Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know at the Olympic level (and I believe at the NCAA level) for certain sports they have specific requirements (ie 2+ consecutive years of hormone replacement therapy) before allowing trans women to compete. I've said before that on a sport by sport basis they can determine what the threshold should be. The weird issue I take with the arguments about some of the physical advantages is that some men also have massive physical advantages over other men. For some sports we use weight classes. For all youth sports we also separate people by age. Ultimately these divisions are somewhat arbitrary aimed at creating some amount of athletic parity using the most convenient categories. When it comes to genders, you basically have somewhat overlapping bell curves of "athletic" traits between males and females. Imo one of the obvious reasons of separating genders in youth sports is because of the team/social aspect of them, in addition to the athletic differences.

something like the above (not to scale). so yes, when you reach the extreme ends (in the realm of pro/olympic sports), those differences are more pronounced, but in the general population, and most notably youth sports, the difference isn't as significant.

people pretending it should be all about equal athletic playing fields should also have been outraged about a league where lebron james and mike miller were teammates because of their extremely different athletic profiles.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know at the Olympic level (and I believe at the NCAA level) for certain sports they have specific requirements (ie 2+ consecutive years of hormone replacement therapy) before allowing trans women to compete. I've said before that on a sport by sport basis they can determine what the threshold should be. The weird issue I take with the arguments about some of the physical advantages is that some men also have massive physical advantages over other men. For some sports we use weight classes. For all youth sports we also separate people by age. Ultimately these divisions are somewhat arbitrary aimed at creating some amount of athletic parity using the most convenient categories. When it comes to genders, you basically have somewhat overlapping bell curves of "athletic" traits between males and females. Imo one of the obvious reasons of separating genders in youth sports is because of the team/social aspect of them, in addition to the athletic differences.

something like the above (not to scale). so yes, when you reach the extreme ends (in the realm of pro/olympic sports), those differences are more pronounced, but in the general population, and most notably youth sports, the difference isn't as significant.

people pretending it should be all about equal athletic playing fields should also have been outraged about a league where lebron james and mike miller were teammates because of their extremely different athletic profiles.
    like you've ever engaged in any sport other than compe ive typing or a spelling bee.

Find any HS where the JV boys team cannot beat the V girls team. Just one.

The Lebron and Mike Miller comment is basically re ed

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What aren't you getting about no matter how many x years of hormone replacement therapy does not even the playing field between males and females once puberty is passed. My 6 foot 165 lb son is always going to have an unfair physical advantage over my 5 ft 100 lb daughter. And no number of consecutive years of hormone replacement therapy is going to change that.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurraider21: Conservatives can't stop talking about the trans agenda!!!

Also Spurraider21: Submit to the trans agenda

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Where did you get these "overlapping bell curves" id love to see that data. While you can make an argument that bell curves are for the entire population, the entire population isnt out there training day in and day out even for hs or college sports and that would skew the curves

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't realize you guys hated women so much.
    Of course incels like AL hate on women. That's a no-brainer. "Come on man!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like climate change?
    care to elaborate?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    like you've ever engaged in any sport other than compe ive typing or a spelling bee.
    great points!

Find any HS where the JV boys team cannot beat the V girls team. Just one.
    i didnt say this was the case. i just said the differences are not as pronounced in youth sports compared to pro sports. not that they dont exist. the teams probably wouldnt be close. if you are in a division I high school, then the differences will likely be more pronounced than a ty division IV high school like where i was

The Lebron and Mike Miller comment is basically re ed
    lebron has inherent biological advantages over mike miller. why are they allowed to compete against one another? did anybody complain about Usain Bolt and Michael Phelps dominating the compe ion by having natural biological advantages?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lebron has inherent biological advantages over mike miller. why are they allowed to compete against one another? did anybody complain about Usain Bolt and Michael Phelps dominating the compe ion by having natural biological advantages?
    Your argument is just ridiculous at this point.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like climate change?
    That's actually an issue that affects everyone though.

You can infer I'm including you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rep. Michael Skindell should be taken out of the hearings or bound and gagged. No other choices.

Disruptive dipstick.

Also Trill Clinton stop posting obscene pictures without warning.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Democrats are the party of misogyny. This is the same party that recently:

-Elected Joe Biden, a highly suspected sex offender against young women
    -Nominated Hillary Clinton, who would have been the lamest first "woman" president ever for obvious reasons (Bill Clinton's coattails, lesbo allegations, etc)
    -Supported Islamic states imposing Muslim fundamentalist law against the women citizens of the country, suppressing them, disallowing to drive, go out in public unaccompanied by men, and forcing them to dress up like Nazgul wraiths in 130+ degree heat
    -Frequently has attacked Marjorie Taylor-Greene and used misogynistic slurs against her
    -Allowed biological males to identify as females in athletics, reducing actual young women's opportunities for athletic scholarships and compe ive advantage in athletics

-Bonus: The Democrats employ and empower Ilhan Omar, who is openly anti-semitic and firmly in the camp of Louis Farrakhan.

The Democrats are the party of misogyny and racism.
    #VoteGOP

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's actually an issue that affects everyone though.

You can infer I'm including you.
    Derp with another re ed Chinese fortune cookie response.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derp with another re ed Chinese fortune cookie response.
    Where did you get the "fortune cookie" buzzphrase, derp?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where did you get the "fortune cookie" buzzphrase?
    You've been doing it for more than a decade and a half on ST.

This your way of saying you want part of the credit, derp?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You've been doing it for more than a decade and a half on ST.

This your way of saying you want part of the credit, derp?
    You didn't answer the quesiton, derp.

From who did you steal your "fortune cookie" buzzphrase, derp?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You didn't answer the quesiton, derp.

From who did you steal your "fortune cookie" buzzphrase, derp?
    No humping, Derp. I called you out on your sh**. Deal with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No humping, Derp. I called you out on your sh**. Deal with it.
    I'm calling you out on your theft, derp.

From whom did you steal your "fortune cookie" buzzphrase, derp?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm calling you out on your theft
    Derp losing his sh** on me using a colloquial term.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

These Chumpettes are losing it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derp losing his sh** on me using a colloquial term.
    so you admit you lost your when you complained about being called derp, derp.

derp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    great points!

i didnt say this was the case. i just said the differences are not as pronounced in youth sports compared to pro sports. not that they dont exist. the teams probably wouldnt be close. if you are in a division I high school, then the differences will likely be more pronounced than a ty division IV high school like where i was

Your hedging and constant lawyering on an informal discussion forum are tedious. You have no skin in the game and hide behind your caveats.

Lebron and Mike accepted contract offers. You're still being re ed and now you're doubling down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your hedging and constant lawyering on an informal discussion forum are tedious. You have no skin in the game and hide behind your caveats.
    you can call it hedging but im just reiterating what i've already stated

Lebron and Mike accepted contract offers. You're still being re ed and now you're doubling down.
    ok... so if the NCAA offers a trans woman an athletic scholarship and they accept it, we're all good

weird position, but it fits your own criteria

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so you admit you lost your when you complained about being called derp, derp.

derp
    Get a hold of yourself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your argument is just ridiculous at this point.
    i thought this whole argument was about inherent biological advantages

Thread Information