View Poll Results: Who is your favorite prospect now?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Franz Wagner

24 21.43%
  • Moses Moody

13 11.61%
  • Alperen Sengun

26 23.21%
  • Josh Giddey

7 6.25%
  • Kai Jones

16 14.29%
  • James Bouknight

2 1.79%
  • Jalen Johnson

13 11.61%
  • Usman Garuba

5 4.46%
  • Keon Johnson

3 2.68%
  • Jaden Springer

3 2.68%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sengun might as well be an all star but you would still feel bad when he is on your team in the playoffs.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless they are going to play center or power forward I do not know how they are even going to get on the court in the next 2 years tbh. Any guard or small forward we draft is going to have to leap frog DJ, White, Keldon, Tre, Vassell, Lonnie, or wait for one of them to get traded or wash out...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sengün was the MVP of the Turkish league at 18. He’s a of a lot closer to being Jokic than Jalen Johnson is to being Ben Simmons, or Garuba is to being Capela.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sengün was the MVP of the Turkish league at 18. He’s a of a lot closer to being Jokic than Jalen Johnson is to being Ben Simmons, or Garuba is to being Capela.
    Interesting. You recognize Sengun’s accomplishments, yet seem to think little of Garuba’s experience with Real Madrid. I like Sengun better, but Garuba has improved his last year, and did well in the playoffs: https://youtu.be/2VTv6YPoMXc

That’s a lot more impressive than Renfro playing for the University of San Francisco.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a qualifier to this, he's not Jokic (and I'm a Sengun guy). What I can see is a Kevin Love with more hustle and better D.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sengun might as well be an all star but you would still feel bad when he is on your team in the playoffs.
    Yeah, the obvious comp is Sabonis, but as you alluded to, how valuable is an undersized center, who can't protect the rim, defend in space or stretch the floor (that may come in time; we'll see), in the playoffs?

On the other hand, this team is starving for offensive focal points and given their commitment to a back court lacking in that area and aversion to unforced movement, it's probably going to have to come from the front court, which is more difficult to find.

Unless they are going to play center or power forward I do not know how they are even going to get on the court in the next 2 years tbh. Any guard or small forward we draft is going to have to leap frog DJ, White, Keldon, Tre, Vassell, Lonnie, or wait for one of them to get traded or wash out...
    Probably true, but insane considering how relatively untalented a perimeter corps that is.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah well me thinks its time for a change. We are in no way a better position than OKC/Orlando, and they are letting the guys play and get NBA experience.
    Any minutes and productive minutes are two different things. Positive progress matters. I’m sure there are 7th grade kids that can keep up with high schoolers but that 8th grade year matters as far as development goes.

I have no problem with a rookie picking up super productive minutes vs. having circles run around him because he’s not quite there.

Lonnie couldn’t hang defensively for what? Two years. At least this season he was able to show how productive he could be offensively because he wasn’t s shocked on the other end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giddey losing fans!

The Ben Simmons effect!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    taking notes on springer now and will check some video later but he'll only be 18 when drafted which makes him a year younger than cunningham. as noted in some scouting reports that i've read, being so young and still leading his vols team with 19.3 ppg and 4.5 apg is pretty impressive, but he's not without his weaknesses such as an average wing span, slow release and average ball handling skills. he'd have to play at the 2 spot.
    I like Springer too, but just a note: 19.3/4.5 are his adjusted per 40 numbers, not his per game numbers.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 06-25-2021 at 06:06 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I Springer too, but just a note: 19.3/4.5 are his adjusted per 40 numbers, not his per game numbers.
    yes-thanks for the clarification.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kai Jones, Kai jones, Kai jones. He will be a super star in a few years. We will be lucky if he is still available at 12.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Besides Bouknight and Keon Johnson, I feel there is a legitimate argument for every other player on this list.
    There will probably be plenty of movement up and down before draft day.
    I'd be thrilled with any of Moody, Wagner, Sengun, Springer, Jones, or Jalen Johnson. Surely, one or more will still be on the board at 12.
    Garuba and Giddey don't feel like they are quite as ready. If the Spurs chose one of them, it tells me they checked all the boxes of work ethic, family and potential.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giddey losing fans!

