Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I wasn't feeling it but they could have made an entire movie about Ray's character in prison. I didn't like Christophaaaah narrating from the beyond. Didn't care for the Punisher as Tony's father. Didn't care for the side story of the riots but would have like to have seen more of the development of the black gangs and how it interlaced with Frank Lucas. Everyone other than Michael who was playing a well established, iconic character had their work cut out of them. Even Michael had to be on point but his mannerisms already showed James' genetics.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Also it's pretty clear from where David Chase left the ending that there will be a sequel.
    Felt this Saints schpeel was strictly about money. Probably Chase or related needed bucks. Or chase promised Galfandini he would get his son in as a trade off for his sticking out the final suck ass Sopranos season. Behind the scenes the crew was definitely falling apart.
    All the b.s. about needing to show the foundation etc is nonsense.

Waited 14 years for this turd? (disclaimer i haven't even seen it yet but believe all the board reviews.)
    Pass for now. I'll eventually watch it.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    3/5.

Better than average. Ret-conning Silvio and Pussy's ages to Paulie's age was stupid. Ending was meh.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Also...what a terrible, terrible Frank Lucas. It was Flava Flav in Lucas' most famous coat. Just awful. Worse than the Mad TV version of Silvio.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Felt this Saints schpeel was strictly about money. Probably Chase or related needed bucks. Or chase promised Galfandini he would get his son in as a trade off for his sticking out the final suck ass Sopranos season. Behind the scenes the crew was definitely falling apart.
    All the b.s. about needing to show the foundation etc is nonsense.

Waited 14 years for this turd? (disclaimer i haven't even seen it yet but believe all the board reviews.)
    Pass for now. I'll eventually watch it.
    I loved the last season of Sopranos. The finale is one of my favorite episodes of TV ever, from Phil getting whacked and then driven over to that FBI agent's reaction to Tony never seeing it coming when Members Only Guy came out of the toilet with more than his in his hand while Meadow wasn't there to block the assassin's line of sight since she was so ty at parallel parking.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I hated the ending of this film so much too. Blech.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I wasn't feeling it but they could have made an entire movie about Ray's character in prison. I didn't like Christophaaaah narrating from the beyond. Didn't care for the Punisher as Tony's father. Didn't care for the side story of the riots but would have like to have seen more of the development of the black gangs and how it interlaced with Frank Lucas. Everyone other than Michael who was playing a well established, iconic character had their work cut out of them. Even Michael had to be on point but his mannerisms already showed James' genetics.
    Yeah Christopher's whining was tiresome. Like he didn't earn his death with all the times he ed up. Though I guess I would have never believed Tony didn't Adriana if I was in his shoes too.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Yeah it was kind of mediocre. Not terrible, but surely not good either. Ray Liotta stole every scene he was in and the woman playing Tony's mom was awesome too. But ie Moltisanti was wholly uninteresting, Pussy and Sylvio being 15 years older than Tony was re ed when they were roughly the same age in the show, Sylvio's combover and hairpiece weren't funny, Paulie's exaggerated speech that sounded like a Mad TV caricature of Sopranos Paulie was terrible, focusing so much of the movie on the riots was dumb, Johnny Boy was nowhere near as charismatic a character as he was on Sopranos, Junior was way more of a bumbling idiot than he was as an old man on Sopranos, and then the way ie was whacked was pretty awful too storywise. I gave it a 4/10 in the other thread and that was only because of Liotta and the woman playing Livia. Also it's pretty clear from where David Chase left the ending that there will be a sequel. Hope it's a lot better when it can focus on Tony instead of a boring character like ie Moltisanti. It's like the movie equivalent of Snoop Dogg's second album, after leaving Dre. Something we were hyped for and all figured would be amazing, came out, and it was pure mediocrity.

