Mahrez’ corner kick deliveries today, damn

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count

They wont make anything good this season.
    They will try harder but the players he has wont magically get better like with Pep.
    Conte will be gone in a couple of years most likely, he just wears players out.
    And he will not get the players he wants at Tottenham, he must have been lonely when he signed on.

As far as McBagpipe, he can stay at PSG and whine with the other fakers.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    They wont make anything good this season.
    They will try harder but the players he has wont magically get better like with Pep.
    Conte will be gone in a couple of years most likely, he just wears players out.
    And he will not get the players he wants at Tottenham, he must have been lonely when he signed on.

As far as McBagpipe, he can stay at PSG and whine with the other fakers.
    by the way, have you seen the Lukaku show?
    The ego on him

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    by the way, have you seen the Lukaku show?
    The ego on him
    The coach and Lukaku are not seeing the situation the same way.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ea-unhappiness

Now that Chelsea has fallen on a bad patch it looks like Thomas T does not take criticism from players.
    He manages a bunch of young guys none of which were untouchable as they spread the goals evenly without any obvious stars.
    Lukaku thought he was brought in to take center stage... oops...

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Benrhama is going through an outstanding bit of play for West Ham.
    He is helping to keep them alive for the top 4. He fits really well with Bowen (speed) and Antonio (speed and strength)
    And he has help with Lanzini to move the ball into the right spots. These 4 together look very capable, but West Ham's defense is depleted.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Benrhama is going through an outstanding bit of play for West Ham.
    He is helping to keep them alive for the top 4. He fits really well with Bowen (speed) and Antonio (speed and strength)
    And he has help with Lanzini to move the ball into the right spots. These 4 together look very capable, but West Ham's defense is depleted.
    They have good chemistry , but Said must be on his way to join the NT as I’m typing this (afcon)

Lanzini’s goal was fantastic

I feel Bowen is underrated, very smart player

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    They have good chemistry , but Said must be on his way to join the NT as I’m typing this (afcon)

Lanzini’s goal was fantastic

I feel Bowen is underrated, very smart player
    Based on West Ham’s schedule I don’t think he will miss as many games as most of the other Afcon players which is a good thing for West Ham.

Bowen is one of those players who came up through the bottom level leagues in England. Kind of amazing but sometimes I get worried they will fall apart when they really are just late bloomers.

Tottenham is awful. I’m waiting for the whole thing to fall apart. Lucky to win against mighty Watford...

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Mendy going to one of England’s most violent prisons, yikes

And apparently a lot of inmates are United supporters

https://twitter.com/norbet/status/14...096825346?s=21

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Son injured for Spurs in the toughest part of the season.
    They have a lot of games in hand and are very close to 4th.

Any dreams on 4th will now be properly squashed.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    holy wat, that Leicester- Tottenham game

wow lol

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count

wow lol
    Insane finish!

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Spurs winning another one in the very last second. like that CL game at Ajax

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count

wow lol
    Bergwjin may have just insured he will be staying with Tottenham now that he is healthy.
    The enticing 4th place finish is still alive but Im not biting. The Covid has turned the schedule into a laughable mess.
    Spurs (5th) have 3 and 4 GAMES IN HAND to both West Ham and Chelsea respectively and the 4th and 3rd place team respectively.

Im still thinking Arsenal in 4th. West Ham just gives up far too many goals which their fans love, but that means they have to keep scoring as well. If Rudiger leaves Chelsea during the transfer window to a German team... Chelsea becomes very vulnerable on defense.

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Chelsea superior talent tames Tottenham.
    Conte gets his first loss in the EPL as Spurs manager.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Great. dive by Tiago Silva

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Sperms with 2 straight losses at home

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Davies, Winks, Dougherty, Davidson Sanchez, Sessignon….

All 5 started.

Rhetorical question:
    What top 10 teams in the EPL would have ANY ONE of these 5 starting?

Answer: None.

Conte signed on, gripes about level of talent and then starts these 5 players… wtf… ?

The Spurs picked up two decent signings but my God. The players above don’t belong in the EPL. They are awful. I will give Sessignon a pass since he is young and awful. The others are proven awful.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    good win for Spurs at the Etihad, much needed after a their losing streak

Pep overthinking again vs an opponent he struggles to beat; "yep, let's have my top scorer start on the bench, it's a brilliant idea"

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    good win for Spurs at the Etihad, much needed after a their losing streak

Pep overthinking again vs an opponent he struggles to beat; "yep, let's have my top scorer start on the bench, it's a brilliant idea"
    The counter attack was vicious.

They can only do this against MC who controlled the ball~ 80% of the game.
    And Conte sat the worst of the above listed.
    The two new signings along with Sanchez the CB did a really good job. Sanchez handball was the correct call but still very difficult to avoid.
    Kane is an incredible long passer on breaks. Pep gonna go after him again…

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    The counter attack was vicious.