The Ben Simmons effect!
    Giddey is the guy who intrigues me most at our draft position. I don't think his shooting difficulties are anywhere similar to Simmons anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giddey is the guy who intrigues me most at our draft position. I don't think his shooting difficulties are anywhere similar to Simmons anyway.
    I don’t think so either, but I could see how one could think so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    read this the other day from ESPN Australia:

Josh Giddey’s shot looks much more fluid (improved strength has helped) and he’s getting it up quicker. This is impressive stuff for a 6’9-220 PG who’s still 18. He’s been doing guard work with Darryl McDonald during his pre-draft, and shooting-specific workouts with Andrew Gaze. pic.twitter.com/n2tb5wHQ59
    — Olgun Uluc (@OlgunUluc) June 17, 2021

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs should shoot for a potential star (no more role players) — J Johnson fits the mold

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't feel bad having Sengun on my team in the playoffs because it would mean my team was in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs should shoot for a potential star (no more role players) — J Johnson fits the mold
    God, I hope other lottery GMs think the way you do and take him early, pushing an actual player further down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting. You recognize Sengun’s accomplishments, yet seem to think little of Garuba’s experience with Real Madrid. I like Sengun better, but Garuba has improved his last year, and did well in the playoffs: https://youtu.be/2VTv6YPoMXc

That’s a lot more impressive than Renfro playing for the University of San Francisco.
    Was Garuba the Spanish league MVP?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    read this the other day from ESPN Australia:

[FONT="]Josh Giddey’s shot looks much more fluid (improved strength has helped) and he’s getting it up quicker. This is impressive stuff for a 6’9-220 PG who’s still 18. He’s been doing guard work with Darryl McDonald during his pre-draft, and shooting-specific workouts with Andrew Gaze. pic.twitter.com/n2tb5wHQ59[/FONT]
    [FONT="]— Olgun Uluc (@OlgunUluc) [/FONT]June 17, 2021
    I'm often wrong, but Giddey is really zeroing the meter for me at this point. He already has an elite skill, rare to find at his draft position (passing/vision), plus has the work ethic and smarts to either fix or cover his deficiencies. I understand he has a loose handle, his shot isn't great, and his defense will never be exceptional, but he supplies so many other things this team needs -- namely playmaking. His numbers track pretty closely to LaMello Ball's during his year in Australia. Other than being less productive point-wise (read: taking fewer shots), their percentages were pretty similar.

Plus, he played in some town nowhere in Australia, meaning he'd be perfectly fine playing in SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm often wrong, but Giddey is really zeroing the meter for me at this point. He already has an elite skill, rare to find at his draft position (passing/vision), plus has the work ethic and smarts to either fix or cover his deficiencies. I understand he has a loose handle, his shot isn't great, and his defense will never be exceptional, but he supplies so many other things this team needs -- namely playmaking. His numbers track pretty closely to LaMello Ball's during his year in Australia. Other than being less productive point-wise (read: taking fewer shots), their percentages were pretty similar.

Plus, he played in some town nowhere in Australia, meaning he'd be perfectly fine playing in SA.
    he's definitely an intriguing prospect and some have charlotte taking him right before SA because of the idea of pairing him with LaMello. spot on with the would fit right into SA analogy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's definitely an intriguing prospect and some have charlotte taking him right before SA because of the idea of pairing him with LaMello. spot on with the would fit right into SA analogy.
    Why would they draft a pseudo-Mello Ball when they already have Mello Ball? Plus they have Hayward coming back at a position where Giddey will likely play. There's too much overlap everywhere.

In any case, he's a peculiar player and I think this draft will see many GMs fall in love with athleticism and take big swings on players who need too much help to get ready.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would they draft a pseudo-Mello Ball when they already have Mello Ball? Plus they have Hayward coming back at a position where Giddey will likely play. There's too much overlap everywhere.

In any case, he's a peculiar player and I think this draft will see many GMs fall in love with athleticism and take big swings on players who need too much help to get ready.
    it is charlotte so who knows what the they'll do. last year's selection was the best one they've made in a while (although monk and washington were pretty solid). and that's only because GS and Minny made that choice easier for them.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was Garuba the Spanish league MVP?
    Different award. https://www.realmadrid.com/en/news/2...t-young-player

Spanish MVP was a 32 year old player named Giorgi Shermadini. Not sure why you’re referencing him. Obviously a worst NBA prospect. Were you thinking that because Garuba didn’t win MVP of a superior league that somehow that makes him a bad player? Weird take. But it seems like you’re trying to win an argument when I’m trying to have a discussion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Different award. https://www.realmadrid.com/en/news/2...t-young-player

Spanish MVP was a 32 year old player named Giorgi Shermadini. Not sure why you’re referencing him. Obviously a worst NBA prospect. Were you thinking that because Garuba didn’t win MVP of a superior league that somehow that makes him a bad player? Weird take. But it seems like you’re trying to win an argument when I’m trying to have a discussion.
    Don’t be so ing obtuse. It just makes Sengün just that much better of a prospect. He was the best player in probably the 3rd best league in Europe at 18, and Garuba put up 4/4 in 16 minutes. One is a basketball player, the other an athlete.

Thread Information