Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The super progressive metropolis of Houston, Texas is under a boil water notice today ...
    the hollowing out of the commons and contempt for public goods is where the emphasis belongs in this thread, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    U.S. News Best Places to Live rankings

2019: Austin #1
    2021: Austin #5
    2022: Austin #14
    2023: Austin #40

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I've had the privilege of spending the last week in the dystopian hole of London and about to head to the even more dystopian hole of Paris. Please pray for my safety. I don't know how people survive in this dystopia when they could live in Waco instead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The crime thing is not entirely red versus blue. There are regional cultures at play too. The Northeast has a vastly lower crime rate than the equally blue Pacific Northwest. Portland, Seattle, and San Francisco have ridiculous property crime rates, whereas New York and Boston do not. This has been a rapid change over the past fifteen years.

I don’t like rural Southern whites because in my experience 90% of them are hateful racists who come at me because of whom I married, but sociologically it has been interesting to watch that cohort rapidly adopt all the social dysfunction, including violent crime, of the black underclass. We could discern root causes of poverty and dysfunction of both groups if we wanted to.

But we don’t.

I also think it’s interesting that an overtly white supremacist fascist movement in Idaho doesn’t have near the violent crime problem that the equally white supremacist fascist South does.

Thoughts?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, and wresting the America’s Biggest hole le away from past winners Detroit and St. Louis is…

Albuquerque.

How did that happen? Did they decide that glory was to be found in emulating the drug-underworld TV shows set there?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The crime thing is not entirely red versus blue. There are regional cultures at play too. The Northeast has a vastly lower crime rate than the equally blue Pacific Northwest. Portland, Seattle, and San Francisco have ridiculous property crime rates, whereas New York and Boston do not. This has been a rapid change over the past fifteen years.

I don’t like rural Southern whites because in my experience 90% of them are hateful racists who come at me because of whom I married, but sociologically it has been interesting to watch that cohort rapidly adopt all the social dysfunction, including violent crime, of the black underclass. We could discern root causes of poverty and dysfunction of both groups if we wanted to.

But we don’t.

I also think it’s interesting that an overtly white supremacist fascist movement in Idaho doesn’t have near the violent crime problem that the equally white supremacist fascist South does.

Thoughts?
    What you're saying reminds me of this cultural take on gun violence I read the other day based on the book American Nations: A History of the Eleven Rival Regional Cultures of North America

Not sure how that maps onto Idaho vs Deep South, if I had to guess, I'd venture that guns in Idaho have historically been more related to brute survival than enforcing a racial caste system.

Once you understand how the country was colonized — and by whom — a number of insights into the problem are revealed.
    Forget the U.S. Census divisions, which arbitrarily divide the country into a Northeast, Midwest, South and West using often meaningless state boundaries and a willful ignorance of history. The reason the U.S. has strong regional differences is because our swath of the North American continent was settled by rival colonial projects that had very little in common, often despised one another and spread without regard for today’s state boundaries.
    Those colonial projects — Puritan-controlled New England, the Dutch-settled area around what is now New York City; the Quaker-founded Delaware Valley; the Scots-Irish-led upland backcountry of the Appalachians; the West Indies-style slave society in the Deep South; the Spanish project in the southwest and so on — had different ethnographic, religious, economic and ideological characteristics. They were rivals and sometimes enemies, with even the British ones lining up on opposite sides of conflicts like the English Civil War in the 1640s. They settled much of the eastern half and southwestern third of what is now the U.S. in mutually exclusive settlement bands before significant third party in-migration picked up steam in the 1840s.
    https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...lence-00092413

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

But we don’t.

Thoughts?

The crime stats are racist. Definitely don't look those up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still salty? Sorry statistical normalization shows you as a racist bag.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. Statistically, blacks commit more violent crimes against whites.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And, its not close.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what do they say, profe?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And, its not close.
    Source?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All vibes, D?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I found this contextualization convincing, ymmv.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    e.g.,

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Insecure white Darrin is desperate to pigeonhole blaming the blacks into the conversation.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Catch 22. Can't crack down on crime without data illustrating a rise. This scares politicians.

The general plan seems to be keep the homeless centralized and sedated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I found this contextualization convincing, ymmv.

What's white on white?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. Statistically, blacks commit more violent crimes against whites.
    And, its not close.
    Did you ever decide what your Allen shooting narrative is?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    What's white on white?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    tl;dr version: The original chart that duped the Incel King is based on raw numbers that do not account for population size. Any "on white" crime stat as a raw number is going to be larger than "on (other race)" because whites are the most populous by far. This is without even getting into other factors like poverty and average age. Don't expect insecure racists like Darrin to read or accept the numbers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tl;dr version: The original chart that duped the Incel King is based on raw numbers that do not account for population size. Any "on white" crime stat as a raw number is going to be larger than "on (other race)" because whites are the most populous by far. This is without even getting into other factors like poverty and average age. Don't expect insecure racists like Darrin to read or accept the numbers.
    That is just it. Darrin knows what data normalization is. He has had his face rubbed in it several times. Yet he always goes back to the source.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seems people have not visited or lived for any length of time poor white communities in the south. Holy ... talk about holes... All the kids leave if they can, white drugs of choice run rampant. Drugs bought on government checks.

Its an unequal distribution of wealth that drives this. All of this imo. This is the CORE of the problem. And it starts very early in childhood and then schooling. It is a vicious cycle that has eroded any sort of middle class. Which of course many members of the board think they are in when too large a proportion of our population lives a total existence in comparison. Work, work, work, kids an afterthought. But, let them be born, and then dont give a about their actual life that follows a birth.
    Last edited by pgardn; 05-17-2023 at 09:09 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seems people have not visited or lived for any length of time poor white communities in the south. Holy ... talk about holes... All the kids leave if they can, white drugs of choice run rampant. Drugs bought on government checks.
    But, but... I was told super progressive cities are the dystopian holes...

Thread Information