View Poll Results: Who is your favorite prospect now?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Franz Wagner

24 21.43%
  • Moses Moody

13 11.61%
  • Alperen Sengun

26 23.21%
  • Josh Giddey

7 6.25%
  • Kai Jones

16 14.29%
  • James Bouknight

2 1.79%
  • Jalen Johnson

13 11.61%
  • Usman Garuba

5 4.46%
  • Keon Johnson

3 2.68%
  • Jaden Springer

3 2.68%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are drafting 12th and 41st.
    Ah, they had the lottery? I heard about that coming up; must've thought it was further out still.

Sounds like Spurs didn't win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah, they had the lottery? I heard about that coming up; must've thought it was further out still.
    Yup that was last Tuesday

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean I like Sengun as a safe pick. But I think his ceiling is not as high as Jalen Johnson’s once he meets his potentials. I can’t help to think that Jalen Johnson could be a Halliburton type that Spurs fans regretted PATFO didn’t pick? I mean I like Devin, but Hallliburton has that star quality, much like Jalen Johnson I think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah well me thinks its time for a change. We are in no way a better position than OKC/Orlando, and they are letting the guys play and get NBA experience.
    Then, it’s a good thing you’re not in charge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean I like Sengun as a safe pick. But I think his ceiling is not as high as Jalen Johnson’s once he meets his potentials. I can’t help to think that Jalen Johnson could be a Halliburton type that Spurs fans regretted PATFO didn’t pick? I mean I like Devin, but Hallliburton has that star quality, much like Jalen Johnson I think.
    Jalens 3 point shooting is based on a short season, 13 games, and limited attempts. 18 3 point attempts, total. A truer indication of jump shot quality is FT%, and his was 63%. His season was short, because he left Duke, just like he left his HS. He has maturity and family red flags. If you select him, you’re signing up for family drama.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jalens 3 point shooting is based on a short season, 13 games, and limited attempts. 18 3 point attempts, total. A truer indication of jump shot quality is FT%, and his was 63%. His season was short, because he left Duke, just like he left his HS. He has maturity and family red flags. If you select him, you’re signing up for family drama.
    Wouldn’t you mind pampering him a bit if he’s a star player? I mean Spurs fans want a grounded Timmy or good soldier DRob, but that’s more of an exception. Most alpha players have that “problem” at ude that gives them that edge. They’re willing to take those risks. I know that’s Spurs management to pick the sure bet, but I sometimes want them to take a risk for a great reward. Again I think Jalen has that Ben Simmons skills, rebound, pushing the ball, pass, defend the post, block shots and possibly range.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can pamper and give the world to a diva, but when a diva wants to leave for brighter lights— he will leave, and all that pampering would have been a joke. No amount of pampering can make a diva stay when they want to go.

So instead of dignity and pride, you’re left in worse shape than if you had stood firm in your principles.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - Your comments really worry me.

1- What do we need today? Scoring big, Size, Elite Scoring and Shooting.
    2- People here considering another 6'4 that is not an elite shooter nor ball-handler is worrisome.
    3- Another big that is not that big nor and offensive threat should be out of question when you already have a non scoring 5.
    4- Players that lack athleticism should not be drafted.

5- I would like the Spurs to draft Kai Jones or Tre Mann.
    6- Tre Mann is a scorer. I see him as a near 20 pts scorer we don't have.
    7- Kai Jones should be the size we've been lacking when Poeltl sits. He is fast enough to play the 4 and to play help defense. He can become an offensive problem playing from the bench alongside DW. He will be able to shoot the corner 3 for the Spurs.

This draft has a lot of talent but the talented players have glaring weaknesses too.
    We'll see...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can pamper and give the world to a diva, but when a diva wants to leave for brighter lights— he will leave, and all that pampering would have been a joke. No amount of pampering can make a diva stay when they want to go.

