Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Biletnikoff winner transferring

Basically it's becoming baseball where there is no salary cap.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    i think we've just seen the tip of the iceberg, tbh.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Basically it's becoming baseball where there is no salary cap.
    i think we've just seen the tip of the iceberg, tbh.
    The NIL in conjunction with the portal is the explosive mixture.
    Its possible really good HS players go to schools to get groomed and get money to enable switching schools for more and more money later.
    Get an injury, still get that NIL money, then have a good year on the field. Switch schools for more money. Stay in college for six years making good money and then possibly go pro.

It could get extraordinarily chaotic. But it is very interesting.
    And I have read we will not see expanded playoffs till 2026.
    I see a lot of reason for kids not to care about winning just making some money after HS. Also have to believe agents have already descended upon HS kids and especially their parents. HS and college could have a whole section of their programs devoted to dealing with agents.

Who knows...

Will the market be determined by boosters or boosters in conjunction with school evaluations... its nuts...

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    The NIL in conjunction with the portal is the explosive mixture.
    Its possible really good HS players go to schools to get groomed and get money to enable switching schools for more and more money later.
    Get an injury, still get that NIL money, then have a good year on the field. Switch schools for more money. Stay in college for six years making good money and then possibly go pro.

It could get extraordinarily chaotic. But it is very interesting.
    And I have read we will not see expanded playoffs till 2026.
    I see a lot of reason for kids not to care about winning just making some money after HS. Also have to believe agents have already descended upon HS kids and especially their parents. HS and college could have a whole section of their programs devoted to dealing with agents.

Who knows...

Will the market be determined by boosters or boosters in conjunction with school evaluations... its nuts...
    yes, i'm afraid it's just a matter of time until the high schools are impacted. we already see it on a small scale and that's without money involved. we could also see kids foregoing their senior years in order to avoid injuries once they have a deal in place.

academically, it's a mess. schools like A$M are going to become even more football obsessed.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    yes, i'm afraid it's just a matter of time until the high schools are impacted. we already see it on a small scale and that's without money involved. we could also see kids foregoing their senior years in order to avoid injuries once they have a deal in place.

academically, it's a mess. schools like A$M are going to become even more football obsessed.
    Dont leave UT out.
    You dont get an offensive line like they just got with a 5-7 record? without the bucks.
    USC is going to be absolutely nuts. They have some huge donors and I guarantee Lincoln Riley was told this and to use it.

Apparently we have agents talking to agents to get players moved as well...

Very good point about kids and their senior year. Ewers basically pulled it already.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    This guy below on the utube is very well versed but obviously provocative in order to get the type of viewership he gets. But the youtube below does get to the problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhA6qqd4eIY

He basically says dont just throw darts at Lincoln Riley as twitter is not reliable, but then goes on to say he knows a good number of other coaches/teams that "tamper".
    Then at 8:26 to about 8:50 while he is mentioning "dont just blame Riley", they show a number of players from specific SCHOOLS up in the left hand corner? Is this a coincidence because these teams shown have landed some very big needs in the Portal? Like why show those specific teams WHILE you talk about tampering. btw its Wisconsin, Iowa, Florida, and LSU? Im thinking, why show those teams while speaking about tampering being widespread?

If I did a youtube I dont think I would show specific teams all of the sudden up in the left hand corner... while mentioning OTHER schools are tampering? Does it not imply "these are the other schools I know/have heard about" ?

btw
    Xavier Worthy from Texas basically said he had offers from USC to move, but he did not say Riley contacted him on the deal.
    Its also possible Xavier just wanted more NIL money from Texas as well I would guess?
    Anyways, a mess...