The gangster as mentor story was told so much better in A Bronx Tale. This one fell flat IMO.
    Groupie was great, and a few other tracks were solid but dam the Doggfather.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah Christopher's whining was tiresome. Like he didn't earn his death with all the times he ed up. Though I guess I would have never believed Tony didn't Adriana if I was in his shoes too.
    But Adriana looks like someone who everyone already ed and wasn't Christopher going to basically die either way? Tony just helped him along.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That was kinda boring, I was on my phone a lot. Like baseline said, I just didn't care for ie as the main character and found him very uninteresting. The stuff with the riots had no place in the movie and they put so much focus on it. The only parts I enjoyed were the parts with Tony (really thought this movie was gonna be about him and that's what I cared about more) and some of the performances like Livia and Junior. Would not watch again.
    Last edited by timtonymanu; 10-04-2021 at 03:38 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Also the goomar. She was hot but I didn't care about her character either lol.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    That was kinda boring, I was on my phone a lot. Like baseline said, I just didn't care for ie as the main character and found him very uninteresting. The stuff with the riots had no place in the movie and they put so much focus on it. The only parts I enjoyed were the parts with Tony (really thought this movie was gonna be about him and that's what I cared about more) and some of the performances like Livia and Junior. Would not watch again.
    You liked Junior in this? IDK, seemed like all he did is yell 'your sisters cunt' the whole movie while looking like a re . All the focus on Harold and the riots and such just seemed like a big troll job from David Chase to make you think ie was murdered by him and oops, no at the last second we see it's Junior pissed that ie laughed at him for falling down in the rain haha got'heem.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You liked Junior in this? IDK, seemed like all he did is yell 'your sisters cunt' the whole movie while looking like a re . All the focus on Harold and the riots and such just seemed like a big troll job from David Chase to make you think ie was murdered by him and oops, no at the last second we see it's Junior pissed that ie laughed at him for falling down in the rain haha got'heem.
    I thought the actor playing him did fine. It’s more the writing and the dialogue he was given that ruined it for me. Basically was there to yell out lines for fan service. Easily the worst for me was Silvio. It really did feel like I was watching an SNL performance with him. I seriously cannot believe this exist now lol. At least with El Camino, while unnecessary, it still felt like I was watching something related to Breaking Bad. This movie was like a watered down version of Scorsese films mixed with fan service nonsense “Remember this in The Sopranos?!”

Even when the theme song played at the end, even though it’s catchy and iconic, I didn’t feel like hyped or that it earned that moment. Just another fan service moment to make people think this movie had anything to offer lol.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I agree with people that say this should have been a mini series instead of a movie. I could have been fine with the Harold story if they gave them more time and episodes to really develop the story. It was all just rushed and none of the stories fit together in the film.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    There was a little more to it. Johnny told him he was a failure while he was in the can letting the mullinyans move into the neighborhood and says, "why can't you be like ie" or some like that. Junior was told that Tony only listens to ie when Junior said he would talk with Tony. They build to ie being the rising star and Junior was a putz acting Capo while Johnny was gone and was basically told twice he was inferior to ie, so he had him whacked.

Not saying the ending was any better because of it. Should have been fleshed out more.

I just wish they would have shown who the triggerman was to verify the episode when Tony told Chris it was that retiring detective. I dunno if they ever proved it was him or not in the series.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It was basically a group of nobodies doing cheesy impersonations of well established characters. I couldn't take them seriously.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Pathetic.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Just when it started to get good, it was over. Looking forward to the next one though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Just when it started to get good, it was over. Looking forward to the next one though.
    What was the good part at the end? When he boned stepmom and then dumped her in the drink?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What was the good part at the end? When he boned stepmom and then dumped her in the drink?
    Nothing specifically good. I just thought the show started to get interesting from around the time ie decided to stay out of Tony's life to the end. Maybe the next one will be an actual Tony Soprano story.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Nothing specifically good. I just thought the show started to get interesting from around the time ie decided to stay out of Tony's life to the end. Maybe the next one will be an actual Tony Soprano story.
    LOL when he shoved teen Carmella onto the sidewalk when he couldn't get his Rolling Rock. I hope they get rid of Hairpiece Sylvio in the sequel.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    This was pretty disappointing tbh. Not awful I suppose…maybe I am being to harsh because I had high expectations given how goody the show was.

for the record. I didn’t expect it to be soprano levels good, but just thought it would be a lot better than it was.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I still hope they have the scene of Tony banging a young Charmaine Bucco in the sequel.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Just when you thought you was out... they pulled you back in

Thread Information