Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lots of Assistant Coaching news around the league the last week or so but nothing on who will replace Hardy for the Spurs.

I have long wanted an old codger or at least a guy who's been around awhile to be there with Pop to give him someone to relate to, or maybe even be the bad cop that Pop might not have the stomach for anymore. But even without an old guy, how about someone who'd been around for a little while and not another jumped up intern for Pop to try to train?

Terry Stotts is still a free agent. But maybe he will just wait it out.

Lloyd Pierce is joining Carlisle on the Pacers.

I've seen reports that Scott Brooks is potentially joining the Lakers staff. Fitzdale also.

, I even thought about Larry Brown. Wouldn't it be great to seem Larry back to chill with Pop on the bench and yell at players to rebound? Well, he's actually going to be an assistant in college at Memphis under Penny Hardaway! WTF? He should be a Spur.

Jamahl Mosley after being shat on by Carlisle is a candidate for some of the open head coaching gigs, but if he doesn't get one maybe he can be with the Spurs.

Kaleb Canales was in Indiana with Bjorkgren, but has been an assistant to Carlisle before so maybe he stays there.

David Vanterpool is a free agent.

Ty Corbin was in Orlando and apparently was interviewed for the top spot.

I had hoped for Gentry last year but he ended up in Sacramento. Thought it would have been great to see him and Pop re-united. He might be inclined to stay in Sacramento as he would likely be the guy to take over when Walton is inevitably fired.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop's going to promote the shoe guy.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still praying that Manu takes the coaching offer. But he's still enjoying retirement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The last veteran assistant we hired forgot to put players back into a game.

Next video coordinator up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Matt Nielsen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    won't Pop's replacement be responsible for hiring the new assistant coach(es)?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he did a good job in Austin. I kinda hope he stays down there a little longer but it would be cool to see him move up to the big club

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Larry Brown would be kind of funny actually. He'll be 81 when the season starts. Pop would be the young guy on the bench at a mere 72.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kenny Atkinson joining Golden State and I don't even think they had a vacancy, he's just being added.

Vinny Del Negro being considered for the Portland staff apparently.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sooo is pop still retiring in a month or what?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anthony Grant, University of Dayton head coach.

Sergio Scariolo, assistant with Raptors.

Darvin Ham or Charles Lee, both Bucks assistants.

Manu Ginobili.

Lionel Hollins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know Steve Clifford was a so so head coach but he would make a decent assistant. Believe has has a defensive background. A number of our assistants have left for greener pastures, so its time bring in some new blood... preferably with NBA experience.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sooo is pop still retiring in a month or what?
    What does your Magic 8-Ball tell you?

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know Steve Clifford was a so so head coach but he would make a decent assistant. Believe has has a defensive background. A number of our assistants have left for greener pastures, so its time bring in some new blood... preferably with NBA experience.
    steve Clifford would be a terrific assistant.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    steve Clifford would be a terrific assistant.
    He would be great either as an assistant to Pop or as an assistant to a new young HC... can't go wrong there..

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He would be great either as an assistant to Pop or as an assistant to a new young HC... can't go wrong there..
    correct. His defensive schemes are top notch. He’d be a terrific coach to either Hammond or Wright

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu would be nice. I’d go for Steve Clifford and Lionel Hollins as well. Honestly think Clifford would be the best out of the 3, but Manu would be great just to get some new blood in there as well as corporate knowledge and have the youngins pick his brains. You can’t teach heart, but who knows he might rub off on them.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For non-serious reasons I like the idea of reuniting Ty Corbin with Bob Weiss as assistants. Sort of a tip of the hat to the Dark Ages between Ice and Admiral, which we are now basically back in again, albeit 35 years or so later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What does your Magic 8-Ball tell you?

Old fart definitely remains

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder why Brent Barry isn’t an assistant coach, I’ve seen him discussed for head coaching jobs around the league

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still praying that Manu takes the coaching offer. But he's still enjoying retirement.
    Not only No, but No. I don't want Manu's legacy tainted by this garbage. The guy was a compe or & these dudes don't know the meaning of the word. I hope he enjoys the rest of his life and appreciates his past achievements (Olympic Gold Medal- FOR HIS COUNTRY (Im looking at you Sellout Becky)) & 4 NBA Championship Rings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not only No, but No. I don't want Manu's legacy tainted by this garbage. The guy was a compe or & these dudes don't know the meaning of the word. I hope he enjoys the rest of his life and appreciates his past achievements (Olympic Gold Medal- FOR HIS COUNTRY (Im looking at you Sellout Becky)) & 4 NBA Championship Rings.
    I still don't understand people who seem to think Manu is going to coach.

Yes, Ginobili drew up some plays on the sideline a few times. We saw Devin Booker doing the same thing a week or two ago in the WCF.

There is absolutely nothing that suggests that Manu wants to become an NBA coach. Dude is living up life traveling and spending time with his family in Argentina. If he DID want to coach (which I don't think he does), he would probably coach their national team.

People need to get over the idea that the Big 3 are somehow going to come back and save us. Timmy only coached for a year and mostly as a favor to Pop. Time to turn over a new leaf, people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm with you Dex, I don't know that I have ever read or heard anything about Manu wanting to get into coaching. I love the guy but I think he is interested in being a family man now that he is pretty much set for life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I am hoping they find another Chad Forcier type to replace Will Hardy. I see Atkinson is going to Golden State who is someone who had piqued my interest due to his developmental success in Brooklyn prior to them signing all the free agents.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop looking for coaches in the WNBA?

Thread Information