Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    NIL make a mockery of the "amateur" athletics.
    Bijan Robinson has a NIL deal with Lamborghini.
    Yes he is driving one. I guess it’s his… He is giving incoming commits drives.
    So yeah…This is clearly semi pro football.
    And Bijan was at a Mavs playoff game with Patrick Mahomes. I wonder who paid for Beer.

This info is all free and open to the public (not the contract itself) I don’t think Jimbo F wants this kind of stuff out though. UT just chilling with it.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    " week after announcing a $200 million facilities project, the Texas Tech football team got another boost Monday when the Matador Club, a local collective, told the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal that it will sign 100 Red Raiders players to one-year, $25,000 NIL contracts...."

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...s-matador-club

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Nice for the players there. Not enough to pull big time players but still nice gesture

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    Nice for the players there. Not enough to pull big time players but still nice gesture
    it has made tcu very salty bruh

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    it has made tcu very salty bruh
    Lol

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    well, , all of texas is a desert now, tbh.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    "Unintended consequences"
    "We didn't forsee this happening"

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    "Unintended consequences"
    "We didn't forsee this happening"
    Not much they can do to stop it. I'm not even sure they can legally impose an NIL cap

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    Roethlisberger

“I feel like the game has changed. I feel like the people have changed in a sense. Maybe it’s because I got spoiled when I came in. The team was so important. It was all about the team. Now, it’s about me and this, that and the other.

“I might be standing on a soapbox a little bit, but that’s my biggest takeaway from when I started to the end. It turned from a team-first to a me-type at ude. It was hard. It’s hard for these young guys, too. Social media. They’re treated so well in college. Now, this new NIL stuff, which is unbelievable. They’re treated so special. They’re coddled at a young age because college coaches need them to win, too. I know coach [Terry] Hoeppner never coddled me [at Miami of Ohio]. Neither did [Bill] Cowher.”

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I get the "back in muh day we had team loyalty and stuff" but as much as the NCAA and the schools make off of these kids, I don't give a . No problem with these kids putting in the work and getting theirs.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    "......this summer Ryan Day set the bar at $13 million for Ohio State to keep their roster intact — the money comes from outside collectives and their new brand ambassador program. Michigan has similar constructs that can offer the same money, or more, according to Harbaugh at Big Ten Media Day on Tuesday.

“My thoughts were I think we can do more,” Harbaugh said. “Maybe we can even double that at Michigan. I think that’s possible. And I think it’s going in a terrific direction that way.”

https://www.maizenbrew.com/football/...-media-day-nil

It won't be long until teams NIL totals hit $50 mil

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    I get the "back in muh day we had team loyalty and stuff" but as much as the NCAA and the schools make off of these kids, I don't give a . No problem with these kids putting in the work and getting theirs.
    if thats how u feel then all womens sports should be eliminated along with non revenue male sports.......all money should got to football/basketball players only with a sprinke of baseball

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    I think you'll see student attendance at games plummet even further as resentment grows. Dumb jocks are already disliked inside the classroom.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    if thats how u feel then all womens sports should be eliminated along with non revenue male sports.......all money should got to football/basketball players only with a sprinke of baseball
    I don't care what sports programs the schools want to have or not have. I have mixed feelings on le 9 but if fielding a women's volleyball team is part of the cost of doing football business then so be it.

And it's not like girls aren't getting some nice NIL deals themselves

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I think you'll see student attendance at games plummet even further as resentment grows. Dumb jocks are already disliked inside the classroom.
    Lol resentment for what? Getting paid? I had a few athletes in my classes and was jealous how little they came to class but didn't resent them.
    Last edited by Blake; 07-28-2022 at 10:30 AM.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    Lol resentment for what? Getting paid? I had a few athletes in my classes and was jealous how little they came to class but didn't resent them.
    The players will be flossing their belongings. Which were earned for bouncing a ball. Meanwhile the other people in the classroom are doing actual mental work.

This has always been the case but just worsened 10 fold. If you polled every College student in America, most would prefer there not to be athletics on campus.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    The players will be flossing their belongings. Which were earned for bouncing a ball. Meanwhile the other people in the classroom are doing actual mental work.

This has always been the case but just worsened 10 fold. If you polled every College student in America, most would prefer there not to be athletics on campus.
    Lol wut?

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I'm all for it, great for the sport, great for the athletes but I think the long term effect is that it will further separate haves and have nots. Is what it is tho. Go get the money young people.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Hmm...

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    How the is Florida State facing a $30 revenue gap

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    FrostKing fsu d lineman has entered the portal..........fsu mods say he is asking fsu to pay him jared verse nil money or he is staying in portal..........more fsu dlineman are expected to do the same........

Thread Information