My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    she tweeted this before the story blew up

https://twitter.com/rachel__nichols/...565270534?s=21

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She said nothing negative about Taylor, she was refusing to sign on to whatever they were wanting her to do. The quote in the tweet was intentionally taken out of context to generate buzz. "Find it somewhere else" wasn't referring to Taylor, but to Rachel.

Rachel Nichols: “If you need to give her more things to do because you are feeling pressure about your crappy longtime record on diversity — which, by the way, I know personally from the female side of it — like, go for it. Just find it somewhere else. You're not going to get it from me.” Actual quote
    Well, actually she did made it sound like Taylor got the job because she's black, not because she earned it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, actually she did made it sound like Taylor got the job because she's black, not because she earned it.
    So on one hand, Rachel tells ESPN they have a crappy diversity record. On the other she's racist against Taylor, who she compliments during the call. This doesn't jive. I know it's sensational but would anyone here even bat an eye if Taylor was just another female? Aren't people using reverse racism a bit here by using Taylor as a mechanism to create more clickbait?

They can all sit there and ask basically the same thing about Kevin Love's appearance on the Olympic team, that's ok.
    Last edited by DMC; 07-05-2021 at 10:47 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ESPN analyst Jalen Rose apologized Sunday after he argued that Cleveland Cavaliers star Kevin Love made USA Basketball’s Olympic roster as a token White man on what should have been an all-Black team.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ESPN analyst Jalen Rose apologized Sunday after he argued that Cleveland Cavaliers star Kevin Love made USA Basketball’s Olympic roster as a token White man on what should have been an all-Black team.
    ...and he won't even have to enter a concentrat...re-education camp like the white folk do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So on one hand, Rachel tells ESPN they have a crappy diversity record. On the other she's racist against Taylor, who she compliments during the call. This doesn't jive. I know it's sensational but would anyone here even bat an eye if Taylor was just another female? Aren't people using reverse racism a bit here by using Taylor as a mechanism to create more clickbait?

They can all sit there and ask basically the same thing about Kevin Love's appearance on the Olympic team, that's ok.
    No, actually she's saying straight up Taylor is getting more to do because this guy specifically needs to fix up his diversity record. She can compliment Taylor all she wants, but there's no spinning she also thinks Taylor is getting more play because she's black.

Anyways, not saying it's right or wrong, or who is in the right here, just pointing out why some colleagues took exception to what she said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, actually she's saying straight up Taylor is getting more to do because this guy specifically needs to fix up his diversity record. She can compliment Taylor all she wants, but there's no spinning she also thinks Taylor is getting more play because she's black.

Anyways, not saying it's right or wrong, or who is in the right here, just pointing out why some colleagues took exception to what she said.
    Actually she said IF that's why he's doing it, to look for opportunities elsewhere because she didn't want to give up her job.

The fact of the matter is that organizations are kowtowing to pressure to diversify regardless of ability. Exclusion is bad, but balance based on ethnicity instead of ability creates the victim mentality that people like Rachel and Jalen express. If it wasn't happening, it's unlikely we'd see people about losing their jobs to less qualified people simply based on the appearance of equal opportunity. I get it that, when you have a front line from CEO down to the management of good ol' white boy clubs, it's really hard for a minority to break through regardless of their abilities, so in a way white people bring this on themselves. If they don't like it, complain about these all white offices you work in instead of thinking it's just something minorities don't want to do anyhow.
    Last edited by DMC; 07-05-2021 at 03:23 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Maria Taylor ain't great, but neither is Rachel Nichols. It's not like Nichols is irreplaceable. Her best attribute is the fact she's been around long enough that she seems to have pretty good relationships with players and former players. In fact, if it's about knowledge and talent, they should give more analyst work to Doris Burke. She may look and sound like a dude, but I think she knows what she's talking about. In fact, I think I'd like her better as an analyst than a color guy anyway. And that chick Chiney Ogwumike is better than both Taylor and Nichols, but I don't know if she can carry a show as a host.
    This. Rachel is overrated the female mike greeny or golic. Key isn't very good and neither is Jay will.
    Espn was at its best with the old anchors of svp kilborn Olbermann stu Scott (slightly overrated) and of course dan Patrick. Espn has bern mediocre the last 10-15 years.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Diversity is our strength

Unity is overrated

It kneels or else it gets the hose again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kKKnichols

All these crakas pretending they’re not some racist ed.

