View Poll Results: Who is your favorite prospect now?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Franz Wagner

24 21.43%
  • Moses Moody

13 11.61%
  • Alperen Sengun

26 23.21%
  • Josh Giddey

7 6.25%
  • Kai Jones

16 14.29%
  • James Bouknight

2 1.79%
  • Jalen Johnson

13 11.61%
  • Usman Garuba

5 4.46%
  • Keon Johnson

3 2.68%
  • Jaden Springer

3 2.68%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t be so ing obtuse. It just makes Sengün just that much better of a prospect. He was the best player in probably the 3rd best league in Europe at 18, and Garuba put up 4/4 in 16 minutes. One is a basketball player, the other an athlete.
    No, I was taking your argument at face value, because the other option is to think you believe your own hyperbole. Not sure which is worse. The funny thing is we both think Sengun is the better player but you feel the need to diminish Garuba to try and make your point, which to be honest isn’t obvious. You seem more committed to defaulting to your bad cop routine rather than having a normal discussion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was looking at some more videos and game logs for Alperen Sengun, and I noticed something interesting: as the season went on in Turkey, he adjusted to more defensive attention by significantly increasing his assist numbers. In the first 10 games of the season, he had 16 assists. In the last 10 games of his season, he had 36 assists. His BBIQ is really impressive.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, the obvious comp is Sabonis, but as you alluded to, how valuable is an undersized center, who can't protect the rim, defend in space or stretch the floor (that may come in time; we'll see), in the playoffs?

On the other hand, this team is starving for offensive focal points and given their commitment to a back court lacking in that area and aversion to unforced movement, it's probably going to have to come from the front court, which is more difficult to find.

Well they are definitely more talented than a college kid who has played exactly 0 seconds of nba level basketball

Probably true, but insane considering how relatively untalented a perimeter corps that is.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kai Jones has zero highlights passing the ball, not good. Lastly let me repeat myself about Sengun because i have been watching the Turkish league a lot. Great bball IQ, great moves but very slow moves, unathletic, he will not be a good NBA defender, he can be easily exploited. We have to project what he's gonna look like as an NBA player not as Turkish league player. He will make an awesome career in Europe but he's not gonna be much in the NBA. He's nowhere near Jokic and even Jokic can easily be exploited on the defensive end, we've seen it time and time again.
    Again, Wagner, Jalen Jonhson, that's it for me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am really thinking that the 12th pick is going to end up being a decent bench player I hope I am wrong but for some reason this draft I just don’t feel good about what will be available at pick 12. I am actually a lot more excited about the second round prospects- at this point I would not mind trading back with the Knicks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kai Jones has by far the highest ceiling of these guys.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

To the other Keon Johnson fan.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of those players I like Moody best but we have too many guards and wings. Would be ecstatic to see a way Spurs land both Garuba and Moody by trading Lonnie/another asset. Great draft class in the making.
    Trade a veteran and draft Moody if he is there.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You need wings that can knock down the three and play defense, Moody can do both.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a weird feeling that with DDR gone next year and no longer distributing the ball, and with better shooters waiting to receive the ball, DJM’s lack of playmaking and penetration is going to get ugly, and possibly hurt his trade value. Anyway, still excited about the draft but the team is going to be different next year. Hopefully, I’m wrong.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sengun would be a horrible pick. Poor shooter. Not quick enough for the NBA to get inside for easy dunks like he gets in the Turkish league. Game won't translate to the NBA, will struggle at the NBA level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sengun would be a horrible pick. Poor shooter. Not quick enough for the NBA to get inside for easy dunks like he gets in the Turkish league. Game won't translate to the NBA, will struggle at the NBA level.
    Bookmarked. This won’t age well…

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still leaning towards Kai Jones.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sengün was the MVP of the Turkish league at 18. He’s a of a lot closer to being Jokic than Jalen Johnson is to being Ben Simmons, or Garuba is to being Capela.
    The Turkish league sucks. I've watched his highlights unimpressed. He's not playing against the black players, more athletic players he'll see in the nba.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Moses Moody more than Sengun.
    Last edited by rascal; 07-15-2021 at 04:52 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sengun has a really good nose for the ball and plays with some at ude

sneaky strong and can finish in traffic. Definitely concerns if he has to step out to the perimeter defensively, which complicates his fit as a 4 offensively and may have to be a 5 out of necessity. I’m growing more confident about his overall presence at the rim on both ends. Seems to be a hard worker by most accounts, has a decent stroke mechanically… I like him. Big time.

