View Poll Results: Who is your favorite prospect now?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Franz Wagner

24 21.43%
  • Moses Moody

13 11.61%
  • Alperen Sengun

26 23.21%
  • Josh Giddey

7 6.25%
  • Kai Jones

16 14.29%
  • James Bouknight

2 1.79%
  • Jalen Johnson

13 11.61%
  • Usman Garuba

5 4.46%
  • Keon Johnson

3 2.68%
  • Jaden Springer

3 2.68%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now that we:

-Know our draft position
    -Have combine measurements and athletic test results for half the prospects

Has anyone switched their personal favorite to another player?

I'm removing Kispert from the poll and adding Springer since he gets some love. Would love to add Barnes but it feels like he's extremely unlikely to be there at #12.

Top 5 from Part I:

1) Franz Wagner - 23 votes
    2) Moses Moody - 21 votes
    3) Alperen Sengun - 18 votes
    4) Josh Giddey - 17 votes
    5) Kai Jones - 14 votes

Part I thread: https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...e=4&p=10537373

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now that we:

-Know our draft position

I'm removing Kispert from the poll and adding Springer since he gets some love. Would love to add Barnes but it feels like he's extremely unlikely to be there at #12.

Top 5 from Part I:

5) Kai Jones - 14 votes

I'm still with Wagner, #2 Moody, #3 has changed to Sengun. I'm at the point now where I'm comparing that to trading back with okc for 16 and 18 and wondering if Springer and Murphy would be a better haul than one of my 3 favorites.

I'm also seeing a couple mocks with Kuminga falling to 8 and I'm wondering what it would take to move into that range and get him if he falls?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still with Wagner, #2 Moody, #3 has changed to Sengun. I'm at the point now where I'm comparing that to trading back with okc for 16 and 18 and wondering if Springer and Murphy would be a better haul than one of my 3 favorites.

I'm also seeing a couple mocks with Kuminga falling to 8 and I'm wondering what it would take to move into that range and get him if he falls?
    My trade back options: Trey Murphy III, Jeremiah Robinson-Earl, Chris Duarte, Usman Garuba (but only in combination with another 1st round pick), Kessler Edwards

I realize some of these guys could probably be picked up in the 2nd, but still. You never know when a player's stock will rise through the roof.

My 2nd round guys: Jordan Hall, Herbert Jones, Austin Reaves, Isaiah Todd, Sandro Mamukelashvili

IMO, the 2nd round pick this year could be the strongest one in years and that's saying something since Tre Jones was a solid pick.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 06-24-2021 at 10:25 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good job putting in the work

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My trade back options: Trey Murphy III, Jeremiah Robinson-Earl, Chris Duarte, Usman Garuba (but only in combination with another 1st round pick), Kessler Edwards

I realize some of these guys could probably be picked up in the 2nd, but still. You never know when a player's stock will rise through the roof.

My 2nd round guys: Jordan Hall, Herbert Jones, Austin Reaves, Isaiah Todd, Sandro Mamukelashvili

IMO, the 2nd round pick this year could be the strongest one in years and that's saying something since Tre Jones was a solid pick.
    I like the 2nd rd too this year.. of your list Herbert Jones I believe will be a solid role player that'll have a good career. I also figure a few guys on my personal Big Board will fall into the 2nd and there'd be value there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now that we:

-Know our draft position

Top 5 from Part I:

5) Kai Jones - 14 votes

Gee Eric, I think I'd put Samanic at the top of my list.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moody's still my guy but I'd also be happy with Wagner, Bouknight or Jalen Johnson. The latter have red flags but if the Spurs actually draft them I'd be confident they've done their due diligence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imma go Springer. He has the potential to be everything we wish Lonnie could be. High motor, good defender, athletic as , good ball handler and a great shooter. He will need time in the G-league next year while we see what the we have in Lonnie and can slide in to be his replacement if needed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are we thinking moody, bouknight would have more votes if STers weren't thinking that they are off the board by 12??

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm going with Kai Jones, J. Johnson, Sengun

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Same 3 for me although the order of the last 2 is probably equal.

Kai Jones - Tre Mann - Jaden Springer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still Alperen

My top 4 : Sengun-Moody-Giddey-Garuba

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I think about it, Moody's mid-range game screams Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no reason that any player we draft has to spend time in the G League. We are not contending for the playoffs. The only thing we should be doing right now is developing players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moody or Kai Jones for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no reason that any player we draft has to spend time in the G League. We are not contending for the playoffs. The only thing we should be doing right now is developing players.
    Have you not paid attention to HOW we develop players? Every youngster on the squad has said how they valued their time in Austin, and how it helped them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sengün, Moody, Bouknight, Kai

Second round wants

Murphy, Grimes, Kessler Edwards

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you not paid attention to HOW we develop players? Every youngster on the squad has said how they valued their time in Austin, and how it helped them.
    yeah well me thinks its time for a change. We are in no way a better position than OKC/Orlando, and they are letting the guys play and get NBA experience.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of those players I like Moody best but we have too many guards and wings. Would be ecstatic to see a way Spurs land both Garuba and Moody by trading Lonnie/another asset. Great draft class in the making.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sengun supporters need to be louder. There’s so many of them, and I want to hear their takes. I believe Sengun is talked about the least on here.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sengun supporters need to be louder. There’s so many of them, and I want to hear their takes. I believe Sengun is talked about the least on here.
    I still love Sengun. Love the skills, the passion, the smarts. Reminds me of the Argentinian players from their golden era with Manu. Just great teammates. But in watching the playoffs, I could see him as a big liability defending in space, and that’s so important nowadays. Big men are still prioritized in the draft, but the actual NBA game suggests the opposite: you need lead ball handlers. I’m switching to team Springer, but would love to get him in a trade back scenario, albeit unlikely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know if Jalen Johnson will still be there. Johnson measured in at just above 6-foot-9 at the combine with a 7-foot wingspan. He averaged 11.2 points, 6.1 rebounds, 1.2 steals and 1.2 blocks per game while shooting 44.4 percent from three for the Blue Devils. Watching this kid block shots after shots and defend the post. I’d be ecstatic if they get him. He’s Ben Simmons with the range. He has a red flag opting out of his freshman year at Duke and senior year in high school, and had tendency to commit turnovers. But to see this kid polish his game, he has the potential to become a superstar, a franchise player, with his size, athleticism and skills. Worst case, he’s a stretch 4 who can play D and push the ball. I think this kid could be a minimal risk with great potential to might be a franchise player.
    Last edited by John B; 06-25-2021 at 11:16 AM.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gonna wait until I see where the Spurs draft before I bother to study up, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gonna wait until I see where the Spurs draft before I bother to study up, tbh.
    Spurs are drafting 12th and 41st.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny Ferry back?
    Spurs will be avoiding some of those guys who are too African, tbh.

Thread Information