Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Didn't watch the game; but three points on the road was still mission accomplished.
    Though that PK call was typical EPL BS.

Tottenham's next two games against Watford and Crystal Palace are very winnable. They could really start the season on the front foot at 4-0-0.
    They dont have the midfield imo. And the depth is just not there unless there are signings.
    Really the goal for them is top 4. Supposedly their new stadium will bring in big $ so they got kicked upwards in this category. They need to drop out of that silly new European cup they are in, and drop out of the minor English compe ion. they really cant drop the FA cup, its too popular. They would be far better off just having to manage two compe ions with the EPL being the obvious goal. I dont see it unless Nuno is a magician.

I can tell you very clearly they were awful against Wolverhampton. They know it. Sure the W is good. But if the actual games tells us what type of form they are in, thats two games in a row that says awful. I will give credit to Wolverhampton, they overwhelmed Spurs with a better plan and obvious effort. Its soccer. But you cant get away this crap week to week if you are Spurs. Especially with such an obvious lack of depth.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    The paid-off media tried to steal Harry Kane for MC. No dice.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    That's a game changer.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    I said last season that Everton was looking for real. They're not taking any steps back so far.
    Though it was funny watching the big argument over who would take the PK.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    That Gallagher guy on Crystal Palace looking like a good addition.

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    I'm thinking about subscribing to Pea . I haven't been able to catch much of the action live thus far.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Three wins and three clean sheets to start Tottenham's campaign for the first time in their history.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Three wins and three clean sheets to start Tottenham's campaign for the first time in their history.
    First time ever Tottenham at the top of the table and Arsenal at the bottom of the table at the seame time.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Not a single minute in the United shirt and Ronaldo has the same number of goals as Arsenal

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Tottenham played much better but clearly against a weaker Watford team. Again, lack of depth in the midfield is a problem. I believe Oliver Skipp is just a player to stick in. I will say having two very defensive midfielders, one being Hojbjerg is a big advantage for Dier and Sanchez. One of these two CB should basically be replaced as the season goes on or Tottenham bought a way to expensive backup CB. Deli, Bergwijn, Moura will be dead by the end of the season if they continue to have to run as hard and as much as they do.

Wolves should have at least tied or beaten Manchester United, even though MU played them much better second half than Tottenham. So Wolves domination of Tottenham last week seems more reasonable.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Tottenham played much better but clearly against a weaker Watford team. Again, lack of depth in the midfield is a problem. I believe Oliver Skipp is just a player to stick in. I will say having two very defensive midfielders, one being Hojbjerg is a big advantage for Dier and Sanchez. One of these two CB should basically be replaced as the season goes on or Tottenham bought a way to expensive backup CB. Deli, Bergwijn, Moura will be dead by the end of the season if they continue to have to run as hard and as much as they do.

Wolves should have at least tied or beaten Manchester United, even though MU played them much better second half than Tottenham. So Wolves domination of Tottenham last week seems more reasonable.
    Watford was a disciplined but weak side. The warning signs are there.

Dele Alli did not have a strong impact in the midfield, offensively or defensively from what I saw.

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Watford was a disciplined but weak side. The warning signs are there.

Dele Alli did not have a strong impact in the midfield, offensively or defensively from what I saw.

He is a very strange type of midfielder.
    He cannot dribble the ball for any length of time, he is weak and can get knocked off the ball 1 v 1.
    Very good at pinching the ball off other players in their half and then a quick pass to get things started close to goal. he can score some tremendous goals and can be very tricky in front of goal and from behind other players on defense.

You just wont see him with the ball very much, he gets rid of it quickly, and rightly so because he cant maintain possession if marked closely. So lots of games it will look like he is not even on the pitch. I like having these types of midfielders IF they are backed by a good possession man. Tottenham does not have a real go to midfielder. A general. Eriksen was that in his earlier years. He was very good. But he showed decline his last year under Ponch. It was obvious. And he knew he was not going anywhere further with Tottenham if he was in the same role, he needed more around him. At one time, he could run things fine with other decent midfielders. And then he became decent himself.
    Lo Celso and or Ndombele were bought to play the role and its not even close to working out.

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    If you really like Tottenham dont get your hopes up.
    They started well last season with a far better team.
    But they had an absolute destroyer of a manager so it was inevitable it would fail.

Nuno has a huge job to make the top 4, I dont see it.

MC
    Chelsea
    Liverpool
    MU

In that order.

I will put LC, Everton, and I will put bottom rung Wolves (their manager has them playing very hard) better than Tottenham. Possibly West Ham as well.
    I hope I am wrong. Arsenal is actually loaded with players, especially young ones, but I have never seen a team so unable to play with each other. Honestly they hide when a teammate with the ball is in trouble, they wont even attempt to show for a teammate if the situation has the possibility of making them look bad. If Arteta leaves and someone can get these freaks together they can still go 5th imo.
    Last edited by pgardn; 08-30-2021 at 09:52 PM.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    If you really like Tottenham dont get your hopes up.
    They started well last season with a far better team.
    But they had an absolute destroyer of a manager so it was inevitable it would fail.