Go get your bag Maria!

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count

Anyone up for some expired cottage cheese?
    Damn! She really got fat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn! She really got fat.
    She's one of those chicks where her face doesn't really show what the rest of her be like, fat-wise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually she said IF that's why he's doing it, to look for opportunities elsewhere because she didn't want to give up her job.
    But the "if" is immaterial to the part that matters. Take this statement: "If you need to give her more things to do because she's been phenomenal..." then this wouldn't be an issue at all.

With that statement she's implying that black people get more play due to some diversity quota.

The fact of the matter is that organizations are kowtowing to pressure to diversify regardless of ability. Exclusion is bad, but balance based on ethnicity instead of ability creates the victim mentality that people like Rachel and Jalen express. If it wasn't happening, it's unlikely we'd see people about losing their jobs to less qualified people simply based on the appearance of equal opportunity. I get it that, when you have a front line from CEO down to the management of good ol' white boy clubs, it's really hard for a minority to break through regardless of their abilities, so in a way white people bring this on themselves. If they don't like it, complain about these all white offices you work in instead of thinking it's just something minorities don't want to do anyhow.
    I don't disagree with this. Also 'diversity' includes women and white people as well.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Hmm Rosie O’Donnell hands pulling the whataboutism. Shocking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kKKnichols

All these crakas pretending they’re not some racist ed.

Go get your bag Maria!
    Shut your mouth, pinoy boy, you Kawhi worshiping got

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But the "if" is immaterial to the part that matters. Take this statement: "If you need to give her more things to do because she's been phenomenal..." then this wouldn't be an issue at all.

With that statement she's implying that black people get more play due to some diversity quota.
    That's reaching for something that isn't apparent. She didn't even insinuate "all blacks only get promoted because...". She's basically saying the dude could appease his boss by finding something else for this woman to do besides take Rachel's job. It would have helped to hear the other end of the conversation. Maybe the dude said "you know how it is now Rachel, we have to make this move".

I don't disagree with this. Also 'diversity' includes women and white people as well.
    No, it never includes white people. Just ask Jalen Rose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmm Rosie O’Donnell hands pulling the whataboutism. Shocking.
    DJohn got his feelings hurt over his constant failure to generate any momentum on the Trump prison prediction, now lashes out like a rape victim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's reaching for something that isn't apparent. She didn't even insinuate "all blacks only get promoted because...". She's basically saying the dude could appease his boss by finding something else for this woman to do besides take Rachel's job. It would have helped to hear the other end of the conversation. Maybe the dude said "you know how it is now Rachel, we have to make this move".
    But she did insinuate that with Taylor, which is the point. You could say it was accidental, that she was really trying to burn this guy, but dumbass was recording herself and we live at a time where anything to do with race is put under a microscope, for good or bad.

You know, I was about to reply to another post how Jalen Rose doesn't strike me as the ideal spokesperson for the racial equality movement, tbh, but at least give him credit: somebody told him to apologize and he did.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

He said he was tired of the Black Lives Matter movement and she laughed. Shut the up. “But but maybe he said this”

white guilt kicking your ass

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Only blacks and Hispanics should be allowed to go fight random people. Women too of course but not sure what pronouns to use.

Met plenty rednecks in the military, didn't see any white supremacists though.
    big ing yikes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But she did insinuate that with Taylor, which is the point. You could say it was accidental, that she was really trying to burn this guy, but dumbass was recording herself and we live at a time where anything to do with race is put under a microscope, for good or bad.

You know, I was about to reply to another post how Jalen Rose doesn't strike me as the ideal spokesperson for the racial equality movement, tbh, but at least give him credit: somebody told him to apologize and he did.
    Jalen's comments come during his normal broadcasting, because he's given a free pass to say anything he likes and that's what he likes to say. It's the same ESPN.

Do you think Taylor would refuse the job if she thought she got it for diversity purposes?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He said he was tired of the Black Lives Matter movement and she laughed. Shut the up. “But but maybe he said this”

white guilt kicking your ass
    You're spinning out of control now. Maybe it's time for another alt. TSA did a number on this one and Djohn.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Ignoring his white supremacy quote

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    You're spinning out of control now. Maybe it's time for another alt. TSA did a number on this one and Djohn.
    Women Blacks and Hispanics to war only. Chicken .

Thread Information