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    This guy below on the utube is very well versed but obviously provocative in order to get the type of viewership he gets. But the youtube below does get to the problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhA6qqd4eIY

He basically says dont just throw darts at Lincoln Riley as twitter is not reliable, but then goes on to say he knows a good number of other coaches/teams that "tamper".
    Then at 8:26 to about 8:50 while he is mentioning "dont just blame Riley", they show a number of players from specific SCHOOLS up in the left hand corner? Is this a coincidence because these teams shown have landed some very big needs in the Portal? Like why show those specific teams WHILE you talk about tampering. btw its Wisconsin, Iowa, Florida, and LSU? Im thinking, why show those teams while speaking about tampering being widespread?

If I did a youtube I dont think I would show specific teams all of the sudden up in the left hand corner... while mentioning OTHER schools are tampering? Does it not imply "these are the other schools I know/have heard about" ?

btw
    Xavier Worthy from Texas basically said he had offers from USC to move, but he did not say Riley contacted him on the deal.
    Its also possible Xavier just wanted more NIL money from Texas as well I would guess?
    Anyways, a mess...

a total mess. not even the professional leagues allow tampering. i read that the pitt coach personally called riley to accuse him of stealing his WR.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    a total mess. not even the professional leagues allow tampering. i read that the pitt coach personally called riley to accuse him of stealing his WR.
    On some other sites it says players are being used to talk $ to come to their team.
    USC quarterback accused of tampering with I dont know whom. Some indicate X. Worthy and the Pitt kid?

So we got parents, players, agents, private coaches acting as agents and coaching, HS coaches, asst. coaches, specific staff who just recruit, head coaches, boosters... all accused in "tampering".

I guess one way to stop some of this is a player must sit a year (or more)? I dont even know if its legal or not and if it would be challenged.
    Christ...

ONe thing that seems apparent to me is the NCAA is given NO teeth by the big schools with money. And the employees of the NCAA are just more than happy to only deal with the NCAA basketball tourney as their major contribution to college sports.

Well I guess its interesting reads for me to see how this all ends up.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ness-payments/

the craziest thing i read in this article was the quote from a coach saying that he has boosters recruiting athletes that he's not even interested in.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ness-payments/

the craziest thing i read in this article was the quote from a coach saying that he has boosters recruiting athletes that he's not even interested in.
    Boosters "telling" coaches who they like as players... ? "Here, you will take this guy."
    Maybe the NCAA is allowing this whole thing to reach such egregious levels so that they can then actually win a court case.
    I am probably giving them too much credit. But I do wonder who is putting up the money so the NCAA can find lawyers willing to take on some of these more outlandish cases and maybe use this as a "see, this is what this part of the NIL leads to". I have a feeling if the NCAA gets challenged on some of the so called "long standing rules" that they could still enforce they might lose in court yet again. The schools dont seem like they want to give the NCAA teeth. They are fine with the NCAA being the whipping boy imo. And the NCAA is fine with basically making a living doing the basketball tournament.

At this rate, NFL players who have not used up their eligibility might want to come back to college football. Then years of eligibility numbers get tested in court and it is ruled eligibility can be extended drastically. j/k but its crazy.

BTW. Texas might be trying to get Addison as well. His coach from Pitt is the receivers coach at Texas. And Texas lost a WR to the portal. We will see... Maybe UT is just trying to run up the cost for USC.
    Who knows. Makes interesting reading. Thanks for the article.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I would really appreciate seeing an actual NIL contract and forcing my father to run through it for me. And then run it by some of the lawyers on this board as well… See what players are bound by contractually with whatever en y and if the players could cir vent restrictions.

I have zero idea what one of these contracts would say and then actually mean.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Here is Fisher's response: Hes late so go to 9:30 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyheYr3rJdw

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The outrage and whining of both coaches is laughable imo.
    The hypocrisy is just absolutely amazing and the attempt to misdirect various talking points blatantly shows both these guys are full of (sh) it.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    They both spoke truth. Saban is recruiting boosters in his calculated speech and Fisher is protecting his job, school, recruits/parents.

Ultimately Saban crossed a small line by making strong accusations without concrete proof.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count

Race card while simultaneously arguing "your people" don't deserve to be paid equally. This is why FSU requires a degree to be head coach.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    They both spoke truth. Saban is recruiting boosters in his calculated speech and Fisher is protecting his job, school, recruits/parents.