Nuno has a huge job to make the top 4, I dont see it.

MC
    Chelsea
    Liverpool
    MU

In that order.

I will put LC, Everton, and I will put bottom rung Wolves (their manager has them playing very hard) better than Tottenham. Possibly West Ham as well.
    I hope I am wrong. Arsenal is actually loaded with players, especially young ones, but I have never seen a team so unable to play with each other. Honestly they hide when a teammate with the ball is in trouble, they wont even attempt to show for a teammate if the situation has the possibility of making them look bad. If Arteta leaves and someone can get these freaks together they can still go 5th imo.
    I agree; but the games are played for a reason. Tottenham have a reasonable if not great shot at making Champions League, especially if their defense hold up very well.

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    I agree; but the games are played for a reason. Tottenham have a reasonable if not great shot at making Champions League, especially if their defense hold up very well.
    Its just my prediction but I will add more to your case:

Their defense is not getting exposed quite as much and they have possibly better CB waiting his turn and like I said they really have two MF playing in front of Sanchez and Dier. Last year it was just Hojbjerg. The real revelation has been Japhet Tanganga. He has been almost too good from what was expected on defense. Im waiting for him to crumble.
    Hojbjerg has also been very good. Lloris has not had a lot of shots to defend.

Its the long haul. They must get some more players. They have some really useless players now imo... Winks, Doherty, Davies (edit Davies gone FINALLY), Ndombele (flat out just does not want to play; homesick, get him back to France)

And then how Kane plays... If he wants his value to remain high he must 1. play well 2. not get injured for the millionth time
    Because City do want him badly. Hes only got a few years left for high output.

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    That African on the right side is a tough guy and so far pretty good

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    He can get a little over aggressive though. At some point someone gonna put a move on him at forty yards out and go straight to goal.

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Thats Japhet Tanganga. born in London and English, parents from the Congo.

He is really a central back but they are playing him at RB because that side has just fallen apart.
    At the very end of the transfer window Tottenham received a RB from Barcelona (a Brazilian) they call him Royal for 20. So it will be interesting to see how quickly they try to move the Royal one out there as Tanganga is playing out of position but apparently shockingly well. I would not know as I saw him only infrequently before. And in the first three games he has been good on his gambles and actually crossed the ball well. He did a good job on Grealish imo.

Anyways no really big move for a known quality midfielder. There is a guy that played very well with Harry Kane (he gave Kane a number of really good passes with 1 assist) in that silly Euro mess they are in. He is from Spain. And he looks like he has skills, but the change in the way tackles are refereed... you got to be tough on the ball, and he is a little guy. Which does not automatically mean he will get knocked off the ball (Modric was a little guy for Spurs who was impossible to get the ball off of).

And still absolutely no backup for Kane. And we know Kane will get injured if he plays hard. And apparently he says he is all in for Spurs and some sort of trophy this year. Well it better be the FA cup trophy because I would rather Spurs just drop out of the two other tournament compe ions. And I can guarantee it wont be the EPL le cup.

The goal has to be a top 4 finish. Let Kane go for some big enough money to bring in ... , Spurs will need just about everything but a goalie assuming Lloris can stay young. Son is the only guy they absolutely keep.

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    Yeah Tanganga is the dude has been good in the games I saw.
    I can see why he is a defender. He is fast enough though.
    Spurs in first is fun. May not last. So what

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Yeah Tanganga is the dude has been good in the games I saw.
    I can see why he is a defender. He is fast enough though.
    Spurs in first is fun. May not last. So what
    No midfield.
    No Son.
    Crushed.

Inevitable.
    The only hope is Mourhino is no longer coach.
    I like Nuno, he put a crap team on the field today, but that’s what happens with zero depth.
    Spurs were thoroughly beaten like a division II team.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    He can get a little over aggressive though. At some point someone gonna put a move on him at forty yards out and go straight to goal.
    I was underselling it. Those yellows/red cost Tottenham the game.

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    I was underselling it. Those yellows/red cost Tottenham the game.
    No it did not.

They were completely out played before and after this.
    You need to Watch the games.

They had no business winning that game with 12 players on the field, it was hugely lopsided.
    Get this into your head and understand it. NO, midfield. Oliver Skipp and Harry Winks could not play for Brighton. I cant name a team who would use either of these two in the midfield. Dier getting injured really hurt as Jophet playing CB which is his real position was totally over manned and is young and lashed out and getting attacked so often. When the other team is in your third the entire damn game this happens.

You really need pea because you are not seeing the full story and its obvious. Crystal Palace was by far the better team, it was not even close. You cant just look at a score and look at highlights and think you got it.

Thread Information