They can only do this against MC who controlled the ball~ 80% of the game.
    And Conte sat the worst of the above listed.
    The two new signings along with Sanchez the CB did a really good job. Sanchez handball was the correct call but still very difficult to avoid.
    Kane is an incredible long passer on breaks. Pep gonna go after him again…
    Spurs' defensive block was really good, well organized

Kane has improved so much as a passer the last few years tbh

And Son is the perfect counter attacking player

Pep definitely want ton have 200% possession but at some point you need the break down the defense, that's why Mahrez didn't start, he had to start another MF player for moooaaaaaar possession
    Dumb decision

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Spurs' defensive block was really good, well organized

Kane has improved so much as a passer the last few years tbh

And Son is the perfect counter attacking player

Pep definitely want ton have 200% possession but at some point you need the break down the defense, that's why Mahrez didn't start, he had to start another MF player for moooaaaaaar possession
    Dumb decision
    correction on my part: Romero at CB, Sanchez is awful.

Kind of a strange set of incidents for MC while shooting at the Spurs end.

Lloris absolutley gave them a goal by mishandling.
    Romero hand ball leading to Mahrez freebie which no one could have stopped.

But then MC hitting the woodwork, barely missing wide and high. And then Lloris making two outstanding saves.
    Honestly the game was highlighted by Spurs counterattack and Pep pushed guys way up so it was open. Pep could not possibly gripe about it because the passes to break out were fantastic the entire game. Spurs had multiple runs at goal with few defenders. These are things you dont see in the stats if you just look at shots on goal. The threat of Spurs scoring was there for the entire game. The passing was so good or well intentioned to rally a break. Its quite fantastic to watch a game that good.

But when Tottenham plays a team that are wary, like Wolves, and dont allow for that break... BIG L. the Spurs still have a horrible midfield. There will be very few good shots in front of goal for them once the other team is set well defensively. The only way to crack the safe is to counter break or nick a pass in the other end.

Son is really fast with the ball and coming in from the wing he is deadly scary. Kane is gonna get his wish to be transferred if he keeps up the passing and scoring. Spurs still not a top 4 team but they keep teasing me so its quite infuriating. This is what you get when you root for a 2nd tier team.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    correction on my part: Romero at CB, Sanchez is awful.

Kind of a strange set of incidents for MC while shooting at the Spurs end.

Lloris absolutley gave them a goal by mishandling.
    Romero hand ball leading to Mahrez freebie which no one could have stopped.

But then MC hitting the woodwork, barely missing wide and high. And then Lloris making two outstanding saves.
    Honestly the game was highlighted by Spurs counterattack and Pep pushed guys way up so it was open. Pep could not possibly gripe about it because the passes to break out were fantastic the entire game. Spurs had multiple runs at goal with few defenders. These are things you dont see in the stats if you just look at shots on goal. The threat of Spurs scoring was there for the entire game. The passing was so good or well intentioned to rally a break. Its quite fantastic to watch a game that good.

But when Tottenham plays a team that are wary, like Wolves, and dont allow for that break... BIG L. the Spurs still have a horrible midfield. There will be very few good shots in front of goal for them once the other team is set well defensively. The only way to crack the safe is to counter break or nick a pass in the other end.

Son is really fast with the ball and coming in from the wing he is deadly scary. Kane is gonna get his wish to be transferred if he keeps up the passing and scoring. Spurs still not a top 4 team but they keep teasing me so its quite infuriating. This is what you get when you root for a 2nd tier team.
    Burnley?

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Played stout defense.
    I will keep watching and getting this kind of performance.
    What should I do, just switch teams, its impossible, I dont work like that.

The best this team will give me has already past. A horrible game in the Champions league Final.
    But what can I do... I actually really like the way Brighton plays so I watch them closely. This will get me nowhere on bragging rights though.

Lefty.

I am a total mess. I stick to my team. All because I merely saw them in England and they were named "Spurs".
    I saw West Ham and MC as well but no, SPURS. I root for two SPURS teams... Its a lonely life.

Ok. Back to Rugby this weekend and the 6 Nations. I do love my sports.
    You are a good man for understanding.

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Leeds U was on a terrible streak and the Spurs absolutely pounded them into oblivion.
    Watch out below, relegation is now possible for Leeds.

oh forgot to mention...

Harry Kane yet again not only scoring goals but just makes absolutely fantastic long vertical passes. The guy is the best in the EPL in this area. He is quick to see the break and unloads perfectly weighted long passes on the vertical which is very difficult. Some of it has to be luck because the wind etc... cant be determined that well. On the other hand, he has let go of long vertical passes that are just a fraction off and might have landed perfectly given the right conditions. Its amazing stuff. He is fun to watch.
    Last edited by pgardn; 02-28-2022 at 05:55 PM.

Thread Information