Ultimately Saban crossed a small line by making strong accusations without concrete proof.
    Bull ...
    total bs really.

They both present sides that represent a real problem.
    But the examples and the misdirection's they both use is outrageous if you know the history of BOTH coaches.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    i personally think that fisher and the AD both went way overboard in their reactions. i can say, with no uncertainty, that there are a bunch of good ol' boys doing whatever they can to get top players over to A&M. saban wasn't really all that wrong, tbh, when it came to A&M or in saying that 'bama is going to struggle to outbid either A&M or UT. but saban should have shut his mouth about jackson state. as for the aggies, just shut up and leave it for the field.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count

Race card while simultaneously arguing "your people" don't deserve to be paid equally. This is why FSU requires a degree to be head coach.
    sanders probably did play the race card but it's going to work for him because there's no doubt that HBCUs are at a huge disadvantage. saban can't make jackson state out to be some sort of threat and he comes off as en led here. that comment was all about sour grapes on missing out on the top recruit.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    i personally think that fisher and the AD both went way overboard in their reactions. i can say, with no uncertainty, that there are a bunch of good ol' boys doing whatever they can to get top players over to A&M. saban wasn't really all that wrong, tbh, when it came to A&M or in saying that 'bama is going to struggle to outbid either A&M or UT. but saban should have shut his mouth about jackson state. as for the aggies, just shut up and leave it for the field.
    its very clear ATM and UT benefit greatly from the NIL.
    The recruiting classes for both stellar. ATM alltime great with an 8-4 record (1 great win; 4 horrid loses) and then refuse the bowl game. UT without an o line Recruits their BEST offensive line ever after being 5-7 and just horrid?

Fisher: "You blame these 17 yo kids for making these decisions, how dare you?" (paraphrase). Like it had nothing to do with $ and EVERYTHING to do with fine upstanding coaches, the college, and players already on the team... total BS... " I do not cheat or lie; you get hit upside the head in my family..." Whut?
    So much more misdirection in a very short period of time.

Saban: "They paid every player" While HE and JIMBo already okd paying and did various other rule breaking actions and were penalized for it when it was illegal. Jimbo and Saint Nick both know where the bodies are buried and they challenged each other because... THEY buried the damn bodies. Saban acting like he knows these guys want to cheat because his NIL will most likely not be as fruitful as other boosters from other schools. The level playing field BS... Newsflash Nick, its legal to pay players...

Unbelievable Lying and misdirection. So fkn Trumpish. (Sorry for the politics but I need a well known liar everyone remembers)

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    UT now recruiting Addison hard in case anyone missed it.
    After Riley is accused of getting him into the portal.
    Chaos.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    It's pretty simple. The schools with the richest booster clubs will have the highest ranked signing classes. Tradition, winning and coaching players up to the NFL are not the big factors they were yesteryear.

There's no way this wasn't going to go this way and there's no going back. The only way forward is to figure out a way to have team salary caps like the NFL and NBA..... which I don't see happening. The Aggies will now be a true le contender for the foreseeable future while we might start finally seeing the slow downhill decline of the Tide. Tough , Saban. Is what it is.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    The other thing here too is that kids won't be jumping to the NFL as fast if they're getting paid in college. We may see a lot of high profile players stay all four years now.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Saban apologizes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzlT5ewbBsM

Actually I really cant wait for Alabama v. ATM now.
    Maybe CFB needs trash talking coaches like MMA combatants.
    So many of them are not these squeaky clean leaders of men they claim to be.
    So let it fly...

Maybe both Saban and Jimbo get run over on sideline plays during the game and zero kids get hurt.
    Justice served. I wish that kicker in the pros that Urban Meyer kneed or whatever would be allowed to beat Urban's ass.

Post Count
    NIL make a mockery of the "amateur" athletics.

Thread Information