So instead of dignity and pride, you’re left in worse shape than if you had stood firm in your principles.
    All this to say that if Jalen is drafted by the Spurs, I’ll assume that he passed the Spurs’ comprehensive background check. The Spurs are excellent in finding guys who buy in (and letting go quickly those who don’t), with Nephew being an outlier. If he is passed by the Spurs, I won’t cry a river. It must be really bad on the character side with him because I’ll admit that he’s talented (except on defense, he sucks). If he makes it past the Spurs, I’ll expect we’ll hear stories similar to what happened with Marvin Bagley and all those other losers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well you don’t know if Jalen is a diva. The story is he wanted to further rest his foot injury and prepare for the NBA. The kid debuted 19 pts and 19 rebounds as a freshman, and averaged almost 2 blocks and 2 steals a game, has guard skills can defend the bigs, and can play point forward. Some comparing him to Ben Simmons, Stephen Jackson, Aaron Gordon.
    Heck with his size and athleticism, he could be a Giannis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well you don’t know if Jalen is a diva. The story is he wanted to further rest his foot injury and prepare for the NBA. The kid debuted 19 pts and 19 rebounds as a freshman, and averaged almost 2 blocks and 2 steals a game, has guard skills can defend the bigs, and can play point forward. Some comparing him to Ben Simmons, Stephen Jackson, Aaron Gordon.
    So you actually haven’t heard the other stories pre-Duke.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is 6-7 210. Giannis and Ben are 6-11 240.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    taking notes on springer now and will check some video later but he'll only be 18 when drafted which makes him a year younger than cunningham. as noted in some scouting reports that i've read, being so young and still leading his vols team with 19.3 ppg and 4.5 apg is pretty impressive, but he's not without his weaknesses such as an average wing span, slow release and average ball handling skills. he'd have to play at the 2 spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All this to say that if Jalen is drafted by the Spurs, I’ll assume that he passed the Spurs’ comprehensive background check. The Spurs are excellent in finding guys who buy in (and letting go quickly those who don’t), with Nephew being an outlier. If he is passed by the Spurs, I won’t cry a river. It must be really bad on the character side with him because I’ll admit that he’s talented (except on defense, he sucks). If he makes it past the Spurs, I’ll expect we’ll hear stories similar to what happened with Marvin Bagley and all those other losers.
    The kid has 1.2 blocks and 1.2 steals per game. He’s scouting reports shows his strength as defensive versatility.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The kid has 1.2 blocks and 1.2 steals per game. He’s scouting reports shows his strength as defensive versatility.
    I don’t have the time to go over this again and again

Feel free to believe that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i haven't selected yet but, as of now, if the spurs stayed at 12, i'm leaning towards giddey or sengun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is 6-7 210. Giannis and Ben are 6-11 240.
    He measured in at the combine at 6-foot-9 with a 7 foot wingspan. The comparison to Ben Simmons is in his guard skills and availability to defend post at his size. If not for the red flag of him opting out of his freshman at Duke and senior year in high school, this kid is top 10 or better. I’m just saying that the red flag pulled a caliber player like him down where Spurs have a chance to get him at 12th pick. Small risk because he could always be a great defender and stretch 4, but could be huge a ceiling like Simmons (with range).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t have the time to go over this again and again

Feel free to believe that.
    Oh excuse me for wasting your time. 1.2 blocks and 1.2 steals bad defender?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh excuse me for wasting your time. 1.2 blocks and 1.2 steals bad defender?

you haven’t bro. If I was to explain why he was a bad defender, it would be because I have done it multiple times already in other threads. But I’m not going to do that. Not right now, anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn’t you mind pampering him a bit if he’s a star player? I mean Spurs fans want a grounded Timmy or good soldier DRob, but that’s more of an exception. Most alpha players have that “problem” at ude that gives them that edge. They’re willing to take those risks. I know that’s Spurs management to pick the sure bet, but I sometimes want them to take a risk for a great reward. Again I think Jalen has that Ben Simmons skills, rebound, pushing the ball, pass, defend the post, block shots and possibly range.
    The thing is, he’s NOT a star. You compared him to Simmons. He’s not Simmons. He doesn’t have even 40% of his court vision or creativity. 2.2 assists Last year.

You’ve got to be a star before you can be expected to be treated like one. The fact that he expects that caps what improvements he can show. If he thinks he’s a star, why does he need to work on his game? Is he going to accept coaching? Probably not, based on his last two stops.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing is, he’s NOT a star. You compared him to Simmons. He’s not Simmons. He doesn’t have even 40% of his court vision or creativity. 2.2 assists Last year.

You’ve got to be a star before you can be expected to be treated like one. The fact that he expects that caps what improvements he can show. If he thinks he’s a star, why does he need to work on his game? Is he going to accept coaching? Probably not, based on his last two stops.
    QUOTE=Dejounte;10537976]you haven’t bro. If I was to explain why he was a bad defender, it would be because I have done it multiple times already in other threads. But I’m not going to do that. Not right now, anyway.[/QUOTE]

You guys know more. And watching the Spurs throughout the years, I would suspect they'd go for a Sengun or a Wagner. I just wish for once the Spurs would take a big swing with the house money.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sengun, he seems to have the IQ but very limited as an athlete, he seems tailor made for Europe, not big enough to be so slow and unathletic for the NBA, pass. Kai Jones 50/50.
    Bouknight pass. Moody pass.
    I'm between Wagner and Jalen Jahnson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    QUOTE=Dejounte;10537976]you haven’t bro. If I was to explain why he was a bad defender, it would be because I have done it multiple times already in other threads. But I’m not going to do that. Not right now, anyway.
    You guys know more. And watching the Spurs throughout the years, I would suspect they'd go for a Sengun or a Wagner. I just wish for once the Spurs would take a big swing with the house money.
    House money is a bad analogy. Playing with house money implies that you’re ahead of the game, and not risking anything. Not the case this year at all.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sengun supporters need to be louder. There’s so many of them, and I want to hear their takes. I believe Sengun is talked about the least on here.
    It's not hard; he's the single best player available (ie. outside the big 5)... and he's one of the youngest players in the draft, so he's got as much room to grow as anyone. If that talent is available at 12, you take it, and thank at least 7 other teams for being idiots.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's still Kai Jones for me.

Thread Information