Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lol "hunt"

This thread jumped right into the boat. I didn't even cast a line to find it.
    Please. You were using set triggers hunting old Dale. "Where is that SOB? Here he is. Hold still now, Cubby..."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please. You were using set triggers hunting old Dale. "Where is that SOB? Here he is. Hold still now, Cubby..."
    sorry cubby I don't care enough about you or anyone else here to be chasing them around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dale gonna be rolling some barrels on the poor sobs in Phoenix soon

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Dale gonna be rolling some barrels on the poor sobs in Phoenix soon
    No, BD, I swore off the barrel rolling. I'm too old and decrepit. I'm rendered on one of those 4 feeted walkers. I'm headed for the final rodeo.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No, BD, I swore off the barrel rolling. I'm too old and decrepit. I'm rendered on one of those 4 feeted walkers. I'm headed for the final rodeo.
    You gotta go down fighting, cub. Years from now AZ central will have their balloon knots pucker when someone brings your name up

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Cubby, I say you welch on this one. I don’t know if you go on reddit, but the Suns fans there are just as arrogant and insufferable as they were in Nash’s heyday. Still have the same sense of en lement, and irrational superiority complex despite being O & Forever.

If they lose this Finals or (even better) get backdoor swept, I want you ROLLING THEM BARRELS all offseason.

And yeah yeah, not all Suns fans are bad, of course there’s some cool ones (DoK, Xylus, etc), but by and large they haven’t been humbled a bit by all their past failures. At least judging by their reddit community. Just like how on reddit the majority of Mavericks fans are still mostly obnoxious trolls who think everything is rigged against them.

Even worse, now the Mavs have a ton of Luka stans who just whine about how he’s a god who should play all 48 minutes every night, and demand Cuban trade for Bradley Beal but ignore that Dallas has nothing the Wizards want, they just yell “MAKE IT HAPPEN” thinking this is European soccer and we can just buy another team’s best player.
    Last edited by monosylab1k; 07-19-2021 at 06:38 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You gotta go down fighting, cub. Years from now AZ central will have their balloon knots pucker when someone brings your name up
    Cubby, I say you welch on this one. I don’t know if you go on reddit, but the Suns fans there are just as arrogant and insufferable as they were in Nash’s heyday. Still have the same sense of en lement, and irrational superiority complex despite being O & Forever.

If they lose this Finals or (even better) get backdoor swept, I want you ROLLING THEM BARRELS all offseason.

And yeah yeah, not all Suns fans are bad, of course there’s some cool ones (DoK, Xylus, etc), but by and large they haven’t been humbled a bit by all their past failures. At least judging by their reddit community. Just like how on reddit the majority of Mavericks fans are still mostly obnoxious trolls who think everything is rigged against them.

Even worse, now the Mavs have a ton of Luka stans who just whine about how he’s a god who should play all 48 minutes every night, and demand Cuban trade for Bradley Beal but ignore that Dallas has nothing the Wizards want, they just yell “MAKE IT HAPPEN” thinking this is European soccer and we can just buy another team’s best player.
    Guys, my barrel days are behind me forever. I'll never roll another.

I want to see Suns faithful get that NBA World Championship. They need it. It's medicinal for them now. They're a good bunch and have always fought me without quarter given, or, expected. Sure, I've been booted off their land, but that was their choice not mine. And I hold no ill feelings over my numerous ousters. I've loved every minute of our feud like I've enjoyed mine here with the Mav's fellows and Spurs guys. It's provided me with a lot of good memories and feelings, from happiness to anger, but in the final analysis we've had a grand time.

Each of us have reached the promised land, mono you went last. We've all drank from the silver cup. I wanted some of those so damn bad. I can only imagine how bad you wanted it mono. It must have been like a dream to finally realize it. Suns faithful have never had that, so I'm hoping for them. And if it does I'll be front and center congratulating them and honoring their accomplishment.

If it does not I'll feel bad for them and leave them to grieve in peace.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Guys, my barrel days are behind me forever. I'll never roll another.

I want to see Suns faithful get that NBA World Championship. They need it. It's medicinal for them now. They're a good bunch and have always fought me without quarter given, or, expected. Sure, I've been booted off their land, but that was their choice not mine. And I hold no ill feelings over my numerous ousters. I've loved every minute of our feud like I've enjoyed mine here with the Mav's fellows and Spurs guys. It's provided me with a lot of good memories and feelings, from happiness to anger, but in the final analysis we've had a grand time.

