording is even a hassle. extra time and anything that extends the game with commercials is crap from my point of view.

Even rugby is moved along quickly by the ref for benefit of the fans. This is supposed to be entertainment in short, I dont want to watch a chess match. Seriously, I really wanted to watch the French Open tennis but its just like... how do you sit for that long... Wimbledon is on now and the rallies are shorter but its still excruciatingly long. I guess sports is for people who dont work or exercise. Yep, irony.

If watching sports must involve a 4 + hour sit down Im done. And I hate highlights because you cant get the feel for what really happened in the contest.

Put the commercials on the shirts and play for Christ sakes.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    From my perspective one of the many great attractions of soccer is the continuous play. I used to absolutely love college football, but it is absolutely ruined by the amount of commercials. Some of us have to get on with work and such so it impossible to sit and watch these sometimes 4 and 5 hour contests. And FF through commercials after recording is even a hassle. extra time and anything that extends the game with commercials is crap from my point of view.

Even rugby is moved along quickly by the ref for benefit of the fans. This is supposed to be entertainment in short, I dont want to watch a chess match. Seriously, I really wanted to watch the French Open tennis but its just like... how do you sit for that long... Wimbledon is on now and the rallies are shorter but its still excruciatingly long. I guess sports is for people who dont work or exercise. Yep, irony.

If watching sports must involve a 4 + hour sit down Im done. And I hate highlights because you cant get the feel for what really happened in the contest.

Put the commercials on the shirts and play for Christ sakes.
    It can be great if you have the time though. I remember having a job that we all watched the Australian Open while working, and it's probably the most I was ever in to tennis.

Well, the soccer nerds seem to be for weighted goals. But they going away from it for one reason or another.

Thread Information