Jones is boom or bust without a doubt. Could be a unicorn type if his skills develop, could be another unfinished raw tools project that doesn’t really pan out. Kid apparently busts his ass and works like he wants to be great. Humble at ude and a good learner but doesn’t guarantee he puts it together. FWIW a lot of the “insider” dweebs like Charlotte to take him at 11 but could see him fall into the 20s on draft day if the ?s are too much with FOs.

Wagner I just have a gut feeling is going to Sacramento and I’m less confident recently about his ability to create off the dribble in the nba. Doesn’t have a lot in his bag and struggles with his off hand mightily. But he’s super smart and is another hard worker.

Giddey not as high on his ceiling as of late. His tools leave a bit to be desired. I think his shot will come around but he ends up closer to a Kyle Anderson or joe ingles type than he does a game changing over sized pg. which is not a bad career and player if he pans out.

I’ll be happy with just about any of the realistic BPA - but combination of fit, readiness, potential, Im going Sengun in a tough but confident selection.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m all in on Sengun, assuming Wagner is drafted higher.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sengun has a really good nose for the ball and plays with some at ude

sneaky strong and can finish in traffic. Definitely concerns if he has to step out to the perimeter defensively, which complicates his fit as a 4 offensively and may have to be a 5 out of necessity. I’m growing more confident about his overall presence at the rim on both ends. Seems to be a hard worker by most accounts, has a decent stroke mechanically… I like him. Big time.

Jones is boom or bust without a doubt. Could be a unicorn type if his skills develop, could be another unfinished raw tools project that doesn’t really pan out. Kid apparently busts his ass and works like he wants to be great. Humble at ude and a good learner but doesn’t guarantee he puts it together. FWIW a lot of the “insider” dweebs like Charlotte to take him at 11 but could see him fall into the 20s on draft day if the ?s are too much with FOs.

Wagner I just have a gut feeling is going to Sacramento and I’m less confident recently about his ability to create off the dribble in the nba. Doesn’t have a lot in his bag and struggles with his off hand mightily. But he’s super smart and is another hard worker.

Giddey not as high on his ceiling as of late. His tools leave a bit to be desired. I think his shot will come around but he ends up closer to a Kyle Anderson or joe ingles type than he does a game changing over sized pg. which is not a bad career and player if he pans out.

I’ll be happy with just about any of the realistic BPA - but combination of fit, readiness, potential, Im going Sengun in a tough but confident selection.
    I share similar sentiments on Sengun. I also think he would be an interesting fit playing alongside Kai or possibly Isaiah Jackson..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was looking at some more videos and game logs for Alperen Sengun, and I noticed something interesting: as the season went on in Turkey, he adjusted to more defensive attention by significantly increasing his assist numbers. In the first 10 games of the season, he had 16 assists. In the last 10 games of his season, he had 36 assists. His BBIQ is really impressive.
    Ended up voting Sengun. I think he’s the right kind of gamble. Some gambles are on physical tools in raw players. Sengun may need better physical conditioning and strength, plus coaching for the nba game, but he already knows how to play, (has an offensive game) and learns quickly (high BBIQ). I really like him. May end up being better than more athletic guys who don’t have an offensive game. I wonder if due to the Jokic similarity some team will gamble on him b4 12, but I’d be really excited if he’s the pick…

(though in general there are several good options in that range)

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven’t watched any of these foreign players. Can someone please explain why Segun is better than Okafor? Is it mostly based on a hope that he’ll develop an outside shot?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really don't follow hoops beyond the NBA so my opinion is based on youtube. I think we're gonna get someone good regardless. Super excited this year.

That Bouknight kid looks to me like he's gonna be a steal somewhere. Seems like an equal replacement for Lonnie except confident. Kai Jones tho might be exactly what we need.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only player I don't want is Giddey cause he is going to get destroyed on the defensive side - I am OK with Sengun, Bouknight , and Moody. Those I think are the 3 players that might be available when we draft but for the record I be happy with who ever they draft as this year I don't have a dog in the fight of which player I want.

For me not really excited for some reason about this draft I can say that looking at next draft "OH YEAH"...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have our nba GM game in polish badketball forum. Sengun went with 7th pick. I am on clock with #8.
    Wagner Moody Kai or Johnson?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Final Pitch: Lottery is about BPA, upside, star potential. Let team needs be addressed in free agency. If he is there @ 12 wouldn’t it be comforting to have a guy who would give you buckets when defense tighten up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Final Pitch: Lottery is about BPA, upside, star potential. Let team needs be addressed in free agency. If he is there @ 12 wouldn’t it be comforting to have a guy who would give you buckets when defense tighten up.

I like that he seems to be able to score at will, but his assist/TO ratio is horrendous. I see Pop just yanking him out so fast after a TO and never see him again. He needs to tighten those dribbles. He’s an easy scorer but doesn’t really facilitate.

Thread Information