Each of us have reached the promised land, mono you went last. We've all drank from the silver cup. I wanted some of those so damn bad. I can only imagine how bad you wanted it mono. It must have been like a dream to finally realize it. Suns faithful have never had that, so I'm hoping for them. And if it does I'll be front and center congratulating them and honoring their accomplishment.

If it does not I'll feel bad for them and leave them to grieve in peace.
    At the end of the day, the folks at AZC will be smug. You were their thorn, cub - now they have nothing

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    At the end of the day, the folks at AZC will be smug. You were their thorn, cub - now they have nothing
    Maybe outwardly, but when they're by themselves, alone they'll cherish it like nothing before it. You can never convince anybody that's it "we" until after they've rang, then and only then do they understand that it does belong to (us) because to the common man. (We) caused that. Sure, ing Media would never deign to include us, and neither will the players to our face, but I believe devoutly that the players want us to grasp it, share it with them, that we were instrumental in them making that last charge up the hill to take it. An NBA le is deeply personal. You have to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune to appreciate it when you finally persevere.

Sun's faithful have suffered all manner of catastrophic failure, a half century and more of denial. They won't have to put on airs in front of me. I know. I ing know and I'd already known, had a fill of ringage when we lost in '84. I did not know what to do. I couldn't sleep, could not find peace. God only know what would have happened had Magic crawled into a fetal position as West had done, as Kareem had done, as Worthy had done. What the would've became of us, Mitch if Magic hadn't grabbed those jacks and timbers and started back down? I simply cannot imagine the commitment he made to himself, his mates and to us. He knew how devastated we were, humiliated, hurt, completely adrift we were at that juncture. We didn't know if he was capable of taking us all, all of us, his players too, by God. They were poleaxed, all of them beaten and beat. Cept Magic. Bless his heart. I've gotten so mad at him at different times thru the decades since '85 because of his decisions and I'm ashamed of myself for letting him down like that.

So, I'm hoping that Suns faithful can find their joy and contentment, heal their hearts and minds and have the knowledge that we have. We're NBA World Champions, Mitch. I believe that with every fiber of my being.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Maybe outwardly, but when they're by themselves, alone they'll cherish it like nothing before it. You can never convince anybody that's it "we" until after they've rang, then and only then do they understand that it does belong to (us) because to the common man. (We) caused that. Sure, ing Media would never deign to include us, and neither will the players to our face, but I believe devoutly that the players want us to grasp it, share it with them, that we were instrumental in them making that last charge up the hill to take it. An NBA le is deeply personal. You have to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune to appreciate it when you finally persevere.

Sun's faithful have suffered all manner of catastrophic failure, a half century and more of denial. They won't have to put on airs in front of me. I know. I ing know and I'd already known, had a fill of ringage when we lost in '84. I did not know what to do. I couldn't sleep, could not find peace. God only know what would have happened had Magic crawled into a fetal position as West had done, as Kareem had done, as Worthy had done. What the would've became of us, Mitch if Magic hadn't grabbed those jacks and timbers and started back down? I simply cannot imagine the commitment he made to himself, his mates and to us. He knew how devastated we were, humiliated, hurt, completely adrift we were at that juncture. We didn't know if he was capable of taking us all, all of us, his players too, by God. They were poleaxed, all of them beaten and beat. Cept Magic. Bless his heart. I've gotten so mad at him at different times thru the decades since '85 because of his decisions and I'm ashamed of myself for letting him down like that.

So, I'm hoping that Suns faithful can find their joy and contentment, heal their hearts and minds and have the knowledge that we have. We're NBA World Champions, Mitch. I believe that with every fiber of my being.
    You've ever considered bowing down before they rang was a slap in the face though, cub? They loathed you for decades, every upset brought them another x to the O & X. Every missed playoff, early exit, disappointing deep run had but one constant: the naysayers of the suns.

Now what do they have? Maybe a ring soon, maybe not - but no bodies to use as a podium to talk . We were fortunate, we had many enemies to make make the highest podium of them all. The suns however have little and without their long term naysayers, almost nothing

A championship will be bitter sweet, sad to say.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You've ever considered bowing down before they rang was a slap in the face though, cub? They loathed you for decades, every upset brought them another x to the O & X. Every missed playoff, early exit, disappointing deep run had but one constant: the naysayers of the suns.

Now what do they have? Maybe a ring soon, maybe not - but no bodies to use as a podium to talk . We were fortunate, we had many enemies to make make the highest podium of them all. The suns however have little and without their long term naysayers, almost nothing

It's an interesting take, Mitch. Perhaps they wouldn't know how to act at ultimate victory. They've been beaten down for a half century, 35 years of that with me flogging them mercilessly, totin' up those ciphers. Now they're just a poor, pitiful lump of hurtin' men.

They can't see our enemies as we do. So, it stands to reason we won't be able to see theirs. (Enemies) are within the hearts & minds of each of us. It's difficult to explain. And Media played/featured the (enemies) more so as we strove mightily to beat the Celtics there in the '80's. Teams went along with it. There is that ESPN 30-30 about our rivalry with the Celtics and after we finally beat them in '85 McHale entered our locker room there in the Boston Garden and congratulated many Lakers. It was almost a let down to see him in there like that. Took some of the joy outta beating them.

Suns faithful will have their stories to tell---I hope so anyway.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's an interesting take, Mitch. Perhaps they wouldn't know how to act at ultimate victory. They've been beaten down for a half century, 35 years of that with me flogging them mercilessly, totin' up those ciphers. Now they're just a poor, pitiful lump of hurtin' men.

They can't see our enemies as we do. So, it stands to reason we won't be able to see theirs. (Enemies) are within the hearts & minds of each of us. It's difficult to explain. And Media played/featured the (enemies) more so as we strove mightily to beat the Celtics there in the '80's. Teams went along with it. There is that ESPN 30-30 about our rivalry with the Celtics and after we finally beat them in '85 McHale entered our locker room there in the Boston Garden and congratulated many Lakers. It was almost a let down to see him in there like that. Took some of the joy outta beating them.

Who knows, perhaps if their time to shine comes it will be sweeter for them if it is at your expense. At any rate, barrels must be rolled if Suns cannot deliver and someone else will roll them if not the grand menace of AZcentral himself.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Looks like Wisconsin is delivering another X to the O & X column.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Looks like Wisconsin is delivering another X to the O & X column.
    I swore I'd never tote up those ciphers again as long as I live and I'm keeping my word, MM.

I should even put -they were selling your - away for good. Put it up in the attic with O &..."Hold the goddam ladder steady, Dale. I don't know why you had to have me climb up in this dusty attic to put this stupid Owen thing up here. And quit looking up my dress, you sick thing, you."

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Who knows, perhaps if their time to shine comes it will be sweeter for them if it is at your expense. At any rate, barrels must be rolled if Suns cannot deliver and someone else will roll them if not the grand menace of AZcentral himself.
    I'm sure it will be. I'll stand the gaffe. I dished it, I can certainly take it in the finest traditions. It would be an honor to take it from those fine fellows in their moment of glory. And if it goes the other way to the Bucks I won't cast the Suns faithful down with the sodomites. I'll stand in rapt silence, hat-in-hand.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    ok well Giuseppe seems sincere enough....in that case i will downgrade my scoff rating from "mookie crew" level to "Moderate".....still seems scoff-worthy that his epiphany came right around the time Durant, Kawhi, Mitc , Murray, etc all came down with injuries tbh imo

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm sure it will be. I'll stand the gaffe. I dished it, I can certainly take it in the finest traditions. It would be an honor to take it from those fine fellows in their moment of glory. And if it goes the other way to the Bucks I won't cast the Suns faithful down with the sodomites. I'll stand in rapt silence, hat-in-hand.
    If that is how it must be, cub. Someone will be picking up the torch you left

Banned
    My Team
    Brooklyn Nets
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

'em

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ok well Giuseppe seems sincere enough....in that case i will downgrade my scoff rating from "mookie crew" level to "Moderate".....still seems scoff-worthy that his epiphany came right around the time Durant, Kawhi, Mitc , Murray, etc all came down with injuries tbh imo
    Stockholm syndrome

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    One last call, Thread

This would be your biggest barell to date

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    0&forever

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Jeremy man instead of watching Chris Paul choke the series away, and seeing their big men get dominated by Giannis, just imagine if the Suns had gotten the chance to get a ballhandling clutch closer in big games…….I dunno just spitballing but maybe somebody like hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm…..oh I don’t know how about Luka Doncic?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haha I’m happy for Cubby!